Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bulls changing FO!!! Garpax is done!

Source: Chicago Tribune. I honestly forgot how to add links and Iím on my phone so I copied and paste... Lolololol

The Bullsí front-office shake-up that has been speculated about for months ó and fans have clamored over for years ó will begin next week.
    The team will start a formal search to hire an executive with full authority on basketball decisions, a source confirmed to the Tribune on Friday.

ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski initially reported the Bullsí plans to begin the search process, including a list of candidates the team is considering.

The Bulls plan to seek permission to interview Nuggets general manager Arturas Karnisovas and Raptors general manager Bobby Webster. Pacers general manager Chad Buchanan and Heat assistant general manager Adam Simon also are expected to be initial targets, according to NBC Sports Chicago and The Athletic. Each executive comes from one of the NBAís most respected and forward-thinking franchises. That appears to be the route the Bulls will explore during their search rather than continue a league trend of hiring executives within player agencies. The new hire will help shape a franchise that has seen few front-office changes during the tenure of Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

John Paxson, the executive vice president of basketball operations, was hired in 2003 to replace general manager Jerry Krause as the Bullsí top decision-maker. Paxson is expected to remain in the organization in some capacity, the Tribune confirmed. ESPN reported that could be in an advisory role.

Ownership also is expected to discuss a future role with general manager Gar Forman, who already had taken a step back from personnel moves to a role more focused on scouting.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    (Topic: Pat Riley)Yeah snorting coke off of Lebron James thigh obviously makes you crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by vdv36 View Post
    Source: Chicago Tribune. I honestly forgot how to add links and Iím on my phone so I copied and paste... Lolololol

The Bullsí front-office shake-up that has been speculated about for months ó and fans have clamored over for years ó will begin next week.
    The team will start a formal search to hire an executive with full authority on basketball decisions, a source confirmed to the Tribune on Friday.

ESPNís Adrian Wojnarowski initially reported the Bullsí plans to begin the search process, including a list of candidates the team is considering.

The Bulls plan to seek permission to interview Nuggets general manager Arturas Karnisovas and Raptors general manager Bobby Webster. Pacers general manager Chad Buchanan and Heat assistant general manager Adam Simon also are expected to be initial targets, according to NBC Sports Chicago and The Athletic. Each executive comes from one of the NBAís most respected and forward-thinking franchises. That appears to be the route the Bulls will explore during their search rather than continue a league trend of hiring executives within player agencies. The new hire will help shape a franchise that has seen few front-office changes during the tenure of Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf.

John Paxson, the executive vice president of basketball operations, was hired in 2003 to replace general manager Jerry Krause as the Bullsí top decision-maker. Paxson is expected to remain in the organization in some capacity, the Tribune confirmed. ESPN reported that could be in an advisory role.

Ownership also is expected to discuss a future role with general manager Gar Forman, who already had taken a step back from personnel moves to a role more focused on scouting.
    Niiiiicce!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    ill beleive it when i actually see it.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

The fact that Paxson is staying on in an advisory role is currently holding back much of the excitement I have for this way overdue change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    ill beleive it when i actually see it.
    The writing is on the wall

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The writing is on the wall
    Its been on the wall for years. Yes it feels closer than ever but lets not get our hopes up. I mean has this team ever enticed a player to come here. what makes anyone think we will be able to poach a top level FO guy.

-Rem Koolhaas

I mean seriously i hate to be the bearer of bad news..... but can anyone explain why the GM of the Raptors...... Nuggets...... or even Indiana would leave right now. all 3 of those teams are lightyears ahead of where we are. I know people say chicago is an apealing job but so is NY and u see how they shuffle through GMs. I mean seriously these guys are going to leave and start from scratch...... and have to deal with paxon in an advisory role.

To me i honestly think all 3 of these guys are unlikely. Chad Bushanan might take the offer just to get a real chance at running a FO.

-Rem Koolhaas

Ohh.... and when they are told to "Keep an open mind" on Boylen I think most will see it as a lack of Control.

-Rem Koolhaas

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsChar...08725474934785

cant even convince a guy from Indiana to interview for the job. Something tells me celebration was pre mature.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    The fact that Paxson is staying on in an advisory role is currently holding back much of the excitement I have for this way overdue change.
    I also love how Gar has forever security in the organization. Joke.

I have 0 confidence that any good candidate wants to work for the Bulls. And even less confidence that they'll make a good hire.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I have 0 confidence that any good candidate wants to work for the Bulls. And even less confidence that they'll make a good hire.
    IDK, I really like their short list. I'm more concerned with Paxson (and Gar, to a lesser extent) still being a part of the organization, in any capacity.

Not hard to imagine those dopes micromanaging in the background and inevitably pissing off whoever they hire in a few years.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 04-05-2020 at 02:03 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByTimReyn...69403240148993

The one I thought was the most likely is jnow out

-Rem Koolhaas

also Raptors guy is unlikely lol

-Rem Koolhaas

couple of the names been head scratchers but at least they are willing to interview all options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast