Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I bought 150 shares of Carnival a couple days ago. That's running at about 15-20% of its normal value. I got those for $8 and over the last 5 years they've consistently been about 50-60. Yesterday a huge group from Saudi Arabia bought like 40m shares and the stock shot up.

I'm trying to buy up as much travel stocks as I can while they're low. These are going to be 3x, possibly 4x or 5x in some cases. A lot of the big airlines and cruise lines saw sizable jumps yesterday and are only going to soar. People are chomping at the bit to get out and we've done well to slow the spread for the most part. The restrictions will be lifted and the economy is going to bounce back.

I also recommend buying Six Flags. It's at 13 now and has averaged 50-60 over the last 5 as well.

Six Flags
    Norwegian
    Royal Caribbean
    Carnival UK

I only wish I had more $ tho

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Just purchased four stocks so far.

BAC, C, MGM and IMMU.

C was just at almost 85 dollars a share a month or two ago and dropped almost half in value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yo did you see Wayfair?

On March 19th you could've got them for 23.52

Today it is 74.52

****ing insane

As one of the lucky ones whose job hasn't been affected and don't need the money for bills I'm going to go out and spend it all when businesses start opening back up.

I'm usually a save, save, save person but in order to get the economy back on track and avoid a great depression we need as many people to go out and start spending money on anything and everything even frivolously

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Take that government cheese and flip it in the stock market. It will take a while but there are some fantastic stocks available for pennies on the dollar. Huge potential payoffs down the line.
    I can't stress this more to anyone at this point that has any sort of dispensable funds. Buy and don't look back.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I bought 150 shares of Carnival a couple days ago. That's running at about 15-20% of its normal value. I got those for $8 and over the last 5 years they've consistently been about 50-60. Yesterday a huge group from Saudi Arabia bought like 40m shares and the stock shot up.

I'm trying to buy up as much travel stocks as I can while they're low. These are going to be 3x, possibly 4x or 5x in some cases. A lot of the big airlines and cruise lines saw sizable jumps yesterday and are only going to soar. People are chomping at the bit to get out and we've done well to slow the spread for the most part. The restrictions will be lifted and the economy is going to bounce back.

I also recommend buying Six Flags. It's at 13 now and has averaged 50-60 over the last 5 as well.

Six Flags
    Norwegian
    Royal Caribbean
    Carnival UK

I only wish I had more $ tho
    Carnival is much better off financially than the RCCL family. (debt to equity)
    If you take a carnival brand cruise you get $100 for 7 day on board spending and $250 for 14 days per state room. Once they return to paying dividends the OBC and dividends make it an exceptional buy for travelers that cruise.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    As one of the lucky ones whose job hasn't been affected and don't need the money for bills I'm going to go out and spend it all when businesses start opening back up.

I'm usually a save, save, save person but in order to get the economy back on track and avoid a great depression we need as many people to go out and start spending money on anything and everything even frivolously
    Agreed, I already have a plan for mine. I also think people are sitting on a lot of cash right now, and that's going to go back in as soon as restrictions start being lifted as well.

Cruise ships? Huh. Dead cat bounce in my opinion. These high overhead, high debt loaded low free cash flow companies will be dead as the younger generation is jaded about crowding onto a floating buffet. This is just my macro trend opinion. You guys might make a killing in cruise stocks on the rebound but I would make my money and get out at some point if it were me.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Cruise ships? Huh. Dead cat bounce in my opinion. These high overhead, high debt loaded low free cash flow companies will be dead as the younger generation is jaded about crowding onto a floating buffet. This is just my macro trend opinion. You guys might make a killing in cruise stocks on the rebound but I would make my money and get out at some point if it were me.
    I was thinking the same. Live Nation stock is one stock that I've been looking at. Should have bought when it dropped to a little over $20 per share though; maybe it'll drop back down near that range.

Carnival's lowest point over the last 5 years was 41 and for a lot of that time it ran between 60 and 70. Today its 12. With Trump the one thing I'm confident in is the market bouncing back. People arent gonna stop going on cruises. Even if theres a downturn in cruisers its probably an easy 300% in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Look at all the kids who thought they were invincible and went on their spring break trips. Cruise ships are going to be just fine. Especially since that generation grew up on their parents taking them on tons of them.

I could absolutely see cruise ships taking a permanent hit from all of this ****. Having said that, I'm sure there's still some money to be made.

I'm really happy with my Carnival buy so far but I am kicking myself for not buying Royal Caribbean. It went from 22 to 45 in the last 2 weeks.

What's the easiest way of buying stocks? It's not something I've ever done or looked into, but w the economy the way it is, right now seems like the time to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    What's the easiest way of buying stocks? It's not something I've ever done or looked into, but w the economy the way it is, right now seems like the time to invest.
    Honestly for simplicity and practicality of what you are looking to do and get feet wet I would say, Robinhood.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I could absolutely see cruise ships taking a permanent hit from all of this ****. Having said that, I'm sure there's still some money to be made.
    Except for this pandemic cruise, lines can always move their ships to areas that are selling. So if the US is in the toilet they can move ships anywhere in the world they can get customers. Hotels can't do that.

They can also lengthen or shorten the cruise so party cruises out of Florida or LA on the weekends for cheap. If they can fill the boat or come close they make their money on beverages, retail, excursions, and all the extras. Newe cruise ships that are being built are changing over to individual fresh air for each cabin and the ability to seal a cabin for quarantine.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast