Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No Brady? Even though he won an MVP more recently than Rodgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    If it was a list of who's the best passers, he wouldn't be I'm the top 15.... But in terms of QB's that are the toughest to face, absolutely.
    Off of one season? I mean I guess if youíre saying toughest to face, but are you saying thatís how you categorize who your top QBs are all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Not hard to complete a bunch of passes when youíre dinking and dunking down the field.

While I donít disagree as he was doing that more due to the lack of deep threat/WR weapons, youíd think with all the QBs who are career dink and dunkers, there wouldíve been a streak like this.

Carson averaged 5.8 IAY/PA during that streak but even with that he averaged 8.0 for the season.

Definitely took what he had and became successful down the stretch.

EDIT: funny enough, I just looked at Drew Brees and he averaged 6.4 IAY/PA last season and 7.1 before (I donít know if they have measured this prior to 2018). So Carson was about half a yard less than what Brees did last season. Youíd think someone like Brees wouldíve donít this.

EDIT 2: I guess it is only 2018 and 2019 as I tired to look up the year Bradford had that ridiculous comp% to see what his was but itís not there.

Last edited by koldjerky; 05-20-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Off of one season? I mean I guess if youíre saying toughest to face, but are you saying thatís how you categorize who your top QBs are all time?

I mean, he won MVP. Many people had Mahomes in the top 5 before last season. Right now, he's got to be top 5 but as you kinda alluded to.... His sample is much smaller so he could easily fall out of it after a bad year.

There is an article on the NFL app about the top 10 deep ball throwers in the league. You guys might find it interesting. I would post a link but the NFL wonít let you share it.

Woof. So the article is based in the difference between actual comp% vs excomp%. Not really a good indicator of who throws a good deep ball.

How would they determine expected completion percentages?
    What do they consider a deep ball?
    How many of these plays involved shorter passes turned into long plays by the receiver?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How would they determine expected completion percentages?
    What do they consider a deep ball?
    How many of these plays involved shorter passes turned into long plays by the receiver?
    Deep pass is intended air yards over 20 yards. I have no clue how they determine expected completion percent. Per NFL:
    Expected Completion Percentage (xCOMP)
    Using a passerís Completion Probability on every play, determine what a passerís completion percentage is expected to be.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I mean, he won MVP. Many people had Mahomes in the top 5 before last season. Right now, he's got to be top 5 but as you kinda alluded to.... His sample is much smaller so he could easily fall out of it after a bad year.
    I think this just shows you more of the state of QBs right now. Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes are probably the top 3 right now. Some combo of Brees, Watson, Brady, Jackson, and Stafford after that but Brees Brady and Rodgers will be off this list sooner than later.

I guess Iíd be ok with Jackson being top 5 the more I look into the QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think this just shows you more of the state of QBs right now. Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes are probably the top 3 right now. Some combo of Brees, Watson, Brady, Jackson, and Stafford after that but Brees Brady and Rodgers will be off this list sooner than later.

I guess Iíd be ok with Jackson being top 5 the more I look into the QBs.

Agreed. Itís less about Lamar as a pure QB and more about the rest of the QBs in the league but as far as playmakers at the QB position goes I think LJ should be top 5, especially in this newer era of football where a lot of times the best QBs in the league are at least somewhat mobile. Iím not big on lists because thereís so many factors to consider but right now I got

Mahomes
    Wilson
    ARod
    Brees
    LJ

Your baby can't do this

Top anything is different depending on the intended criteria....and in this case timing is a question in the criteria......are we talking thus far in career, current expectations, or expectations over the next few years......in other words, past? present? future? or some combination

If it's expectations over the next few years, Jackson certainly fits top 5...and over the next 2 years obviously older QBs fall in rankings with that criteria.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I feel like we're at that strange crossroads of these lists TBH. That point where Rodgers and Brees are getting older and aren't as good, but not enough young guys have jumped up to take the place from them. I think Stafford is a sneaky one that I wouldn't argue if someone slipped him in there.

Although I'll give you a take to contemplate:
    There's a team that's not the Bears where I think the backup should start.
    I don't think anyone knows what to expect with Rodgers. He had one game all last season that he looked like Prime Rodgers (vs. SEA in the playoffs) but even then he was still under a new offense. I suspect a monster season could be on the way and if it's not, I think it's a byproduct of the elephant in the room and that's him declining.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Agreed. Itís less about Lamar as a pure QB and more about the rest of the QBs in the league but as far as playmakers at the QB position goes I think LJ should be top 5, especially in this newer era of football where a lot of times the best QBs in the league are at least somewhat mobile. Iím not big on lists because thereís so many factors to consider but right now I got

Mahomes
    Wilson
    ARod
    Brees
    LJ
    LJ is absolutely top 5 as far as playmakers go, Iíd say for any position not just QB.

Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast