Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69

Thread: Rubio v China

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    48,356
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Or maybe you googled what I said an realized i DID know what I'm talking about

    That can be our secret tho

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Maybe you "kind of" did but you sure didn't do a good job of expressing as much if so.

    PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Dominant countries will always exert influence. I think that's a given and, frankly, so long as we're not enslaving people I can live with that.

    What is frustrating about Central and South America is the amount of corruption that goes on down there. And I'm sure it goes on on most of Africa and a lot of Asia. One criminal like leader after another pretty much all surviving on or other forms of corruption. In all honesty, we should probably depose mor governments than we do.

    There is absolutely no reason why Venezuela should be poor or Brazil so poorly managed or El Salvador being pretty much a criminal state. If China can have a booming economy based on cheap labor, why can't Central and South America???

    If we removed the government of Venezuela or El Salvador would that be a bad thing??? (Brazil would be a little tougher.)

    Maybe after this corona virus mess, some movement will be made in that direction. Hope so. Those people deserve better.
    Rise an army and conquer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Dominant countries will always exert influence. I think that's a given and, frankly, so long as we're not enslaving people I can live with that.

    What is frustrating about Central and South America is the amount of corruption that goes on down there. And I'm sure it goes on on most of Africa and a lot of Asia. One criminal like leader after another pretty much all surviving on or other forms of corruption. In all honesty, we should probably depose mor governments than we do.

    There is absolutely no reason why Venezuela should be poor or Brazil so poorly managed or El Salvador being pretty much a criminal state. If China can have a booming economy based on cheap labor, why can't Central and South America???

    If we removed the government of Venezuela or El Salvador would that be a bad thing??? (Brazil would be a little tougher.)

    Maybe after this corona virus mess, some movement will be made in that direction. Hope so. Those people deserve better.
    So killing and impoverishing to starvation is ok as long as they’re not direct slaves?

    I don’t think you can discount our role in those countries not wiping out corruption. It’s like when a kid grabs his brothers hand and smacks his brothers face with his own hand and says “stop hitting yourself”.


    How can you say we should have any role in changing leaders of another country. We’re not taking about genocide or abuse, otherwise you’d make a case to take over Saudi Arabia. But we don’t because they play nice in business which is what it’s about and I can’t imagine something more immoral than having people suffer so that we can steal their resources. You can point to it being done before but the goal is to be better.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    One of the end results of this Corona Virus, hopefully, will be a total rethinking of our economy.

    If we cam make it here, make it here…especially critical products.

    Maybe companies can rethink. what they manufacture

    Maybe we don't need……
    $300 sneakers
    $100 steak dinners
    new cell phones every year
    7-8 year auto loans
    3% mortgages
    absurd travel and vacations
    unlimited credit
    unlimited credit
    unlimited credit
    unlimited credit
    unlimited credit

    and a host of other items.

    did I mention unlimited credit???

    Might be time to re-adjust our lives
    100% on everything you said. Companies need to rethink their supply chain.

    Credit is a good discussion topic too. It doesn’t get enough attention.
    Last edited by statquo; 03-30-2020 at 10:05 PM.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Not at all. Whether it’s bananas or a canal or steel, we’ve kicked out or assassinated leaders in central and South America, planted our stooges and made US friendly deals for resources while natives get no benefit or outrageous loans for infrastructure that they can never repay.

    It’s not even a secret anymore. Our government is run by corporate interests and those interest exploit and control resources all over the world.

    We control what matters. The profit of their only equitable resources.
    Ya but a lot of it is strategic too.

    The US wants to maintain its influence and control over the Panama Canal and the resources on this side of the world. And around the world for that matter. You’re the biggest economy in the world with over 330 million consumers bent on getting more of everything. You have to fuel that to maintain growth.

    I posted it before but out of the top 11 oil producers in the world, the US has either direct or indirect influence over 7 of them except... Russia, China, Iran and Venezuela.
    It’s not a coincidence that those 4 countries (and then North Korea) are always on the US **** list regardless of what administration is in power.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,380
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Ya but a lot of it is strategic too.

    The US wants to maintain its influence and control over the Panama Canal and the resources on this side of the world. And around the world for that matter. You’re the biggest economy in the world with over 330 million consumers bent on getting more of everything. You have to fuel that to maintain growth.

    I posted it before but out of the top 11 oil producers in the world, the US has either direct or indirect influence over 7 of them except... Russia, China, Iran and Venezuela.
    It’s not a coincidence that those 4 countries (and then North Korea) are always on the US **** list regardless of what administration is in power.
    Sure, so you assassinate democratically elected leaders or stage a coup to overthrow them and put in a brutal leader who does your bidding and brag to the world how rich and freedom filled you are. I never questioned it being strategic. I questioned the complete lack of morality.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Sure, so you assassinate democratically elected leaders or stage a coup to overthrow them and put in a brutal leader who does your bidding and brag to the world how rich and freedom filled you are. I never questioned it being strategic. I questioned the complete lack of morality.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should know from your own domestic political power struggles that morality is held in very little regard when the goal is to accumulate power. Of course there’s long term consequences, but if you want something but need stability, ya you put in a dictator that’s on your payroll. Unless you want to stabilize it through indefinite military occupation, like Japan, South Korea, Europe...


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,556
    On FOX News (Gasp!!!)…

    Tucker Carlson had a video of a woman (pronbably Taiwanese) asking a top personin the WHO, by video conference, about Taiwan getting into the World Health Organization.

    The WHO rep made believe he didn't hear the question then, rather than have the question repeated, wanted to go on to the next question. She repeated the Taiwan question and he evaded answering. He wanted to talk only about China and went on to praise all the work China has done during the corona virus crises.

    Carlson made several points about the World Health Organization……

    ……The US is billed approx $58 billion for membership in the WHO. This is more than double the next highest donor which is China.

    ……Taiwan is not a member despite asking to be one. Why would the WHO keep any country out of such an organzation??? Especially a nation that is prosperous and could easily afford to join. Hmmm…what could the reason be???

    …Taiwan is not even allowed have "Observer Status" (whatever that is) and have access to WHO information. Hmmm…what could the reason be???

    …The WHO has not contacted Taiwan health officials about what they are doing to contain the corona virus despite the fact that Taiwan has had some pretty good success, Hmmm…what could the reason be.

    (Corollary…This info was from FOX News (GASP!!!) so I guess you cas assume it is all lies.)

    ………………

    Countries need to get over their fear of offending China. The Chinese are not our pals. This is a country that needs to be put in its place on the world stage.

    And there is this article from USA Today

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4978537002/

    ……………
    And P.S.……

    The fact that we are being billed twice as much as the next highest country (China) is totally unfair and it is policies such as this that is the reason Trump pulled us our of the Paris Green Deal.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    On FOX News (Gasp!!!)…

    Tucker Carlson had a video of a woman (pronbably Taiwanese) asking a top personin the WHO, by video conference, about Taiwan getting into the World Health Organization.

    The WHO rep made believe he didn't hear the question then, rather than have the question repeated, wanted to go on to the next question. She repeated the Taiwan question and he evaded answering. He wanted to talk only about China and went on to praise all the work China has done during the corona virus crises.

    Carlson made several points about the World Health Organization……

    ……The US is billed approx $58 billion for membership in the WHO. This is more than double the next highest donor which is China.
    .
    Tucker shamelessly slides in a blatantly exaggerated number because he knows nobody in his audience will verify it, and fits into the narrative that the US is a victim and the world just takes advantage of them. State-run television at its best I suppose.

    https://www.who.int/about/finances-a..._2020.pdf?ua=1


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Tucker shamelessly slides in a blatantly exaggerated number because he knows nobody in his audience will verify it, and fits into the narrative that the US is a victim and the world just takes advantage of them. State-run television at its best I suppose.

    https://www.who.int/about/finances-a..._2020.pdf?ua=1
    Great chart. It shows China paying in less than half of what the US pays in.

    And where is anyone saying the US is a victim I think what is being pointed out is what a bad neighbor China is to the rest of the world. I don't know how you cannot see that.

    And as for the rest of the post that you cut off…

    Are you denying what was pointed out????

    Can you come up with a reason for Taiwan not being part of the World Health Organization????

    For that matter…can you come up with a reason for any country not being part of the World Health Organization???
    Anyone???

    Can you come up with a reason as to why Taiwan (or any country) would not be consulted for successful health practices?

    No you probably can't other than China not wanting anyone to deal with Taiwan.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    49,380
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    You should know from your own domestic political power struggles that morality is held in very little regard when the goal is to accumulate power. Of course there’s long term consequences, but if you want something but need stability, ya you put in a dictator that’s on your payroll. Unless you want to stabilize it through indefinite military occupation, like Japan, South Korea, Europe...
    Again, I’m aware of the reality. And I have a problem with it. I think the goal should be to minimize suffering wherever possible, not some outdated alpha global control BS. We can be better than that.

    This is routinely putting profits over people which should really be the national slogan at this point because we don’t even care about our own people.

    And the hypocritical cycle is what cracks me up. You take these “men of god” throughout the country acting like they respect the morals of Jesus and then they support politicians on both sides who have no problem destroying the lives of millions of innocent civilians all so we can pay cheap prices for gas, minerals, steel, produce, etc. But send a few missionaries there when you hear about the poverty caused by your own votes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Great chart. It shows China paying in less than half of what the US pays in.

    And where is anyone saying the US is a victim I think what is being pointed out is what a bad neighbor China is to the rest of the world. I don't know how you cannot see that.

    And as for the rest of the post that you cut off…

    Are you denying what was pointed out????

    Can you come up with a reason for Taiwan not being part of the World Health Organization????

    For that matter…can you come up with a reason for any country not being part of the World Health Organization???
    Anyone???

    Can you come up with a reason as to why Taiwan (or any country) would not be consulted for successful health practices?

    No you probably can't other than China not wanting anyone to deal with Taiwan.
    I cut the rest of the post off because I wanted to show that when media pundits fabricate numbers, their viewers take it for truth and spread the misinformation. And I cut it off because Taiwan and China is another global problem that is far more complex than Trump supporters care to acknowledge.

    Are you denying what was pointed out????
    I'm denying that it was 58 billion dollars which you should have known is a laughable, unrealistic number. Shame on you Sluggo you're better than that. I'm not denying China pays half of what the US does though.

    Can you come up with a reason for Taiwan not being part of the World Health Organization????
    100% I can. China considers it a province and part of their country and everyone in the world outside of the US South knows it's a sensitive subject. If you start recognizing Taiwan publicly as its own sovereign country, you risk China taking it over by force, which they practice wargames for. China claims they will retake it by force if needed, while the US has a treaty to defend it. At this time, are you willing to risk having to defend Taiwan against China? There's no way. Unless you assume China is bluffing. And on top of what's going on now, what is their to gain from doing this right now, when the rest of the world ****ing hates the US. If the US wants to go ahead unilaterally, good luck.

    For that matter…can you come up with a reason for any country not being part of the World Health Organization???
    Anyone???
    I mean they don't have to if they don't want to. Your previous post complaining about how "totally unfair" that the US is billed twice as much as China and for that being a reason you pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords basically answers that. You can just leave or not sign up if you don't want to be in it because you think you're a victim.

    Can you come up with a reason as to why Taiwan (or any country) would not be consulted for successful health practices?
    I think you and I both already know why Taiwan probably would not be consulted. China. I don't really know why they would have to though. I don't think other countries not being consulted for successful health practices has anything to do with China as you say though.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,582
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Again, I’m aware of the reality. And I have a problem with it. I think the goal should be to minimize suffering wherever possible, not some outdated alpha global control BS. We can be better than that.

    This is routinely putting profits over people which should really be the national slogan at this point because we don’t even care about our own people.

    And the hypocritical cycle is what cracks me up. You take these “men of god” throughout the country acting like they respect the morals of Jesus and then they support politicians on both sides who have no problem destroying the lives of millions of innocent civilians all so we can pay cheap prices for gas, minerals, steel, produce, etc. But send a few missionaries there when you hear about the poverty caused by your own votes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean it pays to be at the top of the totem pole. Why give it up if you don't have to?


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    On FOX News (Gasp!!!)…

    Tucker Carlson had a video of a woman (pronbably Taiwanese) asking a top personin the WHO, by video conference, about Taiwan getting into the World Health Organization.

    The WHO rep made believe he didn't hear the question then, rather than have the question repeated, wanted to go on to the next question. She repeated the Taiwan question and he evaded answering. He wanted to talk only about China and went on to praise all the work China has done during the corona virus crises.

    Carlson made several points about the World Health Organization……

    ……The US is billed approx $58 billion for membership in the WHO. This is more than double the next highest donor which is China.

    ……Taiwan is not a member despite asking to be one. Why would the WHO keep any country out of such an organzation??? Especially a nation that is prosperous and could easily afford to join. Hmmm…what could the reason be???

    …Taiwan is not even allowed have "Observer Status" (whatever that is) and have access to WHO information. Hmmm…what could the reason be???

    …The WHO has not contacted Taiwan health officials about what they are doing to contain the corona virus despite the fact that Taiwan has had some pretty good success, Hmmm…what could the reason be.

    (Corollary…This info was from FOX News (GASP!!!) so I guess you cas assume it is all lies.)

    ………………

    Countries need to get over their fear of offending China. The Chinese are not our pals. This is a country that needs to be put in its place on the world stage.

    And there is this article from USA Today

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/4978537002/

    ……………
    And P.S.……

    The fact that we are being billed twice as much as the next highest country (China) is totally unfair and it is policies such as this that is the reason Trump pulled us our of the Paris Green Deal.
    Are you saying the WHO won’t let them in bc China doesn’t like them? I honestly don’t know anything about this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I cut the rest of the post off because I wanted to show that when media pundits fabricate numbers, their viewers take it for truth and spread the misinformation. And I cut it off because Taiwan and China is another global problem that is far more complex than Trump supporters care to acknowledge.


    I'm denying that it was 58 billion dollars which you should have known is a laughable, unrealistic number. Shame on you Sluggo you're better than that. I'm not denying China pays half of what the US does though.


    100% I can. China considers it a province and part of their country and everyone in the world outside of the US South knows it's a sensitive subject. If you start recognizing Taiwan publicly as its own sovereign country, you risk China taking it over by force, which they practice wargames for. China claims they will retake it by force if needed, while the US has a treaty to defend it. At this time, are you willing to risk having to defend Taiwan against China? There's no way. Unless you assume China is bluffing. And on top of what's going on now, what is their to gain from doing this right now, when the rest of the world ****ing hates the US. If the US wants to go ahead unilaterally, good luck.


    I mean they don't have to if they don't want to. Your previous post complaining about how "totally unfair" that the US is billed twice as much as China and for that being a reason you pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords basically answers that. You can just leave or not sign up if you don't want to be in it because you think you're a victim.


    I think you and I both already know why Taiwan probably would not be consulted. China. I don't really know why they would have to though. I don't think other countries not being consulted for successful health practices has anything to do with China as you say though.
    Your chart shows the US paying $58 million and the Chinese paying half that. If I said $58 billion it was a typo.

    And even if China doesn't like Taiwan, that is no reason to keep the out of a World Health Organization? You dopn't thonk that, in a body of world health experts, that any and all info from whomever shouyld be welcome???

    You think by letting Taiwan into a World Health Organzation that that would lead to WW III. Geezus…that's a hell of a stretch.

    The guy in the interview could not even say the word "Taiwan." He lied about not hearing the question. He clearly did not want to piss off China.

    I think it is safe to say that China doesn't need Taiwan for anything (security, economy, people etc.) The entire planet would sleep better if China would just accept Taiwan as it is. We would all be better off. This not recognizing Taiwan under any circumstances (including a major health emergency) is just dumb and counterproductive,

    And why are you defending China to this degree??? That is simply amazing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •