Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm not complaining. I've said if Wentz is a franchise QB he has to make do with what we got. Certainly the injuries didn't help. But I wanted the Eagles to draft a LB in the 1st round.
    I can understand wanting to add a high pick right in the middle of your defense. Thatís how I felt the year the Cowboys took LVE. He actually was not the LB I wanted but I also wanted my team to take a LB, so I can understand all that.

Iím just dumbfounded as to why the Eagles donít put more resources into getting Wentz some weapons. Trust me, as a Cowboys fan Iím glad they havenít but as an overall football fan it blows my mind that they wonít get him more help. If he is the ďalmost MVPĒ elite franchise QB they think he is you would think they would make some moves to get some dynamic players around him.

And for what itís worth I actually think Jalen Reagor is going to be pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I can understand wanting to add a high pick right in the middle of your defense. Thatís how I felt the year the Cowboys took LVE. He actually was not the LB I wanted but I also wanted my team to take a LB, so I can understand all that.

Iím just dumbfounded as to why the Eagles donít put more resources into getting Wentz some weapons. Trust me, as a Cowboys fan Iím glad they havenít but as an overall football fan it blows my mind that they wonít get him more help. If he is the ďalmost MVPĒ elite franchise QB they think he is you would think they would make some moves to get some dynamic players around him.

And for what itís worth I actually think Jalen Reagor is going to be pretty good.

honestly, no.

how many superbowls were won because a QB went off because of amazing weapons? those teams usually crumble at some point in the playoffs.

meanwhile teams with elite defenses and a good QB that can manage a game tend to end up winning.

look at seattle vs denver, denver having the greatest offense ever and just got crushed, then two years later denver retooled and had a top defense and won because they could hold carolina to 10 points.

I will always think it's wiser to invest fully in defense and oline and making sure you have a good QB that can handle a game without needing top weapons. that seems to be the winning strategy of the decade.
    Last edited by basch152; 05-29-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Heís proven he doesnt have to have elite receivers.

The Eagles put a lot of resources into receiver though. A 1st round pick this year, and a 2nd last year. Plus another 2nd rounder for a RB who ended up the 3rd receiver in 2019. A 2nd on a TE in 2018. Then we got Alshon, DeSean, and Zach as 3 of the 5 highest cap hits on the Eagles this year. Ertz certainly deserves it, but the others based on 2019 do not.

It'll be interesting to see who of those 3 will be gone in 2021. Ertz is the least likely but a trade could happen.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-29-2020 at 08:03 AM.

The Eagles put a lot of resources into receiver though. A 1st round pick this year, and a 2nd last year. Plus another 2nd rounder for a RB who ended up the 3rd receiver in 2019. A 2nd on a TE in 2018. Then we got Alshon, DeSean, and Zach as 3 of the 5 highest cap hits on the Eagles this year. Ertz certainly deserves it, but the others based on 2019 do not.

It'll be interesting to see who of those 3 will be gone in 2021. Ertz is the least likely but a trade could happen.
    Is Alshon a candidate to start the season on the PUP again? I can see a situation where they place him on PUP, if the WR's do well maybe slide him to the IR if he's not perfectly healthy then cut him in the 2021 offseason. But if the WR's struggle, bring him back and see what happens.

Although I made the comment after the draft, I think DeSean is the one that needs to be looking over his shoulder. They got a couple of guys who can stretch the field like he does.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Is Alshon a candidate to start the season on the PUP again? I can see a situation where they place him on PUP, if the WR's do well maybe slide him to the IR if he's not perfectly healthy then cut him in the 2021 offseason. But if the WR's struggle, bring him back and see what happens.

Although I made the comment after the draft, I think DeSean is the one that needs to be looking over his shoulder. They got a couple of guys who can stretch the field like he does.
    Jalen Mills, who was much younger than alshon is now, had the same injury that alshon got and Mills missed almost exactly a year from the time the surgery took place. Alshon had surgery in late December so I think heís a good candidate for the PUP but we will know more closer to the start of the year how heís doing, itís possible that the severity isnít as bad as Mills was. They say alshon will miss 9 months and be ready for the start of the year but thatís what they said for Mills too so who knows.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    honestly, no.

how many superbowls were won because a QB went off because of amazing weapons? those teams usually crumble at some point in the playoffs.

meanwhile teams with elite defenses and a good QB that can manage a game tend to end up winning.

look at seattle vs denver, denver having the greatest offense ever and just got crushed, then two years later denver retooled and had a top defense and won because they could hold carolina to 10 points.

I will always think it's wiser to invest fully in defense and oline and making sure you have a good QB that can handle a game without needing top weapons. that seems to be the winning strategy of the decade.
    I agree 100% on how a team should be built. They should be built from the inside/out, thatís on offense and defense, and you need a great defense. But you also have to have guys that can consistently make plays. You asked what teams have won a Super Bowl because they had amazing weapons... most of the Super Bowl winning teams had amazing weapons. Joe Montanaís team was loaded, Troy Aikmanís team was loaded, ever hear of the Greatest Show on Turf? Most super bowl teams are loaded with amazing weapons.

I agree 100% on how a team should be built. They should be built from the inside/out, thatís on offense and defense, and you need a great defense. But you also have to have guys that can consistently make plays. You asked what teams have won a Super Bowl because they had amazing weapons... most of the Super Bowl winning teams had amazing weapons. Joe Montanaís team was loaded, Troy Aikmanís team was loaded, ever hear of the Greatest Show on Turf? Most super bowl teams are loaded with amazing weapons.
    You're aware that Montana and the Cowboys won before the salary cap and free agency, right? Dallas won one afterward by manipulating the new rules to land Deion Sanders. The Greatest Show on Turf is literally the last team to win a Super Bowl while absolutely loaded with talent offensively, and even they had Warner playing for peanuts that year. I guess an argument could be made that the 2006 Colts were offense-heavy but not to the same extent, and Peyton failed many times with his great offense in the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying you can't win a Super Bowl with a great offense, but you certainly can't win one with a bad defense, and the former comes at the expense of the latter in a world with salary cap and free agency.

in the last 10 years teams loaded with offensive weapons have consistantly lost out to great defenses

You're aware that Montana and the Cowboys won before the salary cap and free agency, right? Dallas won one afterward by manipulating the new rules to land Deion Sanders. The Greatest Show on Turf is literally the last team to win a Super Bowl while absolutely loaded with talent offensively, and even they had Warner playing for peanuts that year. I guess an argument could be made that the 2006 Colts were offense-heavy but not to the same extent, and Peyton failed many times with his great offense in the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying you can't win a Super Bowl with a great offense, but you certainly can't win one with a bad defense, and the former comes at the expense of the latter in a world with salary cap and free agency.
    Like I said, I agree that you must have a good defense. Offense alone wonít get it done. I was just saying that as a fan of the sport and as a fan of competition it would have been nice to see the Eagles get Wentz more weapons. Maybe he wouldnít feel the need to run as much and put himself in danger if he had multiple guys on the field with him that can consistently make plays. Sanders and Reagor are a good start though.

in the last 10 years teams loaded with offensive weapons have consistantly lost out to great defenses
    I never said you donít need a good defense.

I never said you donít need a good defense.

I never said you did, I'm just saying building up offensive weapons seems to be the least important thing towards winning championships.

obviously if you have room to do so, do it, but they just tend to not go nearly as far as having other units that are loaded

It is insane that they didn't surround McNabb with talent for most of his career(other than TO) and wasted many seasons of very good teams and then might do the same thing with Wentz.

honestly, no.

That is true more often than not. But then again, look at the season the Eagles won. Brady had 500+ yards in the superbowl and the Eagles still won.

Dallas will definitely need a top 10 defense to compete in the NFC . Maybe not the division but certainly anything beyond that . Thatís my opinion anyway . Unless MM can change the dynamic of the offense or get more efficiency from the running game and more consistency from the QB . So since I canít really depend on that Iím trying to figure out who this defense is . Hard to tell . Great group of coaches . Iím very interested to see what Tamosulu and that D backs coach from college ?? Linquist ? Bring to the table .

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast