Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    We know absolutely nothing new. We won't know until the shelter in place is ended what is possible. My guess is the NBA has a deadline date, but they are not likely to share it with us.
    I'm sure they wanna finish this season. Even if it means shorten next season a bit. But with cap going down next season. I doubt the owners wanna lose money with less games next season. Also doubt players want a pay cut either next year to make up the difference. Like they said on twitter this morning worst case is all playoff teams in one city and finishes the playoffs there with no fans. But then another person said no fans means its probably not safe for the players either.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I'm sure they wanna finish this season. Even if it means shorten next season a bit. But with cap going down next season. I doubt the owners wanna lose money with less games next season. Also doubt players want a pay cut either next year to make up the difference. Like they said on twitter this morning worst case is all playoff teams in one city and finishes the playoffs there with no fans. But then another person said no fans means its probably not safe for the players either.
    Not necessarily. I think 20 or 30 people per team plus refs on the court(move all scorers, broadcasters and inactive/non essential personnel off the court or in remote locations) is much different than 20,000 fans being there too.

They could always pick the Bahamas and play in a ball room like UK and Arizona St did

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not necessarily. I think 20 or 30 people per team plus refs on the court(move all scorers, broadcasters and inactive/non essential personnel off the court or in remote locations) is much different than 20,000 fans being there too.

They could always pick the Bahamas and play in a ball room like UK and Arizona St did
    Conversely guys sweating, making contact, heavy breathing, hi-5-ing, running into each other, sharing a basketball is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Conversely guys sweating, making contact, heavy breathing, hi-5-ing, running into each other, sharing a basketball is just as bad.
    No it isn't, if none of them have it lol

You could apply your logic to any couple bumpin uglies, just isolate everyone from everybody else if that is your real train of thought. Everybody in solitary confinement until further notice!

You could apply your logic to any couple bumpin uglies, just isolate everyone from everybody else if that is your real train of thought. Everybody in solitary confinement until further notice!
    Yes it is- people are supposed to stay at home.

We don't know if none of them have it. It's simple.

Scientists and experts should be the only ones allowed to have an opinion on this.

Specialized ones- not just any scientist or doctor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

So you can guarantee through this that not a single one of them would come in contact with it?

So you can guarantee through this that not a single one of them would come in contact with it?
    That is the only way it will return, if they can not be in and stay in a controlled environment, the NBA and no other sport will play until that is achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes it is- people are supposed to stay at home.

We don't know if none of them have it. It's simple.

Scientists and experts should be the only ones allowed to have an opinion on this.

Specialized ones- not just any scientist or doctor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We aren't talking about April 11th bro.

This is months off, and like I just told war, they will make sure none of them have it, before they return.

We don't have Neanderthals running this return project.

Idk if they'll end up being able to test for it like blood sugar or not, but they will need a controlled environment with zero outsiders allowed in, if a return is to be plausible.

On a 45-minute call with Silver and the heads of 11 other prominent sports organizations,*President Trump shared his frustration with the absence of sports and urged the commissioners to resume play as soon as possible, according to multiple sources.*People close to multiple commissioners involved said they would continue to follow the advice of the health professionals, as opposed to Trump’s urges.*

–via*Shams Charania @ The Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Likewise I'm sure they WANT to finish the season, we agree on that. We have absolutely no idea what they are willing to do to get there. The NBA, the owners, and the players are not saying with any certainty what is or is not likely to happen, nor what's possible to happen because nobody knows. There is a lot of things people desire but still doesn't mean we know anything.

The players may not want a pay cut, but they, like the rest of us, are going to be effected by a global economic downturn.

There is no way it happens if the shelter in place is still in effect.

That is the only way it will return, if they can not be in and stay in a controlled environment, the NBA and no other sport will play until that is achievable.
    This we agree on, and the PR danger is way too high for the NBA to take that chance. The moment the shelter in place ends options open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This we agree on, and the PR danger is way too high for the NBA to take that chance. The moment the shelter in place ends options open up.
    Yup and even then it's gonna be tough, because they don't want to take tests from people who need them and then if supply is available they also need a test that gets results somewhat in a timely manner, I've heard the goal is 15 minutes to an hour but idk if that is even attainable, realistically.

If they get the testing stuff figured out, then the obstacle becomes the venue and creating that bubble, deciding who is allowed in, initially. Once people leave they probably can't come back without some kind of quarantine protocol in place. I think the players and staff would be easier than like lodging staff and cook staff etc.

Those are probably the main 2 concerns, only other issue I see is if they go private island like the UFC if compensation as far as taxes and what not may be impacted. Also what networks get what share of the games, but those are minor in comparison.

The league office is currently preparing a 25-day, “back-to-basketball plan,” according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst. Individual workouts would last 11 days under the NBA’s potential plan,*and teams would then come together for a 14-day training camp, per Windhorst. If parts of the nation begin to re-open, the NBA could begin a four-week program to resume the 2019-20 season.*

–*via*Michael Shapiro @ Sports Illustrated

*Top Rumors,*Training camp

This rumor is part of a storyline:*460 more rumors

“In talking to executives and trainers around the league, what they’re looking at is a 25-day return to basketball window,” Windhorst said on ESPN on Sunday.*“An 11-day series of individual workouts. …and then hopefully, if the clearance comes that they can play five-on-five basketball, a 14-day training camp.*So as you hope for the country to heal and the virus to get better, look for at least about a three-and-a-half to four-week return date before you’d ever get back to games.”*

–*via*Michael Shapiro @ Sports Illustrated

Supposedly 70% of sports fans surveyed would not go back to sporting events until there is a vaccine available. That was from a radio show so don't have a source. Seems high to me.

If there is a vaccine everything changes.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast