Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1946
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Curious, what are your thoughts on the Michael Gallup for Jamal Adams rumor? Personally, I wouldnít do it. A young stud WR is more important than a young stud safety in my opinion
    But what if a team has 3 (in words: three) young stud WRs and no young stud safeties?

Unless we're talking about Dak of course then he's basically carrying a group of bum receivers on his back.

How did I forget that Vick played for Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    But what if a team has 3 (in words: three) young stud WRs and no young stud safeties?

Unless we're talking about Dak of course then he's basically carrying a group of bum receivers on his back.
    Or as someone else put earlier in this thread, the cowboys have three #1 WRs. One of those WRs already has a top 3 WR contract so itíd be trading a cheap young WR that still has two team controlled years for a safety that will probably immediately command the most money ever by a safety. Plus they still gotta pay dak. Thatís a lot of money to throw around.

I understand if they want to trade Gallup before his price gets too high but I think it might be smarter to do that next offseason when they already know if lamb pans out or not. Plus, hell who knows, maybe dak needs the three #1 WRs.. We just saw the cowboys go 8-8 when he had only two #1 WRs.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    How did I forget that Vick played for Pittsburgh?
    I forgot too to be honest

Your baby can't do this

Or as someone else put earlier in this thread, the cowboys have three #1 WRs. One of those WRs already has a top 3 WR contract so itíd be trading a cheap young WR that still has two team controlled years for a safety that will probably immediately command the most money ever by a safety. Plus they still gotta pay dak. Thatís a lot of money to throw around.

I understand if they want to trade Gallup before his price gets too high but I think it might be smarter to do that next offseason when they already know if lamb pans out or not. Plus, hell who knows, maybe dak needs the three #1 WRs.. We just saw the cowboys go 8-8 when he had only two #1 WRs.
    Technically since Adams is a 1st round pick they both have 2 years left on their rookie contracts, although Adams 5th year option wouldn't exactly be cheap of course. I would assume the Cowboys starters at safety are Clinton-Dix and Woods, which isn't bad, but Adams would still be a significant upgrade. But it seems like it's a Cowboys thing to keep spending resources on one position (OL, then LB, now WR) while ignoring others. They also seem to want to make Dak really, really rich by giving him more weapons at the expense of the secondary, which will likely put them in more shootouts, meaning better stats for Dak.

I forgot too to be honest
    I didn't but that's only because Steelers fans held multiple anti-Vick protests.

https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572...1567878028.jpg

I didn't but that's only because Steelers fans held multiple anti-Vick protests.

https://9b16f79ca967fd0708d1-2713572...1567878028.jpg
    Iím sure theres fans of any team that would have signed him that would have done so.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4401105

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Iím sure theres fans of any team that would have signed him that would have done so.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4401105
    That was when he was first signed by a team as a free agent. He had been out of prison for 6 years by the time he signed with the Steelers. A bit ridiculous if you ask me especially with Rapelisberger as the franchise QB.

Technically since Adams is a 1st round pick they both have 2 years left on their rookie contracts, although Adams 5th year option wouldn't exactly be cheap of course. I would assume the Cowboys starters at safety are Clinton-Dix and Woods, which isn't bad, but Adams would still be a significant upgrade. But it seems like it's a Cowboys thing to keep spending resources on one position (OL, then LB, now WR) while ignoring others. They also seem to want to make Dak really, really rich by giving him more weapons at the expense of the secondary, which will likely put them in more shootouts, meaning better stats for Dak.
    Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.

As far as dak goes, I definitely agree, they are spending a lot of resources to make dak look good which will inadvertently make dak a lot more money. As of right now itís not a big sample size but so far when we see dak lose players on offense he really starts to struggle big time. They say amari can be cut or moved in 2022 for a 6mill dead cap hit, that would be interesting if they canít afford offensive weapons anymore because dak is getting paid the big bux.

Your baby can't do this

That was when he was first signed by a team as a free agent. He had been out of prison for 6 years by the time he signed with the Steelers. A bit ridiculous if you ask me especially with Rapelisberger as the franchise QB.
    Without doing a google search for it I think itís been at least twice that roethlisberger has been accused of rape and I think it was several years apart too. I wonder if there were protestors for that

Your baby can't do this

Without doing a google search for it I think itís been at least twice that roethlisberger has been accused of rape and I think it was several years apart too. I wonder if there were protestors for that
    There were.

Jets fans did too:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ning-camp-site

Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.
    Well, there's a reason good pass rushers are rarely available in a trade but Adams is.

He may ask for an extension but the eventual 5th year option would be factored into that just as it was with Wentz.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Well, there's a reason good pass rushers are rarely available in a trade but Adams is.

He may ask for an extension but the eventual 5th year option would be factored into that just as it was with Wentz.
    Ah true that, I guess I just thought that 5th year option would be void if they agreed to an extension before the 4th year. Iím wrong though. So I guess a 4 year extension would really be like a 6 year contract (including the two remaining years).

Iím not good with how these NFL contracts work.lol
    Last edited by jaydubb; 05-26-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There were.
    Good, both crimes are horrible

Your baby can't do this