Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Cruises are just glorified resorts.

I donít see them being as popular as they once were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What's the easiest way of buying stocks? It's not something I've ever done or looked into, but w the economy the way it is, right now seems like the time to invest.
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Honestly for simplicity and practicality of what you are looking to do and get feet wet I would say, Robinhood.
    So easy even a caveman can do it

Got my first $2000 ei cheque yesterday

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shady66 View Post
    Got my first $2000 ei cheque yesterday

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
    Iím still waiting for this check thatís probably never going to come.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Cruises are just glorified resorts.

I donít see them being as popular as they once were.

The Bahamas and Mexican Riveria short cruises are basically party ships. The longer the cruise the less the party effect.

I have a 14-day cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver that I am waiting on them to cancel. 6 Days seeing glaciers, 4 of those days with separate trips in a Zodiaq up close to different glaciers, one of them a 400 foot tall 8-mile wide glacier in a Zodiaq launched off the ship. Ports I have never been to. this type of cruise is about the destination and ports, not the party on the ship.

There are places that are hard to get to by land travel. Seeing bears feeding on salmon, being on top of whales there is a lot to see.

Glacier Bay national park most visitors get there on a boat or cruise ship. I have a September cruise with 2 separate days in Glacier Bay, and some other ports in September. That one I will probably have to cancel as the surgery I was going to have in July or August will now probably be September or October, once SIP is lifted and hospitals can do elective surgery.

I was going to try and go to Antarctica in 2021 but that's not going to work out and the drive-by visits (large cruise ships) mostly all end in 2021 based on new ship safety regulations for polar regions.

The small explorer ships that set foot on the ice are more expensive and the rooms are like a hostel.

When I retire I want to spend a month in Australia, then cruise back to the US. There are probably about 100k people cruising a week just out of US and Canadian ports, probably 3-500k a week worldwide just on the major lines.

People may change habits, 85 years old may stay off of world voyages. Most millennials can't afford a 128-day vacation.

Basically the COVID-19 took a chunk out of my retirement accounts, maybe 200k, so I was going to reduce my travel budget but now I am going to refi my house instead of paying it off which will preserve my cash and allow me to have more money longer.

So long story short I will be back to cruising next year
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

^^ I had no idea there were cruise ships that went to Antarctica. That's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The Bahamas and Mexican Riveria short cruises are basically party ships. The longer the cruise the less the party effect.

I have a 14-day cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver that I am waiting on them to cancel. 6 Days seeing glaciers, 4 of those days with separate trips in a Zodiaq up close to different glaciers, one of them a 400 foot tall 8-mile wide glacier in a Zodiaq launched off the ship. Ports I have never been to. this type of cruise is about the destination and ports, not the party on the ship.

There are places that are hard to get to by land travel. Seeing bears feeding on salmon, being on top of whales there is a lot to see.

Glacier Bay national park most visitors get there on a boat or cruise ship. I have a September cruise with 2 separate days in Glacier Bay, and some other ports in September. That one I will probably have to cancel as the surgery I was going to have in July or August will now probably be September or October, once SIP is lifted and hospitals can do elective surgery.

I was going to try and go to Antarctica in 2021 but that's not going to work out and the drive-by visits (large cruise ships) mostly all end in 2021 based on new ship safety regulations for polar regions.

The small explorer ships that set foot on the ice are more expensive and the rooms are like a hostel.

When I retire I want to spend a month in Australia, then cruise back to the US. There are probably about 100k people cruising a week just out of US and Canadian ports, probably 3-500k a week worldwide just on the major lines.

People may change habits, 85 years old may stay off of world voyages. Most millennials can't afford a 128-day vacation.

Basically the COVID-19 took a chunk out of my retirement accounts, maybe 200k, so I was going to reduce my travel budget but now I am going to refi my house instead of paying it off which will preserve my cash and allow me to have more money longer.

So long story short I will be back to cruising next year
    Yeah you just taught me a bunch of things in this one post lol.

I neglected to look at the point of view of a cruise being a destination sort of sight seeing thing. I admit, that changes my perspective a bit. Still - I stand by my initial point that party cruises and other cruises of that such will end up fading into obscurity.

Youíre not alone in losing money out of your retirement fund. My dad lost 60k when we last checked...and that was almost three weeks ago. Everybody is being financially ****ed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Iím still waiting for this check thatís probably never going to come.

Keep an eye on the treasury website. Apparently they are going to launch a portal shortly after Easter where people can enter their banking information so they can get direct deposit instead of waiting for a paper check.

Also, if you e-file taxes and have direct deposit taken out for your federal taxes, you won't need to do anything.

My girl just got her check

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    My girl just got her check

And she claimed my kids..

If you cant beat them, join them

My sister also got her check.

This is the best kind of money. Fresh digits from the keystrokes of a computer at the Treasury. No need to pay it back #Modernmonetarytheory Even the national debt can be held by the Federal Reserve with no real burden on taxpayers. Cake and eat it too

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    And she claimed my kids..

hahahah this was such a good follow up laugh. Not laughing at you, but it read in a very humorous way to see your first post and then the follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I'm really happy with my Carnival buy so far but I am kicking myself for not buying Royal Caribbean. It went from 22 to 45 in the last 2 weeks.
    I jumped on Robinhood last night.

Like gf28 never really did this before. Do you plan on selling off when youíre buying these low ones or really just holding on.

Also what is worth it? I mean in the sense of buying in qty. I donít really have tons to spend and even with the stimulus Iíd probably just use some in the stocks. So for example, say I just buy 20 in Carnival (where Iím looking) is that even worth it? I guess a quick $250 I can turn into a grand fairly easy with those if I jump out quick, or is that not a smart play?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I jumped on Robinhood last night.

Like gf28 never really did this before. Do you plan on selling off when youíre buying these low ones or really just holding on.

Also what is worth it? I mean in the sense of buying in qty. I donít really have tons to spend and even with the stimulus Iíd probably just use some in the stocks. So for example, say I just buy 20 in Carnival (where Iím looking) is that even worth it? I guess a quick $250 I can turn into a grand fairly easy with those if I jump out quick, or is that not a smart play?

Timing markets is about as successful as playing craps and betting the hot hand.

The expectation that Carnival would be up 4x in a short itme is not going to happen. They can't sail for 100 days out of the US and they are taking the crews home by boat going long ways out of the way because of the issues with ports.
    Bookings are up for next year but we don't know how much of that is because customers are being given 125% credit in lieu of cash refund and are moving this years sales to next year

Short version Carnival is not a 4x quick play in the market.
    This is a good time to buy stock and the younger you are the more risk you can take but if you are buying expecting to flip at 4x in a short period, well good luck but you should have jumped in when the market was at 18k.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast