Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1946
  1. #1081
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Curious, what are your thoughts on the Michael Gallup for Jamal Adams rumor? Personally, I wouldnít do it. A young stud WR is more important than a young stud safety in my opinion
    But what if a team has 3 (in words: three) young stud WRs and no young stud safeties?

    Unless we're talking about Dak of course then he's basically carrying a group of bum receivers on his back.

  2. #1082
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,676
    How did I forget that Vick played for Pittsburgh?

  3. #1083
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But what if a team has 3 (in words: three) young stud WRs and no young stud safeties?

    Unless we're talking about Dak of course then he's basically carrying a group of bum receivers on his back.
    Or as someone else put earlier in this thread, the cowboys have three #1 WRs. One of those WRs already has a top 3 WR contract so itíd be trading a cheap young WR that still has two team controlled years for a safety that will probably immediately command the most money ever by a safety. Plus they still gotta pay dak. Thatís a lot of money to throw around.

    I understand if they want to trade Gallup before his price gets too high but I think it might be smarter to do that next offseason when they already know if lamb pans out or not. Plus, hell who knows, maybe dak needs the three #1 WRs.. We just saw the cowboys go 8-8 when he had only two #1 WRs.

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #1084
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    How did I forget that Vick played for Pittsburgh?
    I forgot too to be honest

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #1085
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Or as someone else put earlier in this thread, the cowboys have three #1 WRs. One of those WRs already has a top 3 WR contract so itíd be trading a cheap young WR that still has two team controlled years for a safety that will probably immediately command the most money ever by a safety. Plus they still gotta pay dak. Thatís a lot of money to throw around.

    I understand if they want to trade Gallup before his price gets too high but I think it might be smarter to do that next offseason when they already know if lamb pans out or not. Plus, hell who knows, maybe dak needs the three #1 WRs.. We just saw the cowboys go 8-8 when he had only two #1 WRs.
    Technically since Adams is a 1st round pick they both have 2 years left on their rookie contracts, although Adams 5th year option wouldn't exactly be cheap of course. I would assume the Cowboys starters at safety are Clinton-Dix and Woods, which isn't bad, but Adams would still be a significant upgrade. But it seems like it's a Cowboys thing to keep spending resources on one position (OL, then LB, now WR) while ignoring others. They also seem to want to make Dak really, really rich by giving him more weapons at the expense of the secondary, which will likely put them in more shootouts, meaning better stats for Dak.

  6. #1086
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I forgot too to be honest
    I didn't but that's only because Steelers fans held multiple anti-Vick protests.

    https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572...1567878028.jpg

  7. #1087
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,841
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I didn't but that's only because Steelers fans held multiple anti-Vick protests.

    https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572...1567878028.jpg
    Iím sure theres fans of any team that would have signed him that would have done so.


    https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4401105

  8. #1088
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím sure theres fans of any team that would have signed him that would have done so.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4401105
    That was when he was first signed by a team as a free agent. He had been out of prison for 6 years by the time he signed with the Steelers. A bit ridiculous if you ask me especially with Rapelisberger as the franchise QB.

  9. #1089
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Technically since Adams is a 1st round pick they both have 2 years left on their rookie contracts, although Adams 5th year option wouldn't exactly be cheap of course. I would assume the Cowboys starters at safety are Clinton-Dix and Woods, which isn't bad, but Adams would still be a significant upgrade. But it seems like it's a Cowboys thing to keep spending resources on one position (OL, then LB, now WR) while ignoring others. They also seem to want to make Dak really, really rich by giving him more weapons at the expense of the secondary, which will likely put them in more shootouts, meaning better stats for Dak.
    Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.

    As far as dak goes, I definitely agree, they are spending a lot of resources to make dak look good which will inadvertently make dak a lot more money. As of right now itís not a big sample size but so far when we see dak lose players on offense he really starts to struggle big time. They say amari can be cut or moved in 2022 for a 6mill dead cap hit, that would be interesting if they canít afford offensive weapons anymore because dak is getting paid the big bux.

    Your baby can't do this

  10. #1090
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That was when he was first signed by a team as a free agent. He had been out of prison for 6 years by the time he signed with the Steelers. A bit ridiculous if you ask me especially with Rapelisberger as the franchise QB.
    Without doing a google search for it I think itís been at least twice that roethlisberger has been accused of rape and I think it was several years apart too. I wonder if there were protestors for that

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #1091
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,841
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Without doing a google search for it I think itís been at least twice that roethlisberger has been accused of rape and I think it was several years apart too. I wonder if there were protestors for that
    There were.

  12. #1092
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    59,841
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That was when he was first signed by a team as a free agent. He had been out of prison for 6 years by the time he signed with the Steelers. A bit ridiculous if you ask me especially with Rapelisberger as the franchise QB.
    Jets fans did too:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ning-camp-site

  13. #1093
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.
    Well, there's a reason good pass rushers are rarely available in a trade but Adams is.

    He may ask for an extension but the eventual 5th year option would be factored into that just as it was with Wentz.

  14. #1094
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, there's a reason good pass rushers are rarely available in a trade but Adams is.

    He may ask for an extension but the eventual 5th year option would be factored into that just as it was with Wentz.
    Ah true that, I guess I just thought that 5th year option would be void if they agreed to an extension before the 4th year. Iím wrong though. So I guess a 4 year extension would really be like a 6 year contract (including the two remaining years).

    Iím not good with how these NFL contracts work.lol
    Last edited by jaydubb; 05-26-2020 at 01:04 PM.

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #1095
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,517
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There were.
    Good, both crimes are horrible

    Your baby can't do this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •