Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Money and corruption

As long as it's at all possible for politicians or government employees to get rich through some machinations apart from their salary there will be some willing to do it. As long as there are some willing to do it the system grows to the point where anybody with principles will be punished and used as an example to keep others in line.

Once the political process is corrupted those same people with the money get to make it more easy to corrupt every other system around them. Banking stops being equal it becomes for the rich and against everyone else. Healthcare becomes a system of milking money out of everyone else to make the people at the top more money.

As the people at the top get more money they have more options to corrupt more people.

I know I have a reputation for this, but this is ABSOLUTELY a both sides issue in that both of the main political parties in this country have an interest in keeping things going this way. Each administration for the last 30 years regardless of party has increasingly created more opportunities for the wealthy to get and keep more money and more power.

We need to force government to have a balanced budget. We need to find a way to reduce the access of money to making the rules. I have some ideas but none of them are easy.

I'm a capitalist with liberal ideas. What we have right now is completely broken, but it's bad enough for me to support Bernie just for his principles.

It's possible this confinement is making me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    As long as it's at all possible for politicians or government employees to get rich through some machinations apart from their salary there will be some willing to do it. As long as there are some willing to do it the system grows to the point where anybody with principles will be punished and used as an example to keep others in line.

Once the political process is corrupted those same people with the money get to make it more easy to corrupt every other system around them. Banking stops being equal it becomes for the rich and against everyone else. Healthcare becomes a system of milking money out of everyone else to make the people at the top more money.

As the people at the top get more money they have more options to corrupt more people.

I know I have a reputation for this, but this is ABSOLUTELY a both sides issue in that both of the main political parties in this country have an interest in keeping things going this way. Each administration for the last 30 years regardless of party has increasingly created more opportunities for the wealthy to get and keep more money and more power.

We need to force government to have a balanced budget. We need to find a way to reduce the access of money to making the rules. I have some ideas but none of them are easy.

I'm a capitalist with liberal ideas. What we have right now is completely broken, but it's bad enough for me to support Bernie just for his principles.

It's possible this confinement is making me depressed.
    I hope you are not standing on a ledge right now.

You're a pretty good poster. And you don't misspell words. Grammar is pretty good.

We need you.

It sounds like you want a revolution.

Thereís a candidate for that.

If your post is reflective of what you want, we need damn near a complete overhaul of government and financial institutions.

Iím in.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If your post is reflective of what you want, we need damn near a complete overhaul of government and financial institutions.

Iím in.
    Really what I want is to just get the money out of politics and not make the government shrink the budget to a lower percentage of the GDP and I think it solves pretty much all the other issues in a generation or so.

Really what I want is to just get the money out of politics .
    I'm hoping this whole corona virus situation wakes everyone up to this. To me it's like stupid exposed right now, but I don't know, some people still ain't seeing it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm hoping this whole corona virus situation wakes everyone up to this. To me it's like stupid exposed right now, but I don't know, some people still ain't seeing it
    Most of the stupid I'm seeing is the conflicting inflammatory viral posts on social media.

In politics the team game has been extra strong and full of lies than usual over the last month ... on both sides.

Really what I want is to just get the money out of politics and not make the government shrink the budget to a lower percentage of the GDP and I think it solves pretty much all the other issues in a generation or so.
    Tell the climate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Tell the climate that.
    No reason that can't be part of it. When money gets out of it then politicians will be more responsive to the people and less responsive to corporations.

No reason that can't be part of it. When money gets out of it then politicians will be more responsive to the people and less responsive to corporations.
    At this point, unfortunately, I trust the people about as much as I trust the corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    At this point, unfortunately, I trust the people about as much as I trust the corporations.
    Then we really are ****ed.

Then we really are ****ed.
    You said it, man.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

At least to medicare for all, especially when people start losing their jobs, thus their medical coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    At least to medicare for all, especially when people start losing their jobs, thus their medical coverage.
    Sure, just to expand, why are employers responsible for employee health coverage to begin with? See how the govt just completely took their responsibility and shifted it over to business owners?

That's why there is no one to respond to the corona virus. Hes the same person who should be running the nations health system, but apparently hes been on paid vacation for a couple decades now..

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

More stunning analysis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast