• Simmons

4 57.14%
  • Other

0 0%
  • Still trade out of the 3 spot

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Simmons or Young

Let's say that come draft day BOTH Simmons and Young are on the board at the #3 spot, who "should" we draft?
    or should we still trade?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Give me the franchise altering pass rusher. Even if these idiots don't know how to use him, Chase will be here longer than they are so the next coaching staff will have at least one elite talent on defense to work with. Unlike the Ngakoue trade rumor either we wouldn't have to give up a pick+$$ to get Chase theoretically. Thus it makes it easier to take him under the assumption that this idiotic scheme will waste year one of him. Chase is also useful in the run game so at the very least he'll have that use in the scheme.

Man, this is tough. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them really.

I ultimately voted for Simmons though based on his versatility and speed. While I do not expect him to play all of the positions like he did in college, I would love to see his speed at the LB position. Only 2 LBs have ever posted a 40 yard dash faster than 4.4 sec. The other one being Shaquem Griffin who is much smaller at 6'0" 227. How big is Simmons? He's 6'4" 238. Built like a LB but MUCH faster.

The link below goes a little more in depth about him and his play.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/...ighlights-film

Simmons. There's no other player like him.

which one wants to be here?

Neither

I think Patricia would "think" he could do more with Simmons.. therefore I think they would draft to feed Matts ego. That being said, I think they could also get fancy and trade out, stupid enough to think they could get "more value" in return. I think Martha forces them to draft a player and thus makes Simmons the pick.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

The slowest and least athletic, so neither of these guys. Need more two down thumpers!!!!

I think we would pick Young. With our current roster makeup, I think we really need an edge rusher. So, why not take the best one (in years they say?). Remember everyone wanting to lose, so we can draft him? I was one of them. Simmons is a freak, but I think we already have Walker in the Safety position he would play and Collins in the LB position he would play? I know people can be moved around, but a pass rusher with Young's talent is a no brainer to me. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by davids209 View Post
    I think we would pick Young. With our current roster makeup, I think we really need an edge rusher. So, why not take the best one (in years they say?). Remember everyone wanting to lose, so we can draft him? I was one of them. Simmons is a freak, but I think we already have Walker in the Safety position he would play and Collins in the LB position he would play? I know people can be moved around, but a pass rusher with Young's talent is a no brainer to me. Thoughts?
    Well we did just spend a lot of money on Flowers who is supposed to be a great edge rusher. He didn't have a great year last year but did anyone on the defense? Not saying that because we have him we shouldn't address the other edge but at the same time, when you have a player like Simmons who is the epitome of jack of all trades. I'm going to take him. Collins is a filler so to make the decision not to pick Simmons because he's here would be ludicrous. Simmons at LB, please

I'd love to see Chase Young tearing it up at Ford Field but while he is a very good pass rusher he doesn't really set the edge and that's what Patricia wants out of his edge guys. If they do draft him it might mean that Patricia has decided to be flexible with his contain assignments and that would be an encouraging sign.

Walker is a Free Safety and Simmons would most likely be playing a Box Safety role when playing Safety so there's not a conflict there. Collins is probably going to playing JACK and SAM but Simmons would almost certainly be playing the weak side when playing linebacker.

Although Young would be great but I would have to take Simmons. He is a Jack of all trades and would be the perfect chess piece for Patricia's defense. I've seen plenty of tape of Simmons since I live in ACC country and he was a Swiss Army knife for Clemson's defense.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

0% chance the Lions would use Simmons right. Dude is fun to watch and I pray for his career he goes to a team that knows what they are doing.

I imagine if the Lions did draft him, Simmons would ideally fit the role of Wilson last year. The hang defender or the guy who lines up everywhere. With the Lions trading for Harmon though I think that role goes to Tracy Walker. Huron as free safety, Walker everywhere, and Will Harris the strong safety. Lions would have to use Simmons closer to the LOS at LB. Seems like a waste of his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I imagine if the Lions did draft him, Simmons would ideally fit the role of Wilson last year. The hang defender or the guy who lines up everywhere. With the Lions trading for Harmon though I think that role goes to Tracy Walker. Huron as free safety, Walker everywhere, and Will Harris the strong safety. Lions would have to use Simmons closer to the LOS at LB. Seems like a waste of his skillset.
    Or they could just bench Harris because he has no business being on the field.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast