Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should the Carolina Panthers build a new stadium in Rock Hill or stay in Charlotte?

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-r...south-carolina

According to the article above Iím hearing that the Panthers are considering not only moving their HQ to South Carolina and bring a new practice facility to Rock Hill but also build a new stadium in S.C. as well. Does this make sense or should the franchise consider building a roof at Bank of America stadium in downtown Charlotte while they share the stadium with the New MLS team or should they build a new retractable roof stadium in Charlotte somewhere downtown? Since Bank of America stadium was built in 1996 does it make sense to spend a whole bunch of money to put a dome on BOA or build a totally new retractable roof stadium to host A super bowl, final four, and bring the MLS Charlotte FC team with them?
    Last edited by SmartCritic2007; 04-01-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Needed to add a few words

#1 - Putting a roof on a stadium needs to be banned. That is freaking stupid.
    #2 - I prefer downtown stadiums to suburban stadiums. The views and accessibility is better.

But from an ownership perspective, having it out in the suburban areas (Rock Hill) is huge because you can buy all the land it would sit on, build and own parking, extra shops, entertainment near buy, and so many other things that you can profit over the limited space in a downtown area.

BOA stadium is pretty nice and had a huge renovation back in like 2014 or so, so honestly I don't see where they need a new stadium. But Rock Hill is only like half an hour away, so it's not a huge deal if they leave, but the Charlotte layout is pretty nice. I'm sure it'll depend on which city/state is willing to give them the most money, which is stupid.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    BOA stadium is pretty nice and had a huge renovation back in like 2014 or so, so honestly I don't see where they need a new stadium. But Rock Hill is only like half an hour away, so it's not a huge deal if they leave, but the Charlotte layout is pretty nice. I'm sure it'll depend on which city/state is willing to give them the most money, which is stupid.
    I think the biggest missed opportunity with BOA is the fact that there's no open end to the city and the skyline. It's a nice enough stadium (I've been there post '14 renovation) but the lack of a view out of one of the endzones or corners is really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    #1 - Putting a roof on a stadium needs to be banned. That is freaking stupid.
    #2 - I prefer downtown stadiums to suburban stadiums. The views and accessibility is better.
    US Bank is one that begs to differ re stadiums with a roof.....but I agree on the downtown stadium for a lot of reasons including several economic layers
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think indoor stadiums are the only thing that should exist. It just put both teams on equal footing and the spectator experience is just amazing.

Why shouldn't roofs be added?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 04-01-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I think indoor stadiums are the only thing that should exist. It just put both teams on equal footing and the spectator experience is just amazing.

Why shouldn't roofs be added?

Because part of football is the weather. But tbf, it's one of the reasons Drew Brees doesn't get GOAT praise despite being top in most categories and why Brady deserves even more praise for playing in the cold northeast.

I do somewhat agree with the equal footing argument though, but mostly for statistical comparison throughout the season rather than the direct game. Outdoor teams on the east coast get hammered by a tropical storm early in the season almost every year and Seattle gets it quite a bit year round. So it's pretty unfair that a WR might have a couple games that basically get erased due to wind/rain while a player in a dome doesnt have to worry about it.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Because part of football is the weather. But tbf, it's one of the reasons Drew Brees doesn't get GOAT praise despite being top in most categories and why Brady deserves even more praise for playing in the cold northeast.

I do somewhat agree with the equal footing argument though, but mostly for statistical comparison throughout the season rather than the direct game. Outdoor teams on the east coast get hammered by a tropical storm early in the season almost every year and Seattle gets it quite a bit year round. So it's pretty unfair that a WR might have a couple games that basically get erased due to wind/rain while a player in a dome doesnt have to worry about it.
    I get that. That's why I wish all 32 teams were indoors.

Not practical but I think it would be amazing.

I really believe Brees and Manning are quite a bit better than Brady but Brees never gets the respect.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I would drive to Rock Hill over downtown Charlotte 10x out of 10.
    I-77 going to downtown Charlotte sucks from a traffic perspective.
    Rock Hill would be a much easier drive.

Indoor football is ****.
    and you'd sit still for 4 hours on a hard seat in -30 degree wind chill?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    US Bank is one that begs to differ re stadiums with a roof.....but I agree on the downtown stadium for a lot of reasons including several economic layers
    Nah it's beyond stupid that the Vikings continue to play indoors. They'd have an unbelievable advantage in December and January if they had an open air stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I get that. That's why I wish all 32 teams were indoors.

Not practical but I think it would be amazing.

I really believe Brees and Manning are quite a bit better than Brady but Brees never gets the respect.

You're wrong about the stadium but right about Brees and Manning lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    and you'd sit still for 4 hours on a hard seat in -30 degree wind chill?
    If you're sitting still at a football game than you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Nah it's beyond stupid that the Vikings continue to play indoors. They'd have an unbelievable advantage in December and January if they had an open air stadium.
    US Bank Stadium looks amazing. I can't wait to go one day. But I agree. Look back at that playoff game vs Seattle when the Vikings were using the Gophers stadium.
    Seattle was the better team for sure going into that game, but the -20 or whatever wind chill neutralized things big time.
    If it wasn't for AP fumbling late in the 4th, or the Walsh shank, MN wins that game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast