Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1891
  1. #1201
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    plus, it might be eerie to be in a half empty stadium period...most have never played games that way
    That's just 1st quarter at AT&T Stadium.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    normally there are at least some ppl in the stands cheering for you...plus, it might be eerie to be in a half empty stadium period...most have never played games that way

    but why only Dallas? wouldn't Houston have fans too?
    See, I donít think the fans rooting for or booing a team is necessarily where the advantage comes because players have been playing in huge stadiums since their college days. Itís not a great study but I saw one time sports science tested NBA players on their effectiveness with and without fan noise and they saw that there was little if any difference because professional athletes are trained to withstand all the noise. I think in football the advantage comes from a stadium that is so loud that other players canít hear when the QB is making audibles at the line of scrimmage. At 50% capacity I donít think the cowboys will have that advantage.

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    See, I donít think the fans rooting for or booing a team is necessarily where the advantage comes because players have been playing in huge stadiums since their college days. Itís not a great study but I saw one time sports science tested NBA players on their effectiveness with and without fan noise and they saw that there was little if any difference because professional athletes are trained to withstand all the noise. I think in football the advantage comes from a stadium that is so loud that other players canít hear when the QB is making audibles at the line of scrimmage. At 50% capacity I donít think the cowboys will have that advantage.
    Using a silent count or not also makes a difference. It adds just a split second of latency to an offense, but when most passes are thrown in around 3 seconds, a split second is still a big deal. I think this is the main reason why the Eagles defense is so much better at home; as so much of Schwartz's scheme hinges on getting pressure with just 4 rushers. Unfortunately in 2020 the Eagles play 5 of their 8 first games at home, so they would be at a disadvantage without a crowd. 50% of Eagles fans attendance would probably still make enough noise though.

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Using a silent count or not also makes a difference. It adds just a split second of latency to an offense, but when most passes are thrown in around 3 seconds, a split second is still a big deal. I think this is the main reason why the Eagles defense is so much better at home; as so much of Schwartz's scheme hinges on getting pressure with just 4 rushers. Unfortunately in 2020 the Eagles play 5 of their 8 first games at home, so they would be at a disadvantage without a crowd. 50% of Eagles fans attendance would probably still make enough noise though.
    True. I guess crowds really energize players too, I guess I didnít think of that. I donít think it would be a distraction to opposing teams but it could really energize the home team

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím not sure thatís an unfair advantage or not to be honest. Itíll feel normal to most players in my opinion.
    I think the NBA would feel it the worst because the fans are so close to the court. The field is so big in the NFL that the players will eventually fail to notice (or care).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    normally there are at least some ppl in the stands cheering for you...plus, it might be eerie to be in a half empty stadium period...most have never played games that way

    but why only Dallas? wouldn't Houston have fans too?
    Yes, Houston would have the same advantage. Not sure why that article only mentions Dallas.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think the NBA would feel it the worst because the fans are so close to the court. The field is so big in the NFL that the players will eventually fail to notice (or care).
    They are already playing soccer in empty stadiums in Europe and it's weird as hell.

    But the crowd noise doesn't really have that much of an effect on the game game, unlike in the NFL with forcing opposing offenses to use a silent count.

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yes, Houston would have the same advantage. Not sure why that article only mentions Dallas.
    Because the Cowboys have a villain role to embrace apparently, despite winning fewer playoff games than the Texans since they entered the league.

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,333
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    They are already playing soccer in empty stadiums in Europe and it's weird as hell.

    But the crowd noise doesn't really have that much of an effect on the game game, unlike in the NFL with forcing opposing offenses to use a silent count.
    which raises a question....in an empty stadium, how likely could a defense pick up the conversation from the offensive huddle?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,220
    For those that care. I came across this Ben DiNucci interview.


    https://youtu.be/_5K9K0kabNQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,764
    Iím trying to get excited about the season but so much ******** is going on . What are the chances of no players contracting covid during the season ? Then he misses 2 weeks then they will trace his contacts and other players may be quarantined. Hopefully it goes smoothly but I just donít know

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,475
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iím trying to get excited about the season but so much ******** is going on . What are the chances of no players contracting covid during the season ? Then he misses 2 weeks then they will trace his contacts and other players may be quarantined. Hopefully it goes smoothly but I just donít know
    Treat em like everyone else who gets the flu.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,764
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Treat em like everyone else who gets the flu.
    I thought it was a auto 2 week quarantine for anyone that gets it? This is much different then the flu. You know when you have the flu and try not to infect others because you know you have it .

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I thought it was a auto 2 week quarantine for anyone that gets it? This is much different then the flu. You know when you have the flu and try not to infect others because you know you have it .
    It is an automatic 14 day quarantine. Itís just going to be part of the game from now on. Or at least until they develop a vaccine. This season and especially training camps are going to be a huge cluster ****.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,475
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I thought it was a auto 2 week quarantine for anyone that gets it? This is much different then the flu. You know when you have the flu and try not to infect others because you know you have it .
    You donít know you have the flu either, until you know.

    This whole Plandemic is grossly exaggerated.

Page 81 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •