Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They didn’t change anything with their draft order. So if at all it strengthens my stance of no need to do anything.
    The relevance was they deviated from the norm, due to a doomsday event. Nice try though.

I just hope some form of playoffs take place so I don't have to listen to the closed minded narrow thinking of "we've did it this way for 70 years, why change now".

Yeah, that narrative fits right in with the super progressive Adam Silver, who looks for every way possible to deviate from that conservative, traditional style of thinking and thought process.

The CBA also says that the draft has to happen prior to July 10th, so if the season goes past that you just going to cancel the draft all together?

True or False:
    Playoff finishing position effects draft order?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    True or False:
    Playoff finishing position effects draft order?
    What playoffs? 🤔

It clearly states..."The NBA draft lottery is an annual event held by the National Basketball Association (NBA), in which the teams who had missed the playoffs participate in a lottery process to determine the draft order in the NBA draft."

By that wording, no playoffs, means all 30 teams would be eligible for the draft lottery

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    It clearly states..."The NBA draft lottery is an annual event held by the National Basketball Association (NBA), in which the teams who had missed the playoffs participate in a lottery process to determine the draft order in the NBA draft."

By that wording, no playoffs, means all 30 teams would be eligible for the draft lottery
    The Lottery section of the CBA also specifies that 14 teams are in the lottery.

Single elimination tournament, empty gym except players, trainers, and coaches, fixed cameras, remote officiating, commentary. and direction. Can get the whole thing done in 8 days with no team playing more often than every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Lottery section of the CBA also specifies that 14 teams are in the lottery.
    False.

What page of the 598 page CBA states this? If you can't state a page then what article in the CBA and section and/or subsection state what you just claimed?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    u can have morris back tho

Single elimination tournament, empty gym except players, trainers, and coaches, fixed cameras, remote officiating, commentary. and direction. Can get the whole thing done in 8 days with no team playing more often than every other day.
    they should allow a certain number of immune fans on one section and those who think the risk doesn't outweigh the hype on another.

be honest guys. if tickets were relatively cheap for an nba finals but you're allegedly risking ur life, would you not go? I'm going, I already still come in contact with too many people by today's standard

See Bryant, Kobe ... he demanded a trade to the Lakers before he was drafted and got it. Nothing new under the sun.
    I remember reading about a role player in the 60s but his was a special case. nothing new indeed but it seems fair to say the sun's heat has intensified of late (I'd say around the Kobe days for sure tho)

See Bryant, Kobe ... he demanded a trade to the Lakers before he was drafted and got it. Nothing new under the sun.
    True, but the question asked was about players that have played a year or 2 and demanded/asked for a trade. and again, I know players asking/demanding trades isnt new, but I feel like its been happening more recently than its ever been, if im wrong about that so be it. Jimmy Butler (twice), Paul George (twice), Kawhi Leonard, Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul (maybe twice? cant remember if he wanted out of LA) Anthony Davis....might be a few im missing on, but all those in a span of 3/4 years
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 04-07-2020 at 11:22 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    What playoffs? [emoji848]
    So not answering the question.

So if there's no season then I guess that means....

DEFENDING CHAMPS BAYBAYYYYYYY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I was thinking it would be a good compromise to take the top 4 in both conferences:
    1v4, 2v3, best of 3
    Winner v winner, best of 5
    Finals, best of 5

About 3 weeks to get it done. I think about 8 teams is the furthest you can stretch this and be “safe” with it.

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast