Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    IMO we are going to be extremely lucky if we see anything resembling a normal NBA season NEXT year. This season is a wash. It ain't happening.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    a depression would kill atleast 18 million from starvation not to mention the people killed from suicide, and violent crimes. Might be worth trying to avoid.

maybe find a middle ground between helping keep distance, avoid huge crowds, wash your hands often, wear masks as much as possible VS literally everyone staying home. it might be sustainable for a longer period of time.

While trying to protect the most vulnerable.

Seems like the course of action immediately called for the most aggressive and least sustainable game plan as oppose to figuring out a more rational way to deal with the problem. BTW- there are people expecting the spike 2 months AFTER everyone is locked down.... so not sure the lock down is preventing anything
    The lock down is certainly flattening the curve as you can see by the real time bayesian update of the models. Extreme distancing works. It is a false choice fallacy to assume if you do nothing the cost would be less economically. We dont know what the knock on effects of 150,000,000 people being sick within a month of each other would be with a novel virus. It is a high risk probability event. I agree we are going to need to move to a middle ground in next several weeks once the lockdowns further bend the curve. At that point perhaps more comprehensive testing, coupled by leaving at risk people quarantined for months while low risk and those that already recovered go back to work. Either way this years sports seasons are shot!

If the season gets cancelled. Then they better be changing the draft. Probably remove the lottery altogether. Why punish playoff seeds, yet no playoffs or no chance at a ring? They better change the odds so even playoff teams can move way up. Teams that hurt the most out of this is Lakers,Bucks,Clippers. LeBron be a year older. AD has a player option.

Kawhi and PG13 have two years after this but player options final year so if next season if injuries or something happens they could go for greener pastures. Bucks been hungry for a ring with Giannis. Giannis a year sooner to be a free agent with a possible wasted season down the drain. Also older roster of Hill,Korver,Brolo,Rolo,Matthews,Ersan,Marvin. But i'm sure plenty of ring chaser replacements. But with little cap. But most the league will hardly have any cap with cancelled season and China backing out.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    If the season gets cancelled. Then they better be changing the draft. Probably remove the lottery altogether. Why punish playoff seeds, yet no playoffs or no chance at a ring? They better change the odds so even playoff teams can move way up. Teams that hurt the most out of this is Lakers,Bucks,Clippers. LeBron be a year older. AD has a player option.

Kawhi and PG13 have two years after this but player options final year so if next season if injuries or something happens they could go for greener pastures. Bucks been hungry for a ring with Giannis. Giannis a year sooner to be a free agent with a possible wasted season down the drain. Also older roster of Hill,Korver,Brolo,Rolo,Matthews,Ersan,Marvin. But i'm sure plenty of ring chaser replacements. But with little cap. But most the league will hardly have any cap with cancelled season and China backing out.
    If you give odds to playoff teams, you're taking odds from non-playoff teams. You'd probably feel differently if your team was the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If you give odds to playoff teams, you're taking odds from non-playoff teams. You'd probably feel differently if your team was the Hornets.
    I think the best offer I saw was tiered flat odds. 1-5 same odds, 6-10, 11-14. Keep it all within a few points of each other. Like 16%, 14%, 12%. Draw for the entire lottery, not just the top picks.

Well whats the compensation for no playoffs for the playoff teams? But at this point my Bucks are at #18 cause we have the Pacers pick from Brogdon trade. Also a weak draft.

If the season gets cancelled every single team should have the exact same odds for everything. 30 ping pong balls 1 for each team. 1st ball gets pick 30, 2nd gets pick 29 so forth and so on.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

There are no playoff and non playoff teams if the season is cancelled.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    If the season gets cancelled every single team should have the exact same odds for everything. 30 ping pong balls 1 for each team. 1st ball gets pick 30, 2nd gets pick 29 so forth and so on.
    Nah. They'll probably do something like the NHL did all those years ago and base the lottery on the last three seasons cumulative records.

I also heard from a pretty good source that Ontario is likely to stay in this semi-lockdown until June. No NBA games in Toronto until after that. Just cancel the season and pull the band-aid off. Postpone the draft until there is more clarity in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Nah. They'll probably do something like the NHL did all those years ago and base the lottery on the last three seasons cumulative records.

I also heard from a pretty good source that Ontario is likely to stay in this semi-lockdown until June. No NBA games in Toronto until after that. Just cancel the season and pull the band-aid off. Postpone the draft until there is more clarity in this situation.
    Im fine with that too, but theres absolutely no way they should base the draft order strictly on the results of a partial season that gets cancelled.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    There are no playoff and non playoff teams if the season is cancelled.
    That's just shorthand for this conversation. Lottery odds are determined not by playoff/nonplayoff seeding, but rather by cumulative win/loss records at the end of the season, with tiebreakers. Whether a team is in the playoffs or not technically has nothing to do with it.

That's just shorthand for this conversation. Lottery odds are determined not by playoff/nonplayoff seeding, but rather by cumulative win/loss records at the end of the season, with tiebreakers. Whether a team is in the playoffs or not technically has nothing to do with it.
    yep, was just using your wording in my reply

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post

I expect a lot of push back on that.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

if there is no playoffs you cant just say everyone should have the same odds.. that is dumb and illogical... should something minor be done? sure but you cant just reward playoff teams and screw over bad teams because the season didnt finish. You basically are furthering ******** on teams that are trying to build but dont have the luxury of superstars/big markets/top cities. If you are a playoff team you have no business having a chance of being in the top 10 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I expect a lot of push back on that.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    and there should be.... you basically screw over the warriors because they would no longer be a lottery team which i would love but its wrong. You then help out the lakers/clippers but hella screw over the bucks when all 3 teams are right there for a championship and that could kill the bucks and help the LA teams.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast