Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    NHL owner said he thinks playoff field should be expanded, wonder if that would work for the NBA.

So will there be a champion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclover View Post
    So will there be a champion?
    We hope!

This is fantastic news! I know some teams will say unfair competitive advantage but I'm not really speaking to that, just glad this leans a little more towards the season getting back underway in some capacity!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    This is fantastic news! I know some teams will say unfair competitive advantage but I'm not really speaking to that, just glad this leans a little more towards the season getting back underway in some capacity!

I'm a little surprised they didn't take the "unfair" part out by saying something like "when every NBA team municipality has easted the orders all NBA teams can open their facilities", or "NBA teams are allowed, within local rules, to open their facilities for medical and training, but NOT for practice or player/coach meetings. When all NBA team cities ease the rules to allow non-essential businesses to open practice and player/coach meetings can resume".

The 4 CA teams get 2 weeks extra vacation (at the moment) I guess.

Sorry, I looked it up and CA state site says "until further notice" but at least May 15, I assume because they don't want companies ramping up to May 15 because they may extend it.

Massachusetts May 4th
    North Carolina and Pennsylvania May 8th
    Michigan, NY, and DC May 15th
    Illinois May 30th

That's what, 11 teams that will have to wait?

It's a good thing there are no NBA teams in Virginia ... June 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sorry, I looked it up and CA state site says "until further notice" but at least May 15, I assume because they don't want companies ramping up to May 15 because they may extend it.

Massachusetts May 4th
    Illinois May 30th

Ik its a pandemic so may be different, but wonder if teams could move operations to neighboring states whom open up sooner, may be too soon to address that though.

Ties in, just seen this https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/n...242297751.html

Florida is counting professional sports as essential service, but still lots of stipulations to it.

Ik its a pandemic so may be different, but wonder if teams could move operations to neighboring states whom open up sooner, may be too soon to address that though.
    Probably not, if for no other reason that the players won't want to drive to another state on a daily basis.

Probably not, if for no other reason that the players won't want to drive to another state on a daily basis.
    Speaking of players not wanting to do stuff, Ingles said he doesn't know how up for the "bubble theory" he would be.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.des...19-coronavirus

If teams transit their players to another city/state, they'll take the entire team and move them to a hotel and keep them isolated most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If teams transit their players to another city/state, they'll take the entire team and move them to a hotel and keep them isolated most likely.
    Yeah, and I think that's a tough sell to take people away from their families for an unknown period, but only some team's families.

Massachusetts May 4th
    Illinois May 30th

Our June 10th thing is a little misleading. As of right now small non-essential businesses can start opening May 8th.

June 10th was derived from the initial state of emergency declaration. It was put into effect March 10th for 90 days...which is June 10th. The Governor can lift it at any time if he chooses.

It’s actually the Wizards who fare the worse. Maryland/DC is “indefinite” stay at home order.

Really reading into it though it’s a little bit misleading or false hope. They are opening up for individual workouts. No team workouts or partner workouts. They are unsure when they’ll open up workouts more. And we could really quickly go back to square one on this.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Our June 10th thing is a little misleading. As of right now small non-essential businesses can start opening May 8th.

June 10th was derived from the initial state of emergency declaration. It was put into effect March 10th for 90 days...which is June 10th. The Governor can lift it at any time if he chooses.

It’s actually the Wizards who fare the worse. Maryland/DC is “indefinite” stay at home order.
    Some non-essential businesses have been able to stay open as long as they are allowing 10 or fewer patrons of the store in at a time.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast