Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 582
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Actually if I were looking to employ someone and their drivers license werenít updated Iíd question it because itís something that needs to be done. Shows lack of motivation.

    Also those 4 things get you a ticket. Weed can land you in jail is states still. But go ahead this is funny to me.

    Yes being drunk is bad. Didnít say it wasnít. Doing something that can get your arrested and land you in jail compared to something that legally you can do is poor judgement.
    Again, in over half the states, you just get a ticket. In ten states, you're fine. Those 4 things I listed are illegal everywhere.

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Again, in over half the states, you just get a ticket. In ten states, you're fine. Those 4 things I listed are illegal everywhere.
    So if you get a ticket for something it's not illegal? I've never seen someone arrested for speeding, jaywalking, expired license, or playing a game of poker at home.


    So you think you can be a good character person and also do things that land you in jail? Are people who do insider trading good character people? What about black market weapons sales? What's MGJ's moral code of arrestable offenses where you are still a good person and ones that make you a bad person?
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-09-2020 at 09:52 AM.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    And this isn't about Randy Gregory. This is about 2 people in this thread now that have said smoking weed does questionable character. Saying that in and of itself is stupid because both of you now have come back with "Well it's illegal so you're bad if you do it". Talk about a simple minded point of view.

    Randy Gregory shows poor character not because he smokes pot but because he CHOOSES to put pot over his career. That's a very poor decision. Pot is not physically addictive but can be psychologically addictive... But there's probably 0 people in the world that couldn't quit smoking if they really wanted to.

    There's a very big difference between your argument, and the second paragraph.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    So if you get a ticket for something it's not illegal? I've never seen someone arrested for speeding, jaywalking, expired license, or playing a game of poker at home.


    So you think you can be a good character person and also do things that land you in jail? Are people who do insider trading good character people? What about black market weapons sales? What's MGJ's moral code of arrestable offenses where you are still a good person and ones that make you a bad person?
    Don't get it twisted. You made the argument that getting drunk was okay but smoking pot wasn't because one is legal while the other isn't. I merely showed you a list of things that by your own logic, you have to agree show worse character than drinking.

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    And this isn't about Randy Gregory. This is about 2 people in this thread now that have said smoking weed does questionable character. Saying that in and of itself is stupid because both of you now have come back with "Well it's illegal so you're bad if you do it". Talk about a simple minded point of view.

    Randy Gregory shows poor character not because he smokes pot but because he CHOOSES to put pot over his career. That's a very poor decision. Pot is not physically addictive but can be psychologically addictive... But there's probably 0 people in the world that couldn't quit smoking if they really wanted to.

    There's a very big difference between your argument, and the second paragraph.
    We're talking in context of an NFL player so I assumed most would understand it's in relation to how it effects an NFL player from a team evaluation standpoint.

    The second paragraph is our argument in the context of what was being talked about.

    For an NFL player, smoking weed is a character flaw because he chooses to do something that is illegal that's affecting his career. And if you really followed I think you would realize that, especially in my response about addiction doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Don't get it twisted. You made the argument that getting drunk was okay but smoking pot wasn't because one is legal while the other isn't. I merely showed you a list of things that by your own logic, you have to agree show worse character than drinking.
    For an NFL player yes getting drunk is ok and smoking pot isn't. Why would I talk about in general in a conversation about NFL players.

    My in general is don't do either. I don't give two ***** if pot is legal or not. I was addicted to pain killers at one time and coming off of that made me realize how anything not natural for your body has some major adverse effects on someone. So make it legal or keep it illegal, do it or don't do it, who gives a ****. But there are side effects to it that can hurt you. There's no drug or substance like that which has no side effects. I've made the choice to live a clean and sober life, and I tell you want, I feel better than anything those pain killers made me feel.

    And FWIW, my opinion leans towards legalize it just to lessen the burden on our penal system. Yes medically weed does some great things, but there's still bad things that come from it. Do I think someone should go to jail for carrying an ounce? Of course not. Direct from a medical research journal (article written in 2014):
    Temporal associations between marijuana use and serious adverse events, including myocardial infarction, sudden cardiac death, cardiomyopathy, stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cannabis arteritis have been described. In conclusion, the potential for increased use of marijuana in the changing legal landscape suggests the need for the community to intensify research regarding the safety of marijuana use and for cardiologists to maintain an awareness of the potential for adverse effects.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,823
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We're talking in context of an NFL player so I assumed most would understand it's in relation to how it effects an NFL player from a team evaluation standpoint.

    The second paragraph is our argument in the context of what was being talked about.

    For an NFL player, smoking weed is a character flaw because he chooses to do something that is illegal that's affecting his career. And if you really followed I think you would realize that, especially in my response about addiction doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.
    This.

    Again, I don't care if you smoke weed. I care if it prevents you in a manner that you choose to smoke rather than be employable. I also care if you choose to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and put others at risk.

    Smoking weed in and of itself doesn't make you a bad person. Literally nobody has said that.

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,823
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    BDawk already made his stupid views known. It's a shame that two people feel the same way
    stupid view = doesn't match my own lol

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We're talking in context of an NFL player so I assumed most would understand it's in relation to how it effects an NFL player from a team evaluation standpoint.

    The second paragraph is our argument in the context of what was being talked about.

    For an NFL player, smoking weed is a character flaw because he chooses to do something that is illegal that's affecting his career. And if you really followed I think you would realize that, especially in my response about addiction doesn't necessarily make you a bad person.
    There's a pretty big difference between context, and what you actually said. You straight up said that smoking weed shows poor character because it's illegal whereas drinking didn't show poor character because it wasn't illegal. That's why I responded the way that I did.

    Your comment was so black and white that I had to respond to it. Because using the following example, player a would show poor character in your opinion, but player b wouldn't.

    Player A: Smokes pot at night to relax after watching tape or studying the playbook.

    Player B: Goes to the bar after practice and gets drunk.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    stupid view = doesn't match my own lol
    Yeah you're right. I shouldn't have said that because you already clarified your view. My bad BDawk! Truly I am sorry for lumping you in with that comment because we had this discussion already and it was cleared up.

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,301

    Aldon Smith is back. Signs with Dallas

    I am a man that used to love smoking weed, however I do not smoke it and havenít smoked it in years because I have a really good job and I have a family to support. If I get randomly drug tested as I have before and weed is in my system, I would likely be fired. Weed isnít my priority, my family is so I decide to stay away from it.

    That being said, I do have a side business as a second income that is starting to make me good money to the point that I might quit my day time job at some point and work that side business (and other streams of income) full time. If I come to that point, I will likely start smoking weed again, not gonna lie.lol..

    Your baby can't do this

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between context, and what you actually said. You straight up said that smoking weed shows poor character because it's illegal whereas drinking didn't show poor character because it wasn't illegal. That's why I responded the way that I did.

    Your comment was so black and white that I had to respond to it. Because using the following example, player a would show poor character in your opinion, but player b wouldn't.

    Player A: Smokes pot at night to relax after watching tape or studying the playbook.

    Player B: Goes to the bar after practice and gets drunk.
    Sorry Iím on and NFL board and assumed it would be seen within the context of talking about NFL players.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This.

    Again, I don't care if you smoke weed. I care if it prevents you in a manner that you choose to smoke rather than be employable. I also care if you choose to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and put others at risk.

    Smoking weed in and of itself doesn't make you a bad person. Literally nobody has said that.
    That's how I feel. Again, I just take issue with the all black or all white view of it. If the player isn't already in the drug program, I believe there's only like a month period during the year that they are tested for weed. So that ends up being about 2 months out of the year that you can't smoke pot (1 month to get clean, and then the testing month). That leaves 10 other months during the year that they can smoke all they want. If you can't follow something that simple for the opportunity to play in the NFL, then that's on you. I don't give a single **** if you smoke during the times you can't be tested or in the off-season.

    I'd bet my life savings that the number of players who smoke pot is astronomically higher than the number who get popped for it (Didn't an NFL player come out a couple years ago and say he would guess about 70% of the players smoke pot?). That leads me to believe that the players that to get busted, just don't give a ****.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sorry Iím on and NFL board and assumed it would be seen within the context of talking about NFL players.
    Again, even in the context of NFL players, it was a blanket statement that can easily be argued. Look no further than the example I provided.

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    58,644
    And just like the weed stuff needs some context so does some of your examples no?

    Speeding 10 mph over not bad. Doing 100+ in a 45 is a tell of character as you argued about a year ago on the case of AB.

    J-Walking by 3-4 feet of a crosswalk isnít bad. Running across a 4 lane highway is likely a tell of character.

    Innocent poker night with the buddies ok. Running a gambling operation out your basement likely calls character into question.

    Missed license renewal by a day or two isnít too bad. Driving on a license thatís been expired wrong state for 2+ years calls some things into question.

    One missed test for something illegal isnít a referendum on a players career. Multiple failed tests for something thatís illegal and multiple suspensions for it as well? Thatís a tell on someoneís character.

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •