Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Kudos on both posts Indy, good digging there, I had never even thought about the bylaws. Much respect, very thorough.
    Thanks, I was bored.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel like making it 'fair' feels like it's unfair to the teams that were bad. GSW, Cavs, Wolves, Hawks were the 4 worst teams. I know this is a next to impossibility, but what if they got jumped by say....Celtics, Lakers, Nuggets, Bucks? That would take it back into 'unfair' territory by giving better teams a shot at better talent.

I much rather see good teams just have to sit in draft order without playoffs being played than either reward them unjustly with talent, or have a playoffs and allow a team to use a player that wouldn't have been available without the hiatus (looking at the Nets and KD squarely with that one).

I guess long run going into that feels kinda 'participation trophy' like to me.
    Fair enough. Let's just hope we can finish the season, even though it seems unlikely at this point.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 04-10-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Fair enough. Let's just hope we can finish the season, even thought it seems unlikely at this point.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    I don't care if the playoffs are 3-on-3 half court single game elimination tournament... make it happen Silver!
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I don't care if the playoffs are 3-on-3 half court single game elimination tournament... make it happen Silver!
    I think players, owners, front offices, and fans would care. If they want an extremely abbreviated playoffs fine. Don't cheapen the championship with something like this.

we're crowning a fkin champ guys relax

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Playoffs have no bearing on the draft or lottery, so your point is moot.
    wat? a team with a worse record in another conference can get booted from the lottery cuz they made the loffs

I think players, owners, front offices, and fans would care. If they want an extremely abbreviated playoffs fine. Don't cheapen the championship with something like this.
    you and me both know it would never happen like that. Im implying they need to figure out how to crown a champion for the season

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

you and me both know it would never happen like that. Im implying they need to figure out how to crown a champion for the season
    That would be nice, but I don't want it to happen at the expense of anyone's health. And if the players don't feel safe then ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    we're crowning a fkin champ guys relax
    I sure hope so!

That would be nice, but I don't want it to happen at the expense of anyone's health. And if the players don't feel safe then ok.
    its April 10th, were not even to the date where the regular season was scheduled to end. I think as of right now the rest of the regular season is lost and probably 7 game playoff series for anything other than conference finals and NBA finals.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

its April 10th, were not even to the date where the regular season was scheduled to end. I think as of right now the rest of the regular season is lost and probably 7 game playoff series for anything other than conference finals and NBA finals.
    Agreed, I think the playoffs with altered format could start as late as July or August and still be fine, if what Woj said as the week of September 7th is the desired latest end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    wat? a team with a worse record in another conference can get booted from the lottery cuz they made the loffs
    He meant playoff results have no bearing on draft order.

I doubt the league or owners or players want this championship to go down as a asterix mark either.

We know absolutely nothing new. We won't know until the shelter in place is ended what is possible. My guess is the NBA has a deadline date, but they are not likely to share it with us.

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast