Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 699
  1. #661
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14,001
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Officials report from the Steelers game pointed to 3 missed clear path holding calls on Howard that would have been sacks for TJ Watt who has 3.5 on the season with one of the highest double team rates in the NFL.
    I'm still so mad at the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt. That was the dumbest pick of all time.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    One of the worst OL's in the NFL
    Sacks donít come with an asterisk though. 4 sacks on the season is not bad for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'm still so mad at the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt. That was the dumbest pick of all time.
    That was all Marinelli right there. He didnít believe Watt fit his system. Thatís part of why MM said he doesnít believe in system over players. You build the system around the players and not the other way around.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'm still so mad at the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt. That was the dumbest pick of all time.
    LOL. I feel like all I got to do is name drop TJ and you get all riled up.

    As for why I posted this --- Single game sack spikes mean very little. Anyone remember Claybornes 'big' year for ATL and it turns out like 75% of his sacks came against 1 LT in division he faced twice? Basically....just because Smith had a big game against an old (35) oft injured LT getting no help at all because the RT is worse doesn't mean he's going to keep that up all year.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Sacks donít come with an asterisk though. 4 sacks on the season is not bad for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They don't come with an asterisk but they do come with context. Dupree had 11.5 sacks last year with 6 coming unblocked. Does that make him a great pass rusher?

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They don't come with an asterisk but they do come with context. Dupree had 11.5 sacks last year with 6 coming unblocked. Does that make him a great pass rusher?
    Even context eventually fades away eventually in a conversation like this. DeMarcus Ware was a great sack artist for Dallas but people forget that not many of his sacks came at important parts of the game. Does that make NOT a great pass rusher? Also the comeback player of the year award doesnít really factor in context either. If at the end of the year he ends up with 10+ sacks theyíre only going to look at the total number of sacks. And again, for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years thatís pretty freaking awesome regardless of context.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Even context eventually fades away eventually in a conversation like this. DeMarcus Ware was a great sack artist for Dallas but people forget that not many of his sacks came at important parts of the game. Does that make NOT a great pass rusher? Also the comeback player of the year award doesnít really factor in context either. If at the end of the year he ends up with 10+ sacks theyíre only going to look at the total number of sacks. And again, for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years thatís pretty freaking awesome regardless of context.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Uhhhhh.....there's people still saying if Alex Smith plays a single snap he should get it. Yes context matters.

    Also right now there's a certain #7 that CPOY is likely going to unless things implode.

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,243
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    3 sacks yesterday. This thread is awfully quiet 🤔
    That's probably because non-Eagles/Cowboys fans couldn't care less and the NFCE has its own thread for some reason, while we for some crazy *** reason can't have a "random NFL in-season" thread anymore.

    If literally anyone but DAL/PHI signed him, this thread would have 7 comments, all of which say something like: "hmm. Could be a good signing if he's still got anything left in him. But he does have baggage."

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,419
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's probably because non-Eagles/Cowboys fans couldn't care less and the NFCE has its own thread for some reason, while we for some crazy *** reason can't have a "random NFL in-season" thread anymore.
    Mod comment on this:
    We let the NFCE have it's own thread to try to keep commentary there, but a majority of posters are Cowboys/Eagles fans so hence why it's more wide spread.

    The "Random NFL in-season news" thread was shut down because people were posting some pretty big news and trades in there without creating its own thread. If we want to have more fans of other teams come in here, having threads with titles of the news or players traded pop up in google searches, which could bring potential new posters in. We have an injuries thread for this year to post some minor ones in, but we should be making some threads for more major injuries like the Courtland Sutton one should have been its own thread.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,330
    Aldon Smith has exceeded my expectations for sure

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    88,253
    When a guy gets a sack because he disrupts the line and goes and gets it, I'm all for it.

    When a guy gets a sack because a QB gets himself sacked, meh, not as impressed.

    Aldo has been, fine.

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Uhhhhh.....there's people still saying if Alex Smith plays a single snap he should get it. Yes context matters.

    Also right now there's a certain #7 that CPOY is likely going to unless things implode.
    Alex Smith absolutely is a top contender for the award. I donít see Ben winning the award. Heíll get some votes but what heís doing is not more impressive than what Aldon Smith or Alex Smith are doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's probably because non-Eagles/Cowboys fans couldn't care less and the NFCE has its own thread for some reason, while we for some crazy *** reason can't have a "random NFL in-season" thread anymore.

    If literally anyone but DAL/PHI signed him, this thread would have 7 comments, all of which say something like: "hmm. Could be a good signing if he's still got anything left in him. But he does have baggage."
    If there were no Cowboys or Eagles fans on this board there would be about 3 posters talking to themselves. Lol

    Cowboys/Eagles just have a lot more fans on this board so itís easy to see why we would get our own topic so weíre not flooding the main board with Dak vs Wentz threads.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    When a guy gets a sack because he disrupts the line and goes and gets it, I'm all for it.

    When a guy gets a sack because a QB gets himself sacked, meh, not as impressed.

    Aldo has been, fine.
    Oh heís been a bit better then fine. Lol

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    60,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Alex Smith absolutely is a top contender for the award. I donít see Ben winning the award. Heíll get some votes but what heís doing is not more impressive than what Aldon Smith or Alex Smith are doing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bens stats relative are impressive. Plus an offense going from top 10 to bottom 5 back to fringe top 10 isnít enough to win the award?

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •