Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Speaks volumes that people are withdrawing their name from consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    Speaks volumes that people are withdrawing their name from consideration.
    Not really. That's the norm. It happens every year when teams look to fill top executive spots. Just now you see it happening to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Not really. That's the norm. It happens every year when teams look to fill top executive spots. Just now you see it happening to us.
    I disagree. Most are prevented. in this case guys won't even interview for a job in a top 3 market. a guy who is an assistant GM turned down an opportunity .... it says alot.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I disagree. Most are prevented. in this case guys won't even interview for a job in a top 3 market. a guy who is an assistant GM turned down an opportunity .... it says alot.
    I'm not going to argue common knowledge. Why do you think there are so many former Players and/or agents? If teams could pluck certain guys out of organizations (as easy as you think they can), Then there would be no reasons for teams to take risk on former players and agents.

You see it all the time. Year in year out. Guys turning down interviews. Teams not letting certain guys take interviews. Hell you even see guys take one interview and say nevermind right after. It's common.

The Raptors said no, not Webster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    I'm not going to argue common knowledge. Why do you think there are so many former Players and/or agents? If teams could pluck certain guys out of organizations (as easy as you think they can), Then there would be no reasons for teams to take risk on former players and agents.

You see it all the time. Year in year out. Guys turning down interviews. Teams not letting certain guys take interviews. Hell you even see guys take one interview and say nevermind right after. It's common.
    Like i said.... most are prevented..... but guys are being granted and turning down interviews..... not even turning down the job...... not even wanting to consider it. And personally i get it in say Websters case.....where toronto isnt that far off in terms of city and market..... but to hear the guy from Indy..... the assistant in Miami.... won't even take the call. It says guys don't want to run the bulls..... which is a bad perception to have.

we have said the same thing for years though about players not being drawn. its just fact at this point that it runs even higher

-Rem Koolhaas

The fact that they are doing interviews is a breath of fresh air, Gar didn't interview, and the Bulls didn't really interview for either hiring of Boylen and Hoiberg.

Joe Cowley
    @JCowleyHoops
    Bulls VP of basketball ops John Paxson is willing to leave the organization all together if asked by the Reinsdorfs and the new-look front office.

Read it:

Quote Originally Posted by chicago jack View Post
    Joe Cowley
    @JCowleyHoops
    Bulls VP of basketball ops John Paxson is willing to leave the organization all together if asked by the Reinsdorfs and the new-look front office.

Read it:
    I doubt the Reinsdorfs will ever ask him to leave though.

Sounds like Michael Reinsdorf isnít on the same page with his dad when it comes to their feelings towards Paxson. As it seems more and more that Jerry is allowing Michael to take the reins, Pax probably sees the writing on the wall and wants to save his reputation by making it look like a resignation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chicago jack View Post
    Joe Cowley
    @JCowleyHoops

Read it:
    Which sadly isn't going to happen...

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Sounds like Michael Reinsdorf isnít on the same page with his dad when it comes to their feelings towards Paxson. As it seems more and more that Jerry is allowing Michael to take the reins, Pax probably sees the writing on the wall and wants to save his reputation by making it look like a resignation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That'd be great. Would definitely change my perception of Michael Reinsdorf if he can force Paxson out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wojespn/s...04205921013760

There you go. VP of Basketball operations officially taking paxsons tittle. It sounds like Gar is out too.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12