Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Officials report from the Steelers game pointed to 3 missed clear path holding calls on Howard that would have been sacks for TJ Watt who has 3.5 on the season with one of the highest double team rates in the NFL.
    I'm still so mad at the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt. That was the dumbest pick of all time.

One of the worst OL's in the NFL
    Sacks donít come with an asterisk though. 4 sacks on the season is not bad for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I'm still so mad at the Cowboys for taking Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt. That was the dumbest pick of all time.
    That was all Marinelli right there. He didnít believe Watt fit his system. Thatís part of why MM said he doesnít believe in system over players. You build the system around the players and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    LOL. I feel like all I got to do is name drop TJ and you get all riled up.

As for why I posted this --- Single game sack spikes mean very little. Anyone remember Claybornes 'big' year for ATL and it turns out like 75% of his sacks came against 1 LT in division he faced twice? Basically....just because Smith had a big game against an old (35) oft injured LT getting no help at all because the RT is worse doesn't mean he's going to keep that up all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Sacks donít come with an asterisk though. 4 sacks on the season is not bad for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years.

They don't come with an asterisk but they do come with context. Dupree had 11.5 sacks last year with 6 coming unblocked. Does that make him a great pass rusher?

They don't come with an asterisk but they do come with context. Dupree had 11.5 sacks last year with 6 coming unblocked. Does that make him a great pass rusher?
    Even context eventually fades away eventually in a conversation like this. DeMarcus Ware was a great sack artist for Dallas but people forget that not many of his sacks came at important parts of the game. Does that make NOT a great pass rusher? Also the comeback player of the year award doesnít really factor in context either. If at the end of the year he ends up with 10+ sacks theyíre only going to look at the total number of sacks. And again, for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years thatís pretty freaking awesome regardless of context.

Even context eventually fades away eventually in a conversation like this. DeMarcus Ware was a great sack artist for Dallas but people forget that not many of his sacks came at important parts of the game. Does that make NOT a great pass rusher? Also the comeback player of the year award doesnít really factor in context either. If at the end of the year he ends up with 10+ sacks theyíre only going to look at the total number of sacks. And again, for a guy that hasnít played in 5 years thatís pretty freaking awesome regardless of context.

Uhhhhh.....there's people still saying if Alex Smith plays a single snap he should get it. Yes context matters.

Also right now there's a certain #7 that CPOY is likely going to unless things implode.

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    3 sacks yesterday. This thread is awfully quiet 🤔
    That's probably because non-Eagles/Cowboys fans couldn't care less and the NFCE has its own thread for some reason, while we for some crazy *** reason can't have a "random NFL in-season" thread anymore.

If literally anyone but DAL/PHI signed him, this thread would have 7 comments, all of which say something like: "hmm. Could be a good signing if he's still got anything left in him. But he does have baggage."

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's probably because non-Eagles/Cowboys fans couldn't care less and the NFCE has its own thread for some reason, while we for some crazy *** reason can't have a "random NFL in-season" thread anymore.
    Mod comment on this:
    We let the NFCE have it's own thread to try to keep commentary there, but a majority of posters are Cowboys/Eagles fans so hence why it's more wide spread.

The "Random NFL in-season news" thread was shut down because people were posting some pretty big news and trades in there without creating its own thread. If we want to have more fans of other teams come in here, having threads with titles of the news or players traded pop up in google searches, which could bring potential new posters in. We have an injuries thread for this year to post some minor ones in, but we should be making some threads for more major injuries like the Courtland Sutton one should have been its own thread.

Aldon Smith has exceeded my expectations for sure

When a guy gets a sack because he disrupts the line and goes and gets it, I'm all for it.

When a guy gets a sack because a QB gets himself sacked, meh, not as impressed.

Aldo has been, fine.

Uhhhhh.....there's people still saying if Alex Smith plays a single snap he should get it. Yes context matters.

Also right now there's a certain #7 that CPOY is likely going to unless things implode.
    Alex Smith absolutely is a top contender for the award. I donít see Ben winning the award. Heíll get some votes but what heís doing is not more impressive than what Aldon Smith or Alex Smith are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

If literally anyone but DAL/PHI signed him, this thread would have 7 comments, all of which say something like: "hmm. Could be a good signing if he's still got anything left in him. But he does have baggage."
    If there were no Cowboys or Eagles fans on this board there would be about 3 posters talking to themselves. Lol

Cowboys/Eagles just have a lot more fans on this board so itís easy to see why we would get our own topic so weíre not flooding the main board with Dak vs Wentz threads.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    When a guy gets a sack because he disrupts the line and goes and gets it, I'm all for it.

When a guy gets a sack because a QB gets himself sacked, meh, not as impressed.

Aldo has been, fine.
    Oh heís been a bit better then fine. Lol

Alex Smith absolutely is a top contender for the award. I donít see Ben winning the award. Heíll get some votes but what heís doing is not more impressive than what Aldon Smith or Alex Smith are doing.

Bens stats relative are impressive. Plus an offense going from top 10 to bottom 5 back to fringe top 10 isnít enough to win the award?

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast