Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Free Agents

Free Agents

Lions have signed Reggie Ragland and Elijah Lee

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/03/...lijah-lee.html
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Elijah Lee sounds like he'll fit with the Tony McRae and Geremy Davis signings, and provide competition for ST.

Reggie fits exactly what the Lions want out of their LB's, can stuff the run but not good in pass coverage. Needless to say don't expect improvement in that area from Reggie (or at all if Collins gets hurt). If anything he could compete with Christian Jones (stupid extension).

I like the Reggie signing he is young enough and with a change of scheme he may turn into something...worse case he is good depth.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

I wonder what they do with Jarrad Davis now that they've signed Ragland.

If Lee has coverage skills he may be the more impactful signing, unless Patricia gets all stubborn and only plays him on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    I wonder what they do with Jarrad Davis now that they've signed Ragland.

If Lee has coverage skills he may be the more impactful signing, unless Patricia gets all stubborn and only plays him on ST.
    that was my first thought, too, feels like it signals the end of Davis here

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Replace him with another guy who can't cover for a lick. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    end of an era

I don't dislike any of the FA signings on an individual basis, except maybe Vaitai, if they play him at Tackle I'm not gonna like that signing but if they play him at Guard that's OK by me. I like adding veteran depth but you have to do more than that. How many players on the roster right now could start for most NFL teams?

On offense I think Stafford, Jones Jr., Golladay definitely could and Decker and Ragnow probably could. Being kind to Quinn he has 5 legit starters out of 11. On defense who is there? I'd say Trufant, Collins, and Flowers. Shelton is good but he's not a three down player. Ragland has potential but he's not there yet.

Being kind Quinn has managed to put 9 legit NFL first stringers on this team out of 22 spots. They ain't competing for playoff success next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post
    I don't dislike any of the FA signings on an individual basis, except maybe Vaitai, if they play him at Tackle I'm not gonna like that signing but if they play him at Guard that's OK by me. I like adding veteran depth but you have to do more than that. How many players on the roster right now could start for most NFL teams?

On offense I think Stafford, Jones Jr., Golladay definitely could and Decker and Ragnow probably could. Being kind to Quinn he has 5 legit starters out of 11. On defense who is there? I'd say Trufant, Collins, and Flowers. Shelton is good but he's not a three down player. Ragland has potential but he's not there yet.

Being kind Quinn has managed to put 9 legit NFL first stringers on this team out of 22 spots. They ain't competing for playoff success next season.
    Agreed.

With the draft over and teams making roster changes to fit in the new rookies, does anyone have an up to date list of remaining free agents?

I'm wondering if the Lions will make any additional moves or stick to what they have.