Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 235 of 341 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Does that mean the eagles have to rework his deal again? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Nobody has said pederson isnít a good coach.

Youíre trending on pre-2020 surf level of comprehension and making stuff up levels recently.

Itís a question of his offensive play calling ability, not a question of whether or not Doug is a football coach.

Itís also a bit more fair to evaluate Wentz surrounded by nfl talent, rather than what Philly has put on the field most of this season.
    Lol because you've got no real rebuttal.

Your excuses for Wentz are more than tiring right now. He's surrounded by nfl talent right now and you could argue that this is closer to the norm for him now that he has his big contract than in 2017 when he was on a stacked roster

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This is so funny to me. All of the sudden Pederson isn't a good coach even though he coached the Eagles to a Super Bowl a few years ago.

But yet Wentz can be good even though he was only played like 12 games that year and had no part of the postseason or Super Bowl success.

It's also funny that so many Eagles fans mention that season as to why they won't give up on Wentz but this season is discredited so far because "He could turn it around". He's played almost as many games this year as he did the season that y'all deemed he was a Gawd in Philly.
    I'm talking about the coaching staff as a whole. The coaching hasn't been good since 2017. Is it a coincidence they lost a bunch of coaches after the SB win and went downhill after? It seems very clear that Defilippo and Reich were a major influence on Wentz. Ever since those two left, his mechanics have gotten progressively worse. Ever since those two left the playcalling has got significantly worse. It is very clear that those two and Doug worked very well together. They each game planned and focused on a different area of offense. Without them Doug has looked clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I canít pinpoint anything. Wentz has been pretty bad, the surrounding talent has been terrible, and the coaching has been pretty lackluster as well.

Whatís the biggest problem? Hard to answer.

2017 was probably the perfect storm but itís not like Wentz was terrible in 2018 and 2019 where 2019 he had a bad group of talent too. Seemed like the coaching was also able to help aide with the lack of talent in 2019 too.

Due to 2017 basically being innury free and talent a plenty (more so than any other year) and this year being almost the polar opposite, itís hard to say what is real and what was an anomaly. Thatís why I look at the last two season. While not world beating, they were still decent years out of Carson and the Eagles. If more talent can come in (you can say that about a lot of teams, I know) and health is there, thatís why I still have hope with this team and Wentz turning it around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. That's more where i think he is too.... Derek Carr/ Andy Dalton with the Bengals type QB. Not going to wow you but will put up stay numbers. Probably be in the 10-15 range of QB most years that he's a starter

I will say, as an eagles fan Iíll laugh so hard if they start hurts and suddenly Doug runs the ball and puts the qb on the move

Your excuses for Wentz are more than tiring right now. He's surrounded by nfl talent right now and you could argue that this is closer to the norm for him now that he has his big contract than in 2017 when he was on a stacked roster
    No you couldnít. Even in 2018 and 2019 when I was very critical of him his stats were nowhere near whatever this is

They were definitely closer in relationship to 2017 than 2020

This is falling off a cliff

Wentz is in a bad situation this season, worse than 2019.

Wentz is also to blame for 2020.

Which part are you struggling with?

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    No his playcalling isnít good. Every single screen weíve run this year has been blown up. Why is that? The defense always knows itís coming. That means itís been seen on tape hundreds of times and opposing defenses see it coming
    How can you make statements like this and expect me to take your opinion seriously?

Has the screen game been successful? On average, no, but it was great as recently as the end of 2019. Why did it take defenses until this year to figure out our screen plays? It's somehow possible for Wentz to get sacked on a screen play. Let's blame Doug.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Iím assuming jack driscoll starts for the eagles at RT this week with lane officially out for the year?

Gonna be:
    LT mailata
    LG seamalo
    C kelce
    RG peters
    RT driscoll

So much shuffling on that offensive line..my god...

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Iím assuming jack driscoll starts for the eagles at RT this week with lane officially out for the year?

Gonna be:
    LT mailata
    LG seamalo
    C kelce
    RG peters
    RT driscoll

So much shuffling on that offensive line..my god...
    Yet Wentz just has to trust it...

Definitely makes things harder on him for sure

You'd think if he didn't trust it then he would prioritizing getting the ball out as quick as possible? But that would make too much sense, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    You'd think if he didn't trust it then he would prioritizing getting the ball out as quick as possible? But that would make too much sense, I guess.
    You act like our receivers win on every route, lol.

You act like our receivers win on every route, lol.
    They don't. That's why he needs to process things quicker mentally. It's not too much to ask of $30+ million/year QB.