Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Roman Reigns not performing at WrestleMania 36

Understandable considering his compromised immune system and the threat of coronavirus. Apparently WWE is scrambling for a replacement as they tape WrestleMania. Wonder who it will be? Guess we'll have to wait for the Reign's coronation ceremony.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-27-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Match was gonna be god awful anyway

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

This is pretty bananas. It sucks for Roman to lose his spot. The only person I could see beating Goldberg for the title is The Fiend. Beating Cena and Goldberg in one night would make The Fiend a legend.
    Fan of Red Sox , Chicago Bears , Boston Celtics , Chase Elliott , UVA, Joshi Puroresu

2018-2019 UVA Men's Basketball National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    This is pretty bananas. It sucks for Roman to lose his spot. The only person I could see beating Goldberg for the title is The Fiend. Beating Cena and Goldberg in one night would make The Fiend a legend.
    On what will be the oddest wrestle mania ever. Kinda fits him.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redsox12 View Post
    just have a triple threat... goldberg needs the carry

Given that people who are receiving or have received cancer treatment are among the most susceptible to the disease, this makes 100% sense and everything else is bull**** from people.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Im gonna take a wild guess here and say King Corbin. Already plays the hell part perfectly so why not make him a heel champion?

Vince to Gronk

There's a rumor some of these wrestlers are pulling out because some have come up sick in the last few days. Andrade is out of his match as well with "sore ribs" but that could be a cover for the virus.

WWE isn't going to learn sadly. They are putting their talent at risk even without crowds and only being at the PC.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-27-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Should've postponed the show until they could have put it on properly. I usually tune in for Wrestlemania every year, despite not watching any other wrestling programming the rest of the year. I won't this year though. Just zero interest.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Should've postponed the show until they could have put it on properly. I usually tune in for Wrestlemania every year, despite not watching any other wrestling programming the rest of the year. I won't this year though. Just zero interest.
    Its a shame because its a good card. The problem is there is no momentum behind it with empty buildings and all this **** going on. I understand why they couldn't push the story lines back though. Natural progression means they have to put the event on soon. That said, its an awful timing for WWE. Its their biggest show of the year and they can't treat it that way.

Vinny Mac couldn't lose out on that insurance money if WWE had canceled.

New column on my site dedicated to WWE
    Charlotte Flair For The Gold

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its a shame because its a good card. The problem is there is no momentum behind it with empty buildings and all this **** going on. I understand why they couldn't push the story lines back though. Natural progression means they have to put the event on soon. That said, its an awful timing for WWE. Its their biggest show of the year and they can't treat it that way.
    With some creativity, they probably could've jump started the angles a few months down the road and put on most of the card as it was. Certainly could've been done with the matches that were important even if some of the card was changed. I agree, though, absolutely no momentum.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    With some creativity, they probably could've jump started the angles a few months down the road and put on most of the card as it was. Certainly could've been done with the matches that were important even if some of the card was changed. I agree, though, absolutely no momentum.
    It would have looked like they were delaying it for the sake of not having a crowd to do it in front of. If we're concerned with continuity and angles, they kind of had to stay on this timeline. The only thing they could do is ******** finishes but that doesn't look good for WrestleMania and they can't predict when they will be able to have their next PPV in front of an actual audience.

This is going to do a lot of damage to WWE not just financially but in terms of production quality and story lines going forward. Its hard to watch wrestling in front of an empty building week after week because so much of it is about the crowd and how they are involved, react to everything they are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There's a rumor some of these wrestlers are pulling out because some have come up sick in the last few days. Andrade is out of his match as well with "sore ribs" but that could be a cover for the virus.

WWE isn't going to learn sadly. They are putting their talent at risk even without crowds and only being at the PC.
    *Vince isn't going to learn. But then again, Vince is WWE. Apparently he was the only one who wanted this to go on, so what the boss wants, the boss will get.

I'm glad that Roman and Miz and others are backing out. I support those who did it for the blood money from Saudi Arabia, and I definitely support them doing this now.

Mania is going to be so awful, I will watch it, but I don't have a whole lot of interest anymore. I haven't been a fan of the empty arena shows. I have also found it ridiculous that they are doing promos in the ring and they have mics. It looks completely stupid. Just mic them up and have them do it backstage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast