Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1377
  1. #1141
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Well, consistently above average. They gave up 16.5 points per game in those easy 6 games and in those 10 less easy games against teams 6-10 or above they gave up 21.6. So thatís like a 5 point swing which isnít terrible and like I said, that 21.6 points per game is still above average and should definitely be enough to keep a high powered offense in games.

    However, like I said the offense put up 19.5 points per game in those same 10 games which would be amongst the worst 1/4 in the league. The point per game average they put up in those other six games was 36.0 points per game. Thatís a huge difference. Nearly a 17 point difference for the offense and a 5 point difference for the defense.
    So to recap this for anyone that doesnít like reading paragraphs

    *Dallas scoring offense in 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams: 36.0 points per game

    *Dallas scoring offense against 6-10 or better teams: 19.5 points per game

    That is a 16.5 point per game difference

    *Dallas defense in 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams: 16.5 points per game

    *Dallas defense in 10 games against 6-10 or better teams: 21.6 points per game

    That is a 5.1 point per game difference

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #1142
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Iíll tell you who needs sports back .. sports radio . Lol .. my god do they need it back . I listened to Anthony Gaurdano rank NFL teams since 2000 . Right away he put the Eagles at #2 . Iím in my car so Iím just listening but Iím thinking that seems high . Big Red was the beast of the East and they do have a ring to add now but Iím like .. I donít know . So his people start reading winning seasons , playoff births , SB appearances and rings .. and Gaurgano just kept saying OMG .. OMG .. OMG ... when I got out of the car they slipped to 7th [emoji23][emoji23]
    Where did the cowboys rank? Imma guess bottom 1/3 of the league?

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #1143
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So they were still very average on defense and they finished 8-8. If their defense had played up to the hype and finished in the top 10 like their offense did itís conceivable that they would have won 2 more games which would have won them the NFC East.
    I don't know how you can look at those numbers and claim that Dak did enough to win but the defense is the reason they lost.

    I mean, sure, if the defense shut out every opponent the Cowboys would have gone 16-0.

    The defense certainly did a good job in the losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Saints, holding those teams to 17, 13, and 12 points respectively. Dak in those three games threw 0 TDs, 2 Ints for a passer rating of around 70.

  4. #1144
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't know how you can look at those numbers and claim that Dak did enough to win but the defense is the reason they lost.

    I mean, sure, if the defense shut out every opponent the Cowboys would have gone 16-0.

    The defense certainly did a good job in the losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Saints, holding those teams to 17, 13, and 12 points respectively. Dak in those three games threw 0 TDs, 2 Ints for a passer rating of around 70.
    It just seems like dak and the offense gets little to no blame at all whereas the defense gets a good majority of blame and I donít think either are justified.

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #1145
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,701
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Where did the cowboys rank? Imma guess bottom 1/3 of the league?
    They were 15 .

  6. #1146
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,970
    Amount of games where defense gave up <21 points:

    - Dak Prescott: 61.9 % (6th best among QBs)
    - Carson Wentz: 42.9 % (10 worst among QBs)

    Yet cowboys fans sure blame the defense a lot 🤔

  7. #1147
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    They were 15 .
    That seems pretty high for them

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #1148
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't know how you can look at those numbers and claim that Dak did enough to win but the defense is the reason they lost.

    I mean, sure, if the defense shut out every opponent the Cowboys would have gone 16-0.

    The defense certainly did a good job in the losses against the Eagles, Patriots, and Saints, holding those teams to 17, 13, and 12 points respectively. Dak in those three games threw 0 TDs, 2 Ints for a passer rating of around 70.
    If their defense played up to the level of their offense (finishing in the top 5-10) they would have won at least 2 more games. Defense couldnít get stops and blew leads.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1149
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If their defense played up to the level of their offense (finishing in the top 5-10) they would have won at least 2 more games. Defense couldnít get stops and blew leads.
    If the defense played like the offense, they would have won the exact same number of games because the offensive performance was highly variable depending on the caliber of the opposing team. You can look up the numbers yourself. A 35 point drop in passer rating in games against teams that finished with a record of 6-10 or higher is quite substantial.

  10. #1150
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    I honestly canít see a Dallas game in 2019 where you just look at the box score and say ďman the offense did their part but the defense sucked *** and lost the gameĒ. There are, however, at least 3 games where you can say the defense did their part but the offense didnít step up because Dallas lost 3 games where the defense gave up 17 or less (and two of those games was by 13 or less).

    You look at the Green Bay game and at face value it looks like you can say ďoh well the offense put up 24 but the defense gave up 34Ē but thing is, that game was over late in the 3rd quarter. I watched that game live, I loved it. The score was like 31-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The defense sucked, true, but the offense sucked too and didnít get going till Green Bay backups came in during garbage time. In that case, you can say that both the offense and defense didnít get going till garbage time because both equally sucked *** up till that point

    I guess maybe you can say the Vikings game where the offense put up 24 and the defense gave up 28 but the defense gave the offense 3 separate chances in the 4th quarter to take the lead back and the offense didnít step up and Dak eventually threw a game ending interception. So sure, the defense didnít do great but once again neither did the offense.

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #1151
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Oh and then thereís the Chicago game, I didnít see that one. That game looks like the offense and defense didnít get going till the 4th quarter either

    Your baby can't do this

  12. #1152
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1266021706730287104?s=20

    Updated career passing grades for the 2016 QB class. All pretty much as expected, I think Goff will continue to fall off a cliff though.

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #1153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If the defense played like the offense, they would have won the exact same number of games because the offensive performance was highly variable depending on the caliber of the opposing team. You can look up the numbers yourself. A 35 point drop in passer rating in games against teams that finished with a record of 6-10 or higher is quite substantial.
    So youíre saying that a team with a top 5 offense would finish with the same record if their defense also finished top 5? Iím sorry but thatís the dumbest **** I ever heard. Your bias is showing, either that or youíre just trolling. My money is on the latter.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1154
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,942
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1266021706730287104?s=20

    Updated career passing grades for the 2016 QB class. All pretty much as expected, I think Goff will continue to fall off a cliff though.
    My and a buddy were talking about that last night. Goff is going to continue to fall. Itís crazy how good that team was and just a couple years later they look prepared to be in the bottom half of the league.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1155
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    So youíre saying that a team with a top 5 offense would finish with the same record if their defense also finished top 5? Iím sorry but thatís the dumbest **** I ever heard. Your bias is showing, either that or youíre just trolling. My money is on the latter.
    The Cowboys were the best offense in the league in 6 games against 3-13, 3-13, 3-12-1, 4-12, 4-12, 5-11 teams. They averaged 36 points per game (#1 in 2019 were the Ravens with 33) and Dak had a passer rating of 123 (#1 were the Saints QBs with 110). Dallas went 6-0.

    In the 10 other games the Cowboys offense was below average. They went 2-8.

    So if the defense matched the performance of the offense in each game, the team would probably end up 8-8 again.

    The Cowboys certainly played like a Top 5 defense in the games against the Saints, Patriots, and the first Eagles game. They held the opposing offenses to under 300 net yards and under 14 points. They also created 5 turnovers over those 3 games. But Dallas only won 1 of them.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-28-2020 at 02:40 PM.

Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •