Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lions Sign Geronimo Allison

Allison has agreed to a one-year contract for the veteran's minimum of $910,000, a source confirmed to ESPN. NFL Network first reported the terms of the deal, adding that Allison will also get a $137,500 signing bonus.

With how deep the WR group is in this year's draft this signing makes me kind of scratch my head. Like, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

With how deep the WR group is in this year's draft this signing makes me kind of scratch my head. Like, what's the point?
    You and me both. He's definitely a Quinn type of player in that he's a big WR who can jump but he's also slow for a WR, he's had some personal issues, and he scored a 13 on the Wonderlic. I'm not sure what he adds other than not being a rookie.

Hooray. Let's get slower in a league that continues to evolve with speed and athleticism. I get it, they have a love for size and catch radius but if you cannot separate you are going to struggle especially if the o-line isn't very good on top of it. Marvin Hall was so beloved because he provided something other than big guy jump ball.

Furthermore: https://relativeathleticscores.com/2...o-allison-ras/ He has an awful athletic score.

It's a one year deal and probably won't make the team, but even I don't see any upside other than he is a veteran and provides "depth". This should not deter the Lions from drafting a WR, one that has speed and athleticism.
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 03-30-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Wow, I take it back, he can't jump. Hopefully there's no dead cap on this guy.

Quinn's best signing

you guys are missing the point, we signed a guy named Geronimo, what better name to epitomize the entire Lions experience?

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    you guys are missing the point, we signed a guy named Geronimo, what better name to epitomize the entire Lions experience?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Solid point.

10/10