Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show

MLB The Show

should i get the new one for 60 or 19 for 10 bucks? I normally dont buy a new MLB every year and am still playing 18 because i love road to the show but am thinking of upgrading and am wondering if 20 is the far better buy over 19 for the price?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    should i get the new one for 60 or 19 for 10 bucks? I normally dont buy a new MLB every year and am still playing 18 because i love road to the show but am thinking of upgrading and am wondering if 20 is the far better buy over 19 for the price?
    The game didn't change much from last year and the fielding is horrible in 20's version of the show. Unless you play Diamond dynasty, battle royale, etc, your best bet is to wait till next year when the new consoles come out. I feel like the game will be improved significantly in preparation for the new systems.

Stick with 19 imo.

yea i was about to buy the show 20 and the fielding seems to be frowned upon... so maybe sticking with 19 might be better... never even took into account the new systems so thanks for that my dude

I'd assume you can't play online in the '19 version. Something to consider if you like playing online.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd assume you can't play online in the '19 version. Something to consider if you like playing online.
    I think the servers stay up for a while after the new game comes out. The only thing that sucks is there is no new content for 19 like current rosters, new cards to buy, etc. If you don't mind not having those things, then you should stick to 19'. I like 20' but they have to patch the fielding desperately.

As someone who buys sports games every year and then a week later typically regrets it, I think 20 is a massive upgrade over 19. All I ever play is franchise mode, and I've been playing almost every night since the game released.

I like 19 more in terms of game play. Sure, they do some decent additions year to year but 65 bucks worth? Not imo. I got mine for 40 bucks because the Gamestop near me was closing and everything was on sale but I think i would have regret paying full price if i had to.

I hope the next generation systems have the options to build your own ballparks, better AI, etc. I don't play online either although MLB's online mode is a lot better than NHL, NBA and Madden's. At least MLB rewards you for playing the game. All the other games are constant micro transactions to buy packs.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The game didn't change much from last year and the fielding is horrible in 20's version of the show. Unless you play Diamond dynasty, battle royale, etc, your best bet is to wait till next year when the new consoles come out. I feel like the game will be improved significantly in preparation for the new systems.

Stick with 19 imo.
    How have they continued to not improve this game?

I was continuing to buy every year, and this is the first time I haven't. They don't work on the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    How have they continued to not improve this game?

I was continuing to buy every year, and this is the first time I haven't. They don't work on the game at all.

To be fair, you have real minor league rosters this year. That's for one. You have franchise relocation as well. The PCI rewards are also much better. If you make good or perfect contact, you see more realistic results. Fielding isn't as uniform as it has been in the past.

They do a better job of having fielding attributes matter in regards to players making defensive plays. That said, they do need to patch it because players botch way too many routine ground balls for example.

You're right though. Its not the improvements we should see. I think they're waiting for the PS5 and the Xbox Series X to come out before they really shift it into another gear.

building a stadium or gm mode would be ideal... is there gm mode in 19 or 20? i love road to the show so as long as they have that i am set... i would love build your own stadium type thing

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    building a stadium or gm mode would be ideal... is there gm mode in 19 or 20? i love road to the show so as long as they have that i am set... i would love build your own stadium type thing
    Franchise mode with full control turned on is basically gm/owner mode.

I think you can relocate your team, but idk about building a stadium. All I ever do is start a franchise and start playing. Don't do online features or anything else. Might mess w rtts a little bit.

They had a build a stadium mode in EA Sports College baseball from like 05, it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    They had a build a stadium mode in EA Sports College baseball from like 05, it was awesome.
    Mvp 04 had it too

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Mvp 04 had it too

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    MVP 05 was the only game I've actually finished playing a full 162 game season. Hit like 43 HRs w Tony Womack lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    MVP 05 was the only game I've actually finished playing a full 162 game season. Hit like 43 HRs w Tony Womack lol
    I think All-Star Baseball 2004 featuring Derek Jeter is the only game I've completed a full season with. Had Vladimir Guerrero and Barry Bonds both hit like 70-80 HR's or something ridiculous like that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast