Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Heard on the radio that the NBA has financial problems now. Good, I hope they fold. Couldn't happen to a ******** league.
    lol

Maybe they would have to get rid of 2-4 teams.

I say, Minny, Charlotte, Pelicans & Kings; & move one of the Texas teams to the East.

Then promote a player selection day, were these players which have no team; will be drafted into other teams.

Zion has to go to the Knicks or Bulls lol
    Last edited by Dade County; 05-12-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    lol

Maybe they would have to get rid of 2-4 teams.

I say, Minny, Charlotte, Pelicans & Kings; & move one of the Texas teams to the East.

Then promote a player selection day, were these players which have no team; will be drafted into other teams.

Zion has to go to the Knicks or Bulls lol
    We need more teams in the East???

The draft of the players on the killed teams should be based on last season's record!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    So what happens if someone tests positive again after they start back up? They’re just out for the rest of the schedule? Are they going to be tested everyday?

Look, I want the NBA to come back as much as the next guy. We’d be balls deep in the playoffs right now and how great would that be now that KD left/the CapSpikeGate diabolical is over and things are wide open? Actually, I’d be balls deep in The Black Forest right now but the point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So what happens if someone tests positive again after they start back up? They’re just out for the rest of the schedule? Are they going to be tested everyday?

Look, I want the NBA to come back as much as the next guy. We’d be balls deep in the playoffs right now and how great would that be now that KD left/the CapSpikeGate diabolical is over and things are wide open? Actually, I’d be balls deep in The Black Forest right now but the point stands.
    That was brought up today and they said if another positive test happened it would likely mean total shutdown, and both sides are evaluating how they feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    That was brought up today and they said if another positive test happened it would likely mean total shutdown, and both sides are evaluating how they feel about that.
    That contradicts what Scoots just said, though. “Silver keeps saying that positive tests amongst players/staff can't result in another shutdown or there's no point to even try and resume play because he thinks someone or multiple guys will end up testing positive during this process.”

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Who said that? It's the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post

This is the best info I can find, hope it answers your questions or at least provides a little more clarity.

So, Silver says they are planning to try to decide in a month as he watches sports around the globe offer him cover for his decision. It's STILL all about PR.

Supposedly there is still a lot of push from the owners to make next season "normal" which is in turn pressuring Silver to take action sooner than later or to give up on this season which the NBA and half the owners really don't want either.

If a player tests positive they can isolate that player, but unless they wait several days and test everyone else before going back to playing they are just accepting that everyone will be exposed or teams will be gutted in the playoffs as people test positive even if they have no symptoms. I wonder if players will use their steroid cheating techniques to cheat the Corona test? hehe

German soccer is back. I’m guessing they’ll be watching that league closely to see what happens. Obviously different sports and countries but still should give them more data.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The NBA is "angling" to cancel the 2019-20 season after China's CBA shutdown, per @WindhorstESPN "There is a significant amount of pessimism right now."

figured this deserved its own thread and i am now 100 percent sure its gonna happen with the new estimates of lock down being 5 months.
    Barring an unforeseen turn of events, many NBA owners, executives and National Basketball Players Association elders believe commissioner Adam Silver will greenlight the return to play in June —*with games expected to resume sometime before the end of July, sources said.*

MTM the Chris Broussard of PSD.

Let's goooooo

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast