Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    No superstars are coming but there are several articles out today about DeRozan wanting out of the Spurs. If the Knicks could do a sign and trade that involved Randle and Dotson in return for DeRozan on a 4 year deal then sign Wood I think that would be a successful summer for Leon Rose.

Cole, Ball or Lewis / Frank
    RJ / Nesmith(Clippers pick)
    DeRozan / Iggy
    Wood / Knox
    Mitch / Taj

That is a roster upgrade...
    I know, no superstars are coming here. You know it. Everyone knows it. But none of our opinions matter. It's what James Dolan believes.

He didn't hire Leon Rose to rebuild through the draft. They're definitely looking at Elton Brand because no one under my age can remember who played on the Knicks in their prime when they won a Championship.

DeRozan is a tertiary player at best. He's definitely asking for more than $27M/season (his current contract) when he's an UFA.

No thanks and heís under contract anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    No thanks and heís under contract anyway.

Philly fans talking about Knicks giving up Mitch for this guy and scary part is it could happen it's the Knicks lmao.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

This is all code for, Knicks looking at a "Big Man"...to be Mitchell Robinson's right hand man. And I agree. The New Knicks have SEVERAL NEEDS: Scoring Guard. Point Guard. Defensive stopper. Power Forward who is good in the transition game.

But first thing's first...Knicks NEED to dump all that veteran misfit garbage and design a triple threat guard rotation that is reminiscent of the Detroit Pistons: Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, and Vinnie Johnson. Knicks have a very good shot at drafting Cole Anthony...but what if they package their extra late first rounders to get Ty Haliburton. Then the Knicks have a rotation: Cole Anthony and Ty Haliburton with Frank Ntilikina coming off the bench. Of course, the Knicks usually do something stupid and never what I want...so it's all good.

As for passing big men...that will be stage 2.

Good I'm glad you guys are starting to realize that there is not much out there that would be any better than Randle. DeRozan is a mid-range sniper but I'd personally ride Randle's contract out to see how he looks with a better PG

Good I'm glad you guys are starting to realize that there is not much out there that would be any better than Randle. DeRozan is a mid-range sniper but I'd personally ride Randle's contract out to see how he looks with a better PG
    I rather not

Same people hating on Julius will end up loving him with the right pg

Same people hating on Julius will end up loving him with the right pg
    Maybe in the Twilight zone

Did someone try and defend Julius Randle? Too distracted by all the laughing you can hear from Los Angeles and New Orleans.

Knicks fans always hate a player when they are here but when they go to teams later on and before contributors on winning teams they regret it... Zbo, Jamal Crawford, D.Lee, Jr. Smith, Trevor Ariza... List is much longer.

We need to realize that Julius is not a #1 option but that is what he is forced to be here much like Zbo and D.Lee when they were Knicks. Put Julius next to a dominant PG and a consistently efficient wing and let him be the ultimate garbage man on the boards and punish players in the paint.

Fizdale's failure was trying to make Julius into a player (Draymond) that he was never meant to be.

Keep watching grasshoppers!

Knicks fans always hate a player when they are here but when they go to teams later on and before contributors on winning teams they regret it... Zbo, Jamal Crawford, D.Lee, Jr. Smith, Trevor Ariza... List is much longer.

We need to realize that Julius is not a #1 option but that is what he is forced to be here much like Zbo and D.Lee when they were Knicks. Put Julius next to a dominant PG and a consistently efficient wing and let him be the ultimate garbage man on the boards and punish players in the paint.

Fizdale's failure was trying to make Julius into a player (Draymond) that he was never meant to be.

I didnít like him before we got him and he is exactly who I thought he was. Some posters are too harsh but he is a pretty flawed player

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The only player thatís a winning player you listed is ariza and most fans didnít want to give up on him iirc. Randle isnít payed like a role player. Heís skilled but his style of ball doesnít promote winning. He actually reminds me a lot of zbo. Thatís not a compliment. He will bounce around for the rest of his career much like he has in the early part of it because there will always be a team that thinks they can hone his talent. We should move on ASAP

This is my favorite topic. Ex-Knicks. Truthfully, over the last 20 yrs...Carmelo Anthony was the Knicks' best trade. Kristaps Porzingis was the Knicks' best draft pick. And Jeremy Lin was the biggest pop at the Garden. Outside of the playoffs x3 with only 1 series past the first round...the team sucked.

Starbury wasn't getting it done, so Steve Francis was brought in (goodbye Ariza), hoping to become second coming of Frazier & Monroe. Looked more like Abbott and Castello. Z-Bo was traded to the Knicks to bring back Bully Ball with Eddy Curry. Horrible spacing. Jamal Crawford and Q-Rich were supposed to spread the D. They bricked games away with streaky performances, bad shot selection, and were horribly overpaid.

David Lee was the first Knick to make the All-Star game in 10 seasons. Similar to Porzingis, he was signed and traded so the Knicks could make a play for Lebron and D. Wade.

Oh life.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I didnít like him before we got him and he is exactly who I thought he was. Some posters are too harsh but he is a pretty flawed player

He is also a great 3rd option on any team. 18 million is not overpaid in today's NBA for a guy who can put up 20-10 on any given night and although the badly coached Knicks this season made him the focal point of the offense, he is the type of player that will get his even if the offense were to go through another player because he is a very good offensive rebounder and garbage man around the rim. And again a dominant PG would prevent him from handling the ball as much which would cut down on his turnovers. Cole Anthony is going to have the ball in his hands at the end of games if we get him.... Julius, RJ, Knox, Mitch and whoever else Knicks have next season will be playing off him. Like every player on the Grizzlies plays off of Ja.

I would love to see the Knicks hire Sam Presti as GM.

Forget the fact, as GM Presti (not Perry) drafted Durant, later Westbrook and Harden...he made some stunning trades:

July 10, 2019: Traded Paul George to the Los Angeles Clippers for Danilo Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2022 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick. (2021 first-round pick is MIA's unprotected pick.) (2023 first-round pick is MIA's pick, top-14 protected.) (Right to swap with LAC.) (Right to swap with LAC.)

July 16, 2019: Traded Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2024 1st round draft pick, a 2025 1st round draft pick and a 2026 1st round draft pick. (top-4 protected) (top-4 protected; if 2026 first-round pick is protected, it becomes $1MM and 2026 second-round pick) (2021 first-round pick is right to swap with HOU, top-4 protected.) (2025 first-round pick is right to swap with HOU, top-20 protected.)

The man knows how to rebuild. During the 2019-20 season, the Thunder weren't expected to be playoff contenders. This roster led by paul continues to amaze.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12