Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Iíd fux. That sounds delicious.
    Def hit the spot. Gonna have to make variations of the same more often (stay in place mode or not).

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I made some late night mini pizzas yesterday. English muffins halves toasted with butter on a flat top grill, then after lightly browning the insides, I flipped them over and added some homemade pepper jam, sliced jarlsberg cheese, sliced white cheddar cheese, and sliced peppered salami. Topped with dried chiltepin.

You had me at pepper jam!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    Still don't know what my mom will cook today night!

I made chicken strip parmesan two nights ago, grilled a ribeye with hot BBQ rub yesterday (one of the best things to put on a steak IMO) and have smoked sausage red beans and rice tonight.

I really like being home so I can cook all of these things.

Making some burgers tonight.

Tri-tip, apple, and carrot on a salad with ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles two nights ago. Roasted chicken and a fried egg on some Asian style noodles last night.

Tri-tip, apple, and carrot on a salad with ranch dressing and blue cheese crumbles two nights ago. Roasted chicken and a fried egg on some Asian style noodles last night.
    I've seen some videos from BBQ guys about tri-tip, but it's a west coast thing and nearly impossible for me to get outside of special orders or a butcher shop (which is a day trip for me, so might as well order online) Is it all they hype it up to be?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I've seen some videos from BBQ guys about tri-tip, but it's a west coast thing and nearly impossible for me to get outside of special orders or a butcher shop (which is a day trip for me, so might as well order online) Is it all they hype it up to be?
    It's not anything worth hyping up outside of it being a solid value cut. Plenty of people talk **** about it in Cali.

I'd rather have a good rib eye or New York steak all day. Tri-tip is more ideal for serving a bunch of people cheaply at a BBQ or for numerous days of beef on the cheap side. I did it as is the first day and then sliced up the leftovers to throw on a salad the next day. Works good for sandwiches as well.

What are you cooking tonight?

Very much disagree that Tri-Tip is something cheap you cook up at a BBQ for a bunch of people. A 30-40$ piece by me feeds my family of 4, and my kids are 5 & 8. Iíve never seen them going cheaper at the store than say a NY Strip.

Cooked right, as in a perfect medium rare, tri-tips are absolutely delicious.
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 05-02-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Picked up 8 racks of ribs today, 8 steaks, and 4 pounds of shrimp today so Iím pretty sure Iím alternating ribs/steak dinners for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Very much disagree that Tri-Tip is something cheap you cook up at a BBQ for a bunch of people. A 30-40$ piece by me feeds my family of 4, and my kids are 5 & 8. Iíve never seen them going cheaper at the store than say a NY Strip.

Cooked right, as in a perfect medium rare, tri-tips are absolutely delicious.
    For beef they are absolutely cheap in comparison to getting some good steaks. Though of course good steaks are the exact opposite of cheap. That tri-tip I just had was like $10-12, but it was bought in a pack of 4 or 5 of 'em.

It's not anything worth hyping up outside of it being a solid value cut. Plenty of people talk **** about it in Cali.

I'd rather have a good rib eye or New York steak all day. Tri-tip is more ideal for serving a bunch of people cheaply at a BBQ or for numerous days of beef on the cheap side. I did it as is the first day and then sliced up the leftovers to throw on a salad the next day. Works good for sandwiches as well.
    The ways I've seen those guys do it are as you said about large groups of people- usually a larger cut that is slow-smoked and reverse-seared.

Usually when I do something like that, or something for left-overs, I use top round London Broil style, and reverse seared. They usually have those in the supermarkets here anywhere from 1.5-3.5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

Picked up 8 racks of ribs today, 8 steaks, and 4 pounds of shrimp today so Iím pretty sure Iím alternating ribs/steak dinners for the week.
    Wow, where did you get that haul from?

I've been meaning to try ribs on my Big Green Egg. I normally don't have the time to invest in really doing ribs right out there until now. Any tips?

For beef they are absolutely cheap in comparison to getting some good steaks. Though of course good steaks are the exact opposite of cheap. That tri-tip I just had was like $10-12, but it was bought in a pack of 4 or 5 of 'em.
    They arenít cheap here to the point where itís a choice to serve a large group though was what I was saying. I normally cook pretty often for groups of 15-20, as I have a ton of family (and most of them suck at BBQ) around, and itís usually a brisket, pork shoulder, or just general burgers/brats/sausages.

Occasionally Iíll get a few chuck roasts and smoke that for a few hours, then transfer to a pan with a stout beer, peppers, onion, and garlic. Then when ready mix it up for sandwiches.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast