Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Hell look at KC with their plethora of woman beaters.
    Well the cowboys do take chances. They like to buy low. But just because every few years they give someone a second chance doesnít really affect the numbers on a 50 plus locker room.
    Perceptions are not always reality. It may feel like it rains every weekend sometimes but I can assure you it doesnít.
    These things are cyclical. What about all the Tom Landry teams? Were they horrible too?

Nobody is saying Eagles players are angels.

But the team does have a higher standard when it comes to their players. Take Daryl Worley, for example, who was released after an DUI arrest, and went on to have two solid/good years with the Raiders. Or when Janoris Jenkins was released last year and used the r-word on twitter, Jeffrey Lurie made it clear right away that the Eagles won't be interested. (His brother has autism.) You think the Eagles couldn't have used a CB? Or take Nigel Bradham, who was released in part because he didn't show up to a game last year and didn't contact the team. Or Kamu Grugier-Hill, who didn't report a concussion last year and played through it. He signed a very cheap deal with the Dolphins that I'm sure the Eagles would have matched given the dearth at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Well the cowboys do take chances. They like to buy low. But just because every few years they give someone a second chance doesnít really affect the numbers on a 50 plus locker room.
    Perceptions are not always reality. It may feel like it rains every weekend sometimes but I can assure you it doesnít.
    These things are cyclical. What about all the Tom Landry teams? Were they horrible too?
    Iíve already said, and agreed, they are cyclical. I donít think the cowboys are the worst ever, I think over the last 10 years theyíve been one of the worst. Taking chances is one thing, I wasnít a fan of signing Vick but at least he was reformed when that happened. He didnít continue his acts, as more recent guys from Dallas have.

But again, look at kc, it got them a ring, thatís all that matters in the end to most.

Iím a cubs fan, it sickens me that we signed Chapman and continued to employ Addison Russell. The difference is I openly admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Nobody is saying Eagles players are angels.

But the team does have a higher standard when it comes to their players. Take Daryl Worley, for example, who was released after an DUI arrest, and went on to have two solid/good years with the Raiders. Or when Janoris Jenkins was released last year and used the r-word on twitter, Jeffrey Lurie made it clear right away that the Eagles won't be interested. (His brother has autism.) You think the Eagles couldn't have used a CB? Or take Nigel Bradham, who was released in part because he didn't show up to a game last year and didn't contact the team. Or Kamu Grugier-Hill, who didn't report a concussion last year and played through it. He signed a very cheap deal with the Dolphins that I'm sure the Eagles would have matched given the dearth at LB.
    These players that were talking about make a minuscule fraction of the team. Enough to shift your perceptions but not really enough to shift the math.
    Iím curious though, donít we live in a society where we give second chances?

Nigel Bradham was a minuscule fraction of the team?

Also with Aldon Smith we're not talking second chance.

As soon as you figure out what bearing Dallas taking chances on past players has on Smith please let me know. Itís all just trying to squirm your way out of making a false claim that this present roster is a issue for Smith . But Iím not gonna allow it . Dallas has taken such a precedent on drafting and signing high character guys itís actually bit them in the *** a few times. High character was put above talent in some cases during the Garret era . Randy Gregory was never a lockeroom issue or someone who would hinder another players comeback . Just to suggest that is moronic but thereís not much you can say when your foot is in your mouth and my foot is in your *** . Iíve demolished all this nonsense. Time to accept that Smiths fate is in his hands . Not Dez Bryant or Randy Gregory .

Iíve already said, and agreed, they are cyclical. I donít think the cowboys are the worst ever, I think over the last 10 years theyíve been one of the worst. Taking chances is one thing, I wasnít a fan of signing Vick but at least he was reformed when that happened. He didnít continue his acts, as more recent guys from Dallas have.

But again, look at kc, it got them a ring, thatís all that matters in the end to most.

Iím a cubs fan, it sickens me that we signed Chapman and continued to employ Addison Russell. The difference is I openly admit it.
    I understand I might be in the minority but I donít care about athletes personal lives. Yes I prefer them to be honourable but in the end there just people with extreme physical talents.
    There not role models or possess better morals then you and me.
    There is so much literature I enjoy by authors I discovered were horrible. Paintings from painters that were jailed etc...
    Most teams are similar even though our perceptions may fool us.

Nigel Bradham was a minuscule fraction of the team?

Also with Aldon Smith we're not talking second chance.
    If it was Wentz instead of Bradham would it of made a difference?

These players that were talking about make a minuscule fraction of the team. Enough to shift your perceptions but not really enough to shift the math.
    Iím curious though, donít we live in a society where we give second chances?
    2nd? Lol

I understand I might be in the minority but I donít care about athletes personal lives. Yes I prefer them to be honourable but in the end there just people with extreme physical talents.
    There is so much literature I enjoy by authors I discovered were horrible. Paintings from painters that were jailed etc...
    Iím not much for women beaters period.

If it was Wentz instead of Bradham would it of made a difference?
    If the starting QB simply doesn't show up to a game unexcused it's probably worse than when a LB does it.

These are people we root for, so I would prefer if they were decent people. Take for example the Brandon Graham strip sack in the Super Bowl; if a domestic abuser signed just before the season did that, it wouldn't sit right with me. Brandon Graham is a great person though, who has been through adversity in his career, so that makes it that much better.

The Tenant by Roman Polanski is one of my favorite movies, but I usually don't say that because he's a child rapist. If someone I don't know very well asked me about my favorite movies, I wouldn't mention it.

If the starting QB simply doesn't show up to a game unexcused it's probably worse than when a LB does it.

These are people we root for, so I would prefer if they were decent people. Take for example the Brandon Graham strip sack in the Super Bowl; if a domestic abuser signed just before the season did that, it wouldn't sit right with me. Brandon Graham is a great person though, who has been through adversity in his career, so that makes it that much better.

The Tenant by Roman Polanski is one of my favorite movies, but I usually don't say that because he's a child rapist. If someone I don't know very well asked me about my favorite movies, I wouldn't mention it.
    Chapman in the WS. Hated cheering for him.

By the way, the Michael Vick signing didn't bother me much because I don't think what he did is worse than industrial animal slaughtering, which is part of the daily life of most of the people who criticized him. Also he served a prison sentence for it. I mean, usually the prison system makes people more criminal or even crazy, but it's still a big difference talking about second chances there. Aldon Smith has been suspended for years and yet he can't stay out of trouble.

Chapman in the WS. Hated cheering for him.
    Weíre all in the same boat relatively speaking. To believe otherwise is just silly.
    We are all inevitably going to cheer or have unknowingly cheered for someone who is morally inferior to us.

Weíre all in the same boat relatively speaking. To believe otherwise is just silly.
    We are all inevitably going to cheer or have unknowingly cheered for someone who is morally inferior to us.
    I don't judge their morality relative to me. It's not their decision whether they play in the NFL. I judge the organization that signs them and conclude whether I should bother supporting it.

There were plenty of Eagles fans who wanted the team to sign AB. I'm glad that didn't happen. That doesn't mean I think AB is "morally inferior". He deserves professional help if he wants it.

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast