Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Isn't there zero humidity out there though?
    It's not the heat it's the humidity.

110 is hot, very hot. Desert conditions. You bake. I spent a year in Arizona many, many moons ago. Will never, ever forget that heat.

Field level with artificial turf will be even hotter.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

110 is hot, very hot. Desert conditions. You bake. I spent a year in Arizona many, many moons ago. Will never, ever forget that heat.

Ya that's a fair point. Especially if players are sitting in the stands to remain 6 ft apart, then they're likely sitting directly in the sun all game too. At least the dugout would've provided some shade.

Just get each player one of these to combat the sun. Problem solved.

Ya that's a fair point. Especially if players are sitting in the stands to remain 6 ft apart, then they're likely sitting directly in the sun all game too. At least the dugout would've provided some shade.

Just get each player one of these to combat the sun. Problem solved.
    You got stock in those, don't u.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You got stock in those, don't u.

I own the company

I own the company
    Sorry, thought it was Leo's company.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

I live in the phoenix area... between July and Oct.1st.. it can get to 120 degrees during the day.. with ~20% humidity... it's actually DRIER in Denver where it averages 17% humidity...

110-120 IS HOT I stepped out of the office and there was a breeze.. it actually made it WORSE... Felt like I stuck my head into a coke oven...

That said, from Oct1 until July 1... some of the best weather in the country. We play most youth sports between Labor day and July 1st... right through the winter... Yes, the only dome is on Chase Field....but for guys like us fans.. who are mostly out of shape older persons.. that would be tough.. but for pro-athletes in their primes.. the weather can be handled with proper hydration and misters....

STill, if they are not playing in front of fans.. they can play 6-7 games/day in chase field and get the rest in on the many ST facilities... The angels minor league teams plays their regular season during those months at theirs in Tempe (Tempe Diablo Stadium)... so it can, and does get done. (but I wouldn't be doing and DH'ers in that heat... even with 4 hours between games..)

Now that said.. I've been hearing so much stuff lately.. so is utter trash.. some even come with disclaimers that the info is so new, that it might be proven wrong in the next few weeks...

One NUT from the doom-n-gloom network (CNN) actualy said he can see this pandemic lasting for 18+ months...

Well, if it's going that long.. I can see many just giving up on quarantine and going back to work... waiting that long will also mean you'll get it anyway... the sooner the better.. let's go.
    Last edited by evilemplover; 04-08-2020 at 10:09 PM.

California is claiming they don't believe there will be ANY sports played in their state until Thanksgiving, at the earliest.

[emoji2369]

California is claiming they don't believe there will be ANY sports played in their state until Thanksgiving, at the earliest.

[emoji2369]

Maybe if the San Andreas fault area breaks off they can play there since it'll be safe, away from everyone else.

[emoji2369]

california governor can shut down any sporting event if he deems so... regardless if any league nba nhl or baseball says sports can resume..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    california governor can shut down any sporting event if he deems so... regardless if any league nba nhl or baseball says sports can resume..

:d
    Last edited by johnny ny; 04-09-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Odd. All I see from his post is a smiley face.

Also, he failed. It's you're*

Yikes.

Odd. All I see from his post is a smiley face.

Also, he failed. It's you're*

Yikes.

Lol he edited it

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    He thinks he can.. reality, for the short term the courts will let him (and the rest) get away with it... but if it does start to last too long... any attempt by him to maintain keeping it out and the courts will probably put him back in his place...

The reality is... if this lasts too long... even quarantined you'll eventually get it anyway.. so why bother..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234