Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Lmaooo

Wouldn't that be a catch though?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Well, yeah...

Bouncing off a wall? No.

gonna just stick with the one i have until next year for 2 reasons... dont wanna toss out 60 with no work right now really plus i dropping a good bit on final fantasy 7 remake and because i am 7 seasons into the road to the show and i just signed a 13 year contract with the phillies : )

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    gonna just stick with the one i have until next year for 2 reasons... dont wanna toss out 60 with no work right now really plus i dropping a good bit on final fantasy 7 remake and because i am 7 seasons into the road to the show and i just signed a 13 year contract with the phillies : )
    I mean, you can also download the prospect rosters from the OS guys, so you would be fine. I really liked that feature so I went ahead and bought it, but in retrospect, buying it months before a new system drops was probably not the best decision.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I basically only play RTTS. I gave up on baseball games for awhile and pulled out the last version I have recently and I'm playimg RTTS from the show '16. It's actually kind of funny seeing some of the trades and crap that go down from guys who were young and supposed to be good in 2016 but ended up sucking.

As much as I love baseball, I've just never been a huge fan of baseball games. I either get too frustrated or it's too easy and I've never found the balance. I know it's probably my own fault, but I always seem to either hit like .380 with 50 bombs or I move it to the next difficulty or play with sliders and hit like .215 with 8 bombs.

I used to play a ton of franchise mode too, but I get bored with my teams super quick and restart like once a month, so I never really get too into it. And like jeffy said, some versions are too easy to get the best players. I love doing fantasy drafts and teams like won't draft the top prospect minor leaguers until late, but I just start grabbing them in like the 25th-30th rounds and then trade them straight up for a guy who was drafted in like the 10th round. And it's stuff like that that makes it kinda dumb. I know I could just not do that, but it's hard not to when you know it's an option.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-08-2020 at 02:26 PM.

I went ahead and bought it, it's trash and immediately regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I went ahead and bought it, it's trash and immediately regret it.
    Lol what do you not like? The game play is fun imo.
    Transactions and stuff obviously aren't realistic though. I was able to add Matt Olson to the Yankees for 3 random "A potential" low level minor leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol what do you not like? The game play is fun imo.
    Transactions and stuff obviously aren't realistic though. I was able to add Matt Olson to the Yankees for 3 random "A potential" low level minor leaguers.
    ^ crap like that

And no online franchise, RTTS is the exact same.

It's ****ing pointless other than graphics

^ crap like that

Lol I just do offline franchise and play games. I don't do any other game modes, so it's fine for me.
    It would be cool if the GM type stuff was a little more realistic though.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Lol I just do offline franchise and play games. I don't do any other game modes, so it's fine for me.
    It would be cool if the GM type stuff was a little more realistic though.
    Yeah, you just have to do self imposed rules for that.

^ crap like that

Online franchise has been gone for a couple years now, but Custom League is the replacement for it finally.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Online franchise has been gone for a couple years now, but Custom League is the replacement for it finally.
    Yeah, we are trying that. I have a group of friends, and we are doing a year where people can bring their diamond dynasty teams into the custom league, and we max the teams overall (75 in the first year) and are playing each person in a 3 game series, best two records play in a playoff.

But no off-season, no player progression, etc. Stuff that I enjoy.

Yeah, we are trying that. I have a group of friends, and we are doing a year where people can bring their diamond dynasty teams into the custom league, and we max the teams overall (75 in the first year) and are playing each person in a 3 game series, best two records play in a playoff.

But no off-season, no player progression, etc. Stuff that I enjoy.
    Yeah, well, one the Diamond Dynasty and EA Ultimate Team stuff became such a popular money-grab for these companies, that's what their focus is going to be. Sad but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Yeah, well, one the Diamond Dynasty and EA Ultimate Team stuff became such a popular money-grab for these companies, that's what their focus is going to be. Sad but it's true.
    I know

NBA does it with My Team too But they at least found a way to monetize the My Career portion that keeps people wanting to play that too. The Show could learn from that.

OOTP is by far the most realistic and best game out there. It's just not see ball, hit ball, like so many fans prefer. It's more about the business management and roster construction aspect, which I enjoy just as much as see ball, hit ball.

I can't handle the show because too much in the game isn't realistic. Michael Kopech throws 102 in this years Show, with a 79 mph breaking ball.

He does not do that in real life.

The trades are unrealistic, the contracts aren't right at all, you have to manually renew pre-arb players, and can sign them to insanely team friendly deals. Budgets are all ****ed up, and if I want Mike Trout, I can just give up a few made up A potential prospects and have him on my team. Players retire at 35 after having an all-star season, etc.

I can't stand that stuff, it distracts me too much to enjoy the game at all.
    You're definitely right when it comes to managing teams but game play wise it knocks it out of the park. And I think saying MLB the Show is just "see ball hit ball" is massively under playing the gameplay. You have to know how to work the count. You're not going to do very well in higher difficulties by going by the "see ball hit ball" strategy. You can see a slider moving toward the outside corner on an 0-0 count and hit it dead on, only to have a sharp liner for the 3rd baseman. Just like in real life you want to work the count, foul off tough pitches, and avoid swinging at balls outside of the zone.

My biggest gameplay issues with the Show are easily...

1. Fielding is way to easy, and is completely reliant on RNG.
    2. 2-seam fastballs suck ***. Drives me crazy. Honestly might be the worst pitch in the game. You can't throw a truly nasty 2 seamer. While if you play online you realize how overpowered sliders are. You'll literally face guys that throw 70% sliders with half those being out of the zone.

But yeah you are right. The management decisions in RTTS by the PC are very frustrating. Constantly I'll find my team with 0 backup players outside of a catcher. Or a 2nd rate reliever as my 4th or 5th starter. Drives me crazy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast