Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    It sounds like you want a revolution.

There’s a candidate for that.
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    At least to medicare for all, especially when people start losing their jobs, thus their medical coverage.
    How have the Nationalized health care countries done in the pandemic? Don't actually know.

Heard Italy set an upper age limit for any care which is nightmarish.

I suspect the money in health care has driven it into the ditch in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How have the Nationalized health care countries done in the pandemic? Don't actually know.

Good question

As this whole.thing plays out we'll probably start realizing diff things about diff health systems

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Heard Italy set an upper age limit for any care which is nightmarish.

I suspect the money in health care has driven it into the ditch in this country.
    Better than the US. Look it up and stop being intellectually lazy

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Better than the US. Look it up and stop being intellectually lazy
    I did, it's unclear. Italy and Spain were both apparently terrible. Haven't been able to find much about Brazil/Argentina.

It certainly seems the US major issues were regulatory with things like mandatory expirations for simple face masks causing health providers to throw away useful masks on a regular basis, and tests being much slower to become available. It wasn't until the FDA was essentially forced to give up that test manufacturing was able to ramp up.

My British friend said that the UK was incredibly slow to get tests out and that the health care system was quick to to cut staff 85% in response to the pandemic and that their suggestion was to stay home and hope. They are apparently pretty pissed at the government handling of it and that they were also woefully unprepared.
    Last edited by Scoots; 04-01-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Failures that are in some part driven by money or control that have been relaxed because of Wuhan flu (I have to call it that now once my brain started playing Busta saying "Wuhan got you all in check")

1. CDC not allowing any other party to devise, make. or supply C19 tests. They relaxed the rule too slow to really help ... will they learn from this lesson? My bet is no. Any time a rule is relaxed power is lost, and power lost is hard to gain back. Maybe they can squeeze more money out of the system to charge extra fees to allow labs to work on such things in the future?

2. Doctors are not allowed to practice across state lines. Some states have relaxed those rules, but not all, and not enough. They sell it as a means to protect you from bad actors from out of state, but the reality is those databases are already available nationally and it's almost criminal to not relax those rules permanently. But if they relax them then the state can't collect those licensing fees to practice in their state anymore. Oh no!

3. TSA decided that 3.5oz of liquids is dangerous ... unless it's hand sanitizer. This is just PR ********, everybody knows it. When are we going to do away with the TSA? Never because they don't want to go and they get to give out all those lucrative contracts for running airports. Cha ching!

4. Distilleries have been allowed to make alcohol hand sanitizers without going through lots of red tape, for a little while then it's going to get super restricted again. Why? Because we want them jumping through lots of red tape to protect the existing big business distilleries from having to compete against smaller companies who can't afford all the regulation hoop jumping.

5. Alcohol delivery. Many states have a ton of stupid restrictions on alcohol. With social distancing many are allowing home delivery of alcohol. Now they are not going to just let anyone do it, you still get to pay the state for your booze and pay the state to deliver it, so they are still taking more than their fair share.

6. FDA ... a whole ton of things they've dropped that are universally good moves ... 90% of them will come back and go right back to sucking and being wasteful, but they get to justify themselves again.

7. Medicare stopped requiring all patient/doctor interaction be in person. Jesus why was this EVER a thing?

8. HIPAA rules have been relaxed to let doctors "talk" to people over the internet. Why do we pay people to make things harder and more expensive for us?

9. Prisoners who were in for non-violent acts and ones who are picked up but not judged to be dangerous are being sent home. Only been calling for this for a decade. It won't last either. No extra prisoners less money for the system.

10. Plastic bags are back. More PR fear tactic BS that too few could see through.

This was my interpretation of a list I saw. We could go on and on. Regulations are required to keep business and people in check, but so many of them do more damage than help.

I like the Louis Brandeis philosophy, the curse of bigness. Big government is a direct result of the rise of big business in the days of the Robber Barrons. Government should give voice and protect the American people against the power of business. If you have a business environment dominated by huge corporations then you will get a huge government by necessity. Unfortunately big business has learned to fight the government less and just co-opt it instead.

We should roll back the ridiculous Chicago School of Economics theories on anti-trust that have lead to the immense amount of consolidation of market share, power and wealth. They’ve also lead to the hollowing out of the country by consolidating the corporate footprint to the coasts and taking a lot of high paying jobs with them.

Unsurprisingly, Greenland has no more cases of COVID. I swear, plague inc is a pretty damn accurate model for these things lol.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Unsurprisingly, Greenland has no more cases of COVID. I swear, plague inc is a pretty damn accurate model for these things lol.
    What did Greenland do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

They have a population density of 0.028/km2 so they pretty much are always social distancing, pandemic or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    They have a population density of 0.028/km2 so they pretty much are always social distancing, pandemic or not.
    Their beaches are usually pretty cold over spring break too.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I like the Louis Brandeis philosophy, the curse of bigness. Big government is a direct result of the rise of big business in the days of the Robber Barrons. Government should give voice and protect the American people against the power of business. If you have a business environment dominated by huge corporations then you will get a huge government by necessity. Unfortunately big business has learned to fight the government less and just co-opt it instead.

We should roll back the ridiculous Chicago School of Economics theories on anti-trust that have lead to the immense amount of consolidation of market share, power and wealth. They’ve also lead to the hollowing out of the country by consolidating the corporate footprint to the coasts and taking a lot of high paying jobs with them.
    This makes sense.

I think our government spending being unchecked is what lead to an ever growing government. You are a government "manager" it is your job to justify your budget and find ways to expand it ... never contract. If your budget gets smaller you lose power.

The rest I agree with.

And it's air is super dry and there isn't much international travel in comparison.

I think our government spending being unchecked is what lead to an ever growing government. You are a government "manager" it is your job to justify your budget and find ways to expand it ... never contract. If your budget gets smaller you lose power.

The rest I agree with.
    That’s a another curse of bigness be it corporate or government.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast