Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Before surf goes full surf, letís be sure this is out there...

Itís possible Aldon Smith could still be a good nfl player. I realize nobody has suggested otherwise, but here we are.
    Noted

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Our point is doing something illegal shows questionable judgement. This isn't a should or shouldn't weed be illegal. Its should or shouldn't you do something illegal.
    So literally every person in the world has questionable judgement? Got it.

Because one is still illegal in many places and the other isn't.
    Things that War thinks is worse judgement than getting drunk:

Speeding
    Jaywalking
    Playing poker at home for money with the guys
    Failing to update your driver's license when you move

Unbelievable logic if I'm being honest

And weed is at a minimum, decriminalized in over half the states. So spare me the "It's worse than speeding" argument because in over half the country if you're caught with weed, you pay a fine at the most. Just like you'd do if you were caught speeding or jaywalking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    So literally every person in the world has questionable judgement? Got it.
    Thatís not what I said.

Aldon Smith is back. Signs with Dallas

Things that War thinks is worse judgement than getting drunk:

Speeding
    Jaywalking
    Playing poker at home for money with the guys
    Failing to update your driver's license when you move

Unbelievable logic if I'm being honest
    Actually if I were looking to employ someone and their drivers license werenít updated Iíd question it because itís something that needs to be done. Shows lack of motivation.

Also those 4 things get you a ticket. Weed can land you in jail is states still. But go ahead this is funny to me.

Yes being drunk is bad. Didnít say it wasnít. Doing something that can get your arrested and land you in jail compared to something that legally you can do is poor judgement.
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-09-2020 at 06:47 AM.

And weed is at a minimum, decriminalized in over half the states. So spare me the "It's worse than speeding" argument because in over half the country if you're caught with weed, you pay a fine at the most. Just like you'd do if you were caught speeding or jaywalking, etc.
    Itís a ****ing joke that you added this to my argument. He did something that, that at the time, was still illegal and still could get you kicked out of the league. If you donít think that shows a character concern without having to be absurd about a response then oh well.

Also amazing how you single out me when BDawk has the exact same response.

Itís a ****ing joke that you added this to my argument. He did something that, that at the time, was still illegal and still could get you kicked out of the league. If you donít think that shows a character concern without having to be absurd about a response then oh well.

Itís not you against every other poster here.
    You should not be singled out. You have a partner.

So doing something that could potentially land you in jail isn't something that reflects on someone's character?

I guess Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, and Greg Hardy are just swell guys you would want to hang out with then huh?

So doing something that could potentially land you in jail isn't something that reflects on someone's character?

I guess Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, and Greg Hardy are just swell guys you would want to hang out with then huh?
    I think addiction is a disease. In the case of Randy Gregory heís obviously addicted.
    Donít think disease equals poor character.

I c wut u did

Come on admit it you'd hang out with Ben at the drop of a hat
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I think addiction is a disease. In the case of Randy Gregory heís obviously addicted.
    I think being under the influence and risking peopleís safety equal poor character whether it be drugs or alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I wouldn't put a blanket answer like that on it. I think in Randy Gregory's case it could be. Back when he was drafted, I remember Steelers fans salivating over him, and I didn't want him at all. The rumors of him smoking weed, skipping classes, skipping practices were heavy.

There's a drug test at the combine, and front offices call it a "stupidity test". Basically you know when the test is, you know it's coming, you know how it's conducted. Randy Gregory had to give it 50-60 days without smoking. When it's an addiction I know that's much easier said than done, but it's not like this was a surprise test he got popped for.

Players say the same thing for the month long offseason testing window. It's a "stupidity" test if you aren't in the program. You stop about 2-3 months before the test, get tested, start smoking again if you want to.

The other part that's the problem for me:
    Mar 2015 tests positive at combine
    Feb 2016, suspended 4 games for positive test
    Sept. 29th 2016, suspended 10 games, Sept 2016 enters rehab.
    Jan. 5th 2017, suspended 1 year, Summer 2017 enters rehab.
    Feb. 2019, suspended indefinitely, Summer 2019 enters rehab.

I mean...I feel for the guy, and good for the Cowboys for standing by him, but there does hit a point where you just need to move on. I feel like with Randy Gregory the statement of the definition of insanity applies. He kept on getting caught and entering rehab, backsliding into getting caught again.

So here's where the poor character aspect can come into play:
    Is he backsliding because he's not getting the people out of his life that are allowing him to do so? Because if he is, it shows poor decision making IMO that he knows he can't do that and play, but won't take the the steps to move on. I got a family member that is active in his AA group. The area he's in is small and they cross over with NA at times to have enough people. A big thing they talk about is when you go to rehab for anything, when you come out you got to eliminate the people around you that will pull you back to hold habits. I remember this family member breaking his lease (with family help) when he went into rehab, leaving us to sell everything in his apartment. When he was done (12 weeks) he went to a whole new apartment in a different town (on a farm so no where near a bar too) and didn't have a car. Didn't tell any friends that he left rehab. So it made it easy to remove himself from the former situation and keep himself on track.

I got a feeling there is someone in Randy Gregory's life that enables this behavior and he isn't getting that person out of his life. And that's where the character concern comes in. If he's willing to throw away an NFL career over this person, what else can end up happening. What if that same person that enables him to smoke weed brings him cocaine? Meth? Heroine? Does he have the power to tell that person no?

And I know there's no real answer to that. We don't know. Maybe it's been offered and he said no. Maybe it's never been offered. We don't know.

And as a fan, I've been there before with Martavius Bryant. He was on and off suspended so much. But where Steelers hit their breaking point is when he was suspended for the year, went to rehab, complained that the team didn't support him because no one visited (CBA said you can't), then right before we traded him it was reported he tested positive again. Steelers did the same thing with Santonio Holmes too. He had a positive test in his past, went to rehab, and tested positive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    I c wut u did

Come on admit it you'd hang out with Ben at the drop of a hat
    I've met him before and he's an ******* so no. lol.

BDawk already made his stupid views known. It's a shame that two people feel the same way

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast