Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I think All-Star Baseball 2004 featuring Derek Jeter is the only game I've completed a full season with. Had Vladimir Guerrero and Barry Bonds both hit like 70-80 HR's or something ridiculous like that.
    That was an underrated franchise. I played the hell out of 02 I think it was.

I think it's worth it if you like the actual minors being expanded, and if you plan to play online, custom leagues replaces online franchise. I've also heard you can do diamond dynasty teams in custom league, but I am not sure on that one as I don't play diamond dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    building a stadium or gm mode would be ideal... is there gm mode in 19 or 20? i love road to the show so as long as they have that i am set... i would love build your own stadium type thing
    The main reason I love MLB the SHow is because of RTTS. They added these things in 19 where you gain relationships with players on your team by playing games and doing these pointless dialogues. The only thing I liked about 2020 is they made it so you play better together if you're relationships are better. So if you're a SS and you have a great relationship with your 2B his defense will be better.

But overall I'm not getting it. There's not enough changes to RTTS for me to actually buy the new one. That being said I don't blame anyone for buying it. The Show is the best sports game on the market, and supporting these devs is a good idea... We don't want EA all of a sudden buying the license.

Out of all my years playing The Show I never got in to RTTS.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    That was an underrated franchise. I played the hell out of 02 I think it was.
    I love the show, but All Star is my all time favorite franchise. I think it is the only console game to have expansion mode, which was fantastic. It had about 100 different cities and team names you could choose from and you could pick the uniforms.

They also had a handful of stadiums you could choose from. I was the Brooklyn Woodpeckers. Then they automatically created another team so it would be 32 and you would do an expansion draft. I really wish the show would add this feature because it was so much fun to play as a new team and have a bunch of nobodies on the team.

OOTP is by far the most realistic and best game out there. It's just not see ball, hit ball, like so many fans prefer. It's more about the business management and roster construction aspect, which I enjoy just as much as see ball, hit ball.

I can't handle the show because too much in the game isn't realistic. Michael Kopech throws 102 in this years Show, with a 79 mph breaking ball.

He does not do that in real life.

The trades are unrealistic, the contracts aren't right at all, you have to manually renew pre-arb players, and can sign them to insanely team friendly deals. Budgets are all ****ed up, and if I want Mike Trout, I can just give up a few made up A potential prospects and have him on my team. Players retire at 35 after having an all-star season, etc.

I can't stand that stuff, it distracts me too much to enjoy the game at all.

Who like me had MVP Baseball 2005? With Manny Ramirez in the picture on the box? That was IMO the best baseball game to ever come out. The soundtrack is amazing too.

It was so great a game that rosters were being updated by the community all the way to 2019. It's also available on PC and with mods you can still play it today.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Who like me had MVP Baseball 2005? With Manny Ramirez in the picture on the box? That was IMO the best baseball game to ever come out. The soundtrack is amazing too.

It was so great a game that rosters were being updated by the community all the way to 2019. It's also available on PC and with mods you can still play it today.
    Oh yeah. I played that one but more so the year's before with Pujols on the cover. Loads of people lament the fact that series was discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post

It was from an era when we had competition amongst developers, and that really pushed everyone to put out quality games. I really wish we could go back to that point.

Agreed, MVP was the best series

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Oh yeah. I played that one but more so the year's before with Pujols on the cover. Loads of people lament the fact that series was discontinued.
    The one with Randy Johnson on the cover was great to

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Agreed, MVP was the best series

The best series is the one with the best glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post

The best series is the one with the best glitches.
    This either bounced off the wall or Khris Davis is a wizard. Ruled a catch.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e8aabc8...406_001029.mp4
    Last edited by goingfor28; 04-06-2020 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    This was just ruled a catch against me lol

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e8aabc8...406_001029.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Lmaooo

Wouldn't that be a catch though?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast