Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 237 of 341 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    JH has done nothing in limited snaps, except fumble at a 20% clip.

If heís shown anything in practice, anything at all, he would already be on the field.

My guess is if he were to have to deal with what Wentz has, there would be no observable difference.
    While I donít think hurts is better than wentz this isnít true

Even if hurts is playing well in practice which btw during the regular season back up QBs get barely any reps in practice if any. Most times they throw for the scout team if they do

They wouldnít sit wentz. Itís not that simple. His contract has a dead cap of 65 million next year if we cut him and 25 if we trade him lol

So itís not as simple as ďif hurts was showing anything in practice heíd be in thereĒ especially when heís likely not getting any reps, let alone first team reps

Lots of rumbling since September about Dougís happiness in Philly... Maybe, just maybe, maybe coaching has been an issue after all.

https://twitter.com/brandongowton/st...819830784?s=21
    I think the writing was on the wall when howie stepped in and hired those offensive guys and fired groh which Doug didnít want

Tbh I think both Doug and howie have to go. This is the 2nd straight head coach that howie has ended up with a bad relationship.

Thatís headed on a pattern

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    His responses in press conferences have been pretty weird this year. I wouldnít be surprised if he does want out. He wouldnít be unemployed for very long.
    New York jets. And with all the picks theyíll have once they unload darnold and what they already have from Jamal adams you may see them in the playoffs within 2 seasons

If dougs smart heíll take Schwartz with him too

Iíd foresee the jets making a remarkable turnaround with Doug and Trevor Lawrence

Like 7-9 level turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    While I donít think hurts is better than wentz this isnít true

Even if hurts is playing well in practice which btw during the regular season back up QBs get barely any reps in practice if any. Most times they throw for the scout team if they do

They wouldnít sit wentz. Itís not that simple. His contract has a dead cap of 65 million next year if we cut him and 25 if we trade him lol

So itís not as simple as ďif hurts was showing anything in practice heíd be in thereĒ especially when heís likely not getting any reps, let alone first team reps
    Heís get drives. Heíd be in the game plan more. Wentz would be off the field allowing Doug to open the playbook while heís in there, even in limited time.

Benching Wentz would be dumb, I didnít mean it in that way.

JH has done nothing in limited snaps, except fumble at a 20% clip.

If heís shown anything in practice, anything at all, he would already be on the field.

My guess is if he were to have to deal with what Wentz has, there would be no observable difference.
    We know this is not true. Doug plays favorites. Peters was still in there the entire game last week getting abused even though Mailata deserved it. Lj Fort showed more in TC and the preseason than anything Gerry ever did and Fort never saw the field.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    We know this is not true. Doug plays favorites. Peters was still in there the entire game last week getting abused even though Mailata deserved it. Lj Fort showed more in TC and the preseason than anything Gerry ever did and Fort never saw the field.
    Thereís nothing thatís been shown that would indicate weíd be in a better position with hurts, assuming he would also be dealing with everyone Wentz has on offense. Doug would probably make him throw it 40 times in the rain too while our rbís averaged 6+ypc.

Thereís nothing thatís been shown that would indicate weíd be in a better position with hurts, assuming he would also be dealing with everyone Wentz has on offense. Doug would probably make him throw it 40 times in the rain too while our rbís averaged 6+ypc.
    You never know how the backup will play. That is how it works. But, when a player is awful they bench that guy and give the backup a shot to see if he can do better. I don't understand this logic. If this was how everyone thought then no one would ever get benched for bad performance.

You never know how the backup will play. That is how it works. But, when a player is awful they bench that guy and give the backup a shot to see if he can do better. I don't understand this logic. If this was how everyone thought then no one would ever get benched for bad performance.
    If Carson wasnít in the worst qb situation in the nfl I would agree.

Starting hurts is a potential disaster. The only way it works out is if he shows himself to be an absolute star. Then you can kinda figure things out with wentz after

Otherwise if heís just mediocre, or bad, youíve severed your relationship with wentz and you donít exactly have his replacement

And while I do believe there will be a trade market for wentz. 49ers, colts, potentially the browns

Likely other teams that Iím not thinking of. There may be a market for him. Not for the price youíd like but for a price and some of the cap relief not all of it

I think for me personally I donít see hurts doing that. He has talent and leadership qualities so itís not impossible. But his arm and accuracy were never canít miss.

So unless you have another premier prospect lined up like Justin fields I really would rather a new coach swing on wentz. Somebody with unbiased eyes

Our entire roster has had biased eyes for 3 years now. We need new fresh eyes to look at these guys and be honest.

The eagles had 9 different OL combinations against the Browns.

Sunday will be there 10th different starting OL combination in 11 games.

Itís tough out here in the streets.
    Such a crazy year for injuries.

Also this is why I questioned paying Carson all last season. Until of course his final 4 games. But I questioned his actual quarterbacking ability. Not his talent. But the guy has always keyed on WRs. Now he just has rookies that donít know the game well enough and a line that canít hold up for him to scramble until someoneís open

Even in 2017 I saw a guy who was super athletic, with a big arm, and guys who won against their man. But the keying was still there. Hell even Nelson agholor or Alshon Jeffrey whoever that mole was said this

Carson has everything you want in a QB talent wise. Size, arm, mobility. But I question guys like him and josh Allen being able to dissect a defense

It is what it is. They paid him, now Iím just praying he turns it around or we get him a line that can hold up so he can key away lol and wait long enough for whoever heís keying on to get open

You bench Carson mid-way through a game or something when he is playing horribly. Then he is being held accountable for his bad play and hopefully in serves as a wake up call. If Hurts plays well then maybe it proves that it isn't the team, it is more on Wentz. If he doesn't play well then you go back to Wentz easily and hopefully it serves as a spark as it has with many in the past.

The worst argument is acting like benching Wentz is completely severing ties with him and that it will destroy him mentally. If getting benched and being held accountable when you are playing like the worst QB in the league ruins you then you are just mentally weak. If someone is that mentally weak then they are not a franchise QB.

Not too much of a SB winning coach to play to the teams strengths either, but here we sit.
    What are this team's strengths?

You bench Carson mid-way through a game or something when he is playing horribly. Then he is being held accountable for his bad play and hopefully in serves as a wake up call. If Hurts plays well then maybe it proves that it isn't the team, it is more on Wentz. If he doesn't play well then you go back to Wentz easily and hopefully it serves as a spark as it has with many in the past.

The worst argument is acting like benching Wentz is completely severing ties with him and that it will destroy him mentally. If getting benched and being held accountable when you are playing like the worst QB in the league ruins you then you are just mentally weak. If someone is that mentally weak then they are not a franchise QB.
    Nothing to do with mental weakness. How many times has this actually worked? Seriously? How often has a QB been benched and gone on to just have some illustrious career?

No being sarcastic serious question. It happened to mcnabb towards the end of his career

Benching guys especially vets isnít some majorly successful methodology from my memory

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    If you canít notice the defense running to the screen guys immediately then I canít help you. Itís as clear as day. They see it immediately post snap. Itís like theyíve known it better than us.
    I mean seriously we must be looking at different plays. First the front 7 follows the fake to Hurts. Then the safeties and LBs drop deep into their zones. This is not what a defense recognizing the screen looks like.