Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Should the Carolina Panthers build a new stadium in Rock Hill or stay in Charlotte?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and you'd sit still for 4 hours on a hard seat in -30 degree wind chill?
    Yes

Edit:
    You are going to see no bigger hater of indoor football venues than me TBH. I hate it. Itís bull ****. Baseball and football are outdoor sports. Like hereís something else that pisses me off: NFLs retractable roof regulations. 10% or less chance of precipitation and 50-80 degrees, canít change within 90 minutes of game time. All of my favorite games had some type of weather involved. Ice Bowl, Fog Bowl, Mud Bowl (Miami-Pitt game with the punt sticking in the mud), Snow Globe Game (Lions-Eagles when Shady went off), Raiders-Patriots. My childhood memories of my favorite times player were in downpours, snow, absurd cold.

Maybe itís a bit of a regional thing. Anyone I meet from the North East hates domed football fields and baseball fields.

Now if they was to do a ďroofĒ like Miami did and cover the fans but leave the field uncovered, Iím cool with that. But completely enclosing the stadium? Pass.
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-02-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    If you're sitting still at a football game than you're doing it wrong.
    That's good team fan privilege lol. Carolina is infamous for having old fans who go to the games as if it's a social club. They "root" for Carolina until their old team comes to town, then the stadium is 50/50. So many north east transplants live on the Charlotte area. No joke, I've only been to one Panthers game where some asshat didn't ask everyone to sit down.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That's good team fan privilege lol. Carolina is infamous for having old fans who go to the games as if it's a social club. They "root" for Carolina until their old team comes to town, then the stadium is 50/50. So many north east transplants live on the Charlotte area. No joke, I've only been to one Panthers game where some asshat didn't ask everyone to sit down.
    Hey now. Itís cheaper for me to see the Steelers there than in Pittsburgh. [emoji13]

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hey now. Itís cheaper for me to see the Steelers there than in Pittsburgh. [emoji13]
    BOA straight up should just be a 9th Steelers home game. I get that every stadium gets infested by Steeler/Cowboy/etc fans, but BOA legit seems to be 75% Steelers fans when they play.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

BOA straight up should just be a 9th Steelers home game. I get that every stadium gets infested by Steeler/Cowboy/etc fans, but BOA legit seems to be 75% Steelers fans when they play.
    Besides travelling well, Charlotte is a go to retirement spot for Pittsburghers.

Besides travelling well, Charlotte is a go to retirement spot for Pittsburghers.
    Yeah, Pittsburghers have no problem falling in love with North Carolina, they just need to leave their Steeler love behind them

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Yeah, Pittsburghers have no problem falling in love with North Carolina, they just need to leave their Steeler love behind them
    That ain't gonna happen. Ever. Once the IC Light hits the tongue you are a steeler fan for life.

EDIT:
    Charlotte is one of those cities IMO like LA or NYC or Phoenix or Tampa. No one is actually from there. They're all from somewhere else. I've been to Charlotte a few times and I think I've yet to meet someone that grew up there. So when you grew up with a fandom, changing it isn't likely to happen, regardless of where you live now. Hence why I'm not a Skins/Senators/Wizards/Caps fan (**** the NHL BTW).
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-02-2020 at 12:19 PM.

That ain't gonna happen. Ever. Once the IC Light hits the tongue you are a steeler fan for life.

EDIT:
    Charlotte is one of those cities IMO like LA or NYC or Phoenix or Tampa. No one is actually from there. They're all from somewhere else. I've been to Charlotte a few times and I think I've yet to meet someone that grew up there. So when you grew up with a fandom, changing it isn't likely to happen, regardless of where you live now. Hence why I'm not a Skins/Senators/Wizards/Caps fan (**** the NHL BTW).
    Real talk, Iron City is trash, I can't imagine what light tastes like lol.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Real talk, Iron City is trash, I can't imagine what light tastes like lol.
    Lick a steel pole.

If the billionaire owner wants to build a new stadium, then he can build himself one.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If the billionaire owner wants to build a new stadium, then he can build himself one.
    He could be a trillionaire and he'd still expect the tax payers to fund it.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

He could be a trillionaire and he'd still expect the tax payers to fund it.
    Steve Ballmer spent $400M of his own momey to buy the forum in Inglewood, and I'm pretty sure he's also paying for most or all of the Clippers new arena with his own money.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Steve Ballmer spent $400M of his own momey to buy the forum in Inglewood, and I'm pretty sure he's also paying for most or all of the Clippers new arena with his own money.
    Our old owner paid for BOA with PSL licenses, but still went for tax money for the renovations. I guess that's not as bad given that the area benefited from the stadium for 15-20 years before that. But the way cities bend over for sports teams I don't know why anyone would pay for their own stadium until they were forced to.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Yes

Edit:
    You are going to see no bigger hater of indoor football venues than me TBH. I hate it. Itís bull ****. Baseball and football are outdoor sports. Like hereís something else that pisses me off: NFLs retractable roof regulations. 10% or less chance of precipitation and 50-80 degrees, canít change within 90 minutes of game time. All of my favorite games had some type of weather involved. Ice Bowl, Fog Bowl, Mud Bowl (Miami-Pitt game with the punt sticking in the mud), Snow Globe Game (Lions-Eagles when Shady went off), Raiders-Patriots. My childhood memories of my favorite times player were in downpours, snow, absurd cold.

Maybe itís a bit of a regional thing. Anyone I meet from the North East hates domed football fields and baseball fields.

Now if they was to do a ďroofĒ like Miami did and cover the fans but leave the field uncovered, Iím cool with that. But completely enclosing the stadium? Pass.
    Agreed 100%. Ban domes everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Agreed 100%. Ban domes everywhere.
    Yup, if I wanted to see arena football I would have watched the AFL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast