Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 220 of 341 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm not sure who you mean with "all these guys". LJ Fort?

Rasul Douglas has been a lot more average recently and Sidney Jones, while having played well, is dealing with a soft tissue injury that also consistently delayed his progress in Philly. They weren't awful on the Eagles anyway, just not good enough as starters. Nelson Agholor's issues are mental; he played very well in 2017 and then got into his head. Ronald Darby played well on the Eagles but missed a lot of time due to injuries. I would have definitely re-signed him, especially at the contract the Football Team gave him.

All the young starters on OL also show that the coaching staff can develop talent.
    Darby was awful here, it wasn't just injuries. He was consistently burnt, now he is rated as a top 5 CB this season by PFF. Douglas and Jones have played well this year outside of Philly. Not sure all Agholor's issues are mental. He couldn't track a ball worth a **** in Philly and is suddenly a deep threat? Other guys who didn't do much here are carving out roles for themselves in other places like Devante Bausby, Chandon Sullivan, and LJ Fort.

Not to mention, other guys come here and get worse. Other than o-line this team has not developed any talent under Doug. Stoutland deserves a ton of praise there. But, largely this team is talentless when it comes to young players. They have not development much talent in recent drafts, that is on Howie and the coaching staff. Howie may not be a good talent evaluator but if they had a great coaching staff then certainly they would coach some of these guys up to be useful.

It is not just coaching up technique either. It is about putting these young guys in a position to succeed or use their best attributes. Reagor this year is a great example of how incompetent Doug is. A YAC guy with elite quickness and Doug does not scheme to get the ball in his hands. He is drawing up screens for Greg Ward, the slowest guy on the offense with little ability after the catch. Those are the exact type of plays they should be forcing to Reagor. Obviously there are other common complaints like getting Wentz on the move and rolling out of the pocket. Doug said he would do this more after the Giants game. He ran one rollout against the Browns and it didn't come until the 4th quarter. The one rollout resulted in a 8 yard completion. Jason Peters is very clearly completely washed up. He got abused by struggling DEs on Sunday. Yet, Doug said he is still the starter over Mailata who has played well this season and actually could be the future at LT. How do you defend that one? How in a lost season can you sit a young player who shows promise but needs playing time for a guy who is completely washed up and won't be back next year? That is a fireable offense alone to me. Shows how clueless Doug is.

If Burrow had played just one snap for the Eagles, BDawk would be blaming the coaches and lack of talent on offense.
    Really makes no sense. Burrow had rookie moment buts overall looks like he is going to be a star in this league. The guy has no o-line yet has helped the awful Bengals be competitive in nearly every game. Burrow had a 13-5 TD:INT ratio, in comparison Wentz is 14-14. Burrow had a 65.3% completion percentage compared to 58.4% for Wentz. Burrow had a 89.9 QB rating compared to 73.3 for Wentz. Burrow threw for 300+ yards in 5 of 9 games before his injury, Wentz has thrown for 300+ yards in 5 of his last 25 games. Burrow was a rookie, with an awful o-line, limited training camp, and no preseason. Yet, Burrow has still performed despite the difficult situation. To say Burrow has been awful is no only flat out wrong, but it is very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Darby was awful here, it wasn't just injuries. He was consistently burnt, now he is rated as a top 5 CB this season by PFF. Douglas and Jones have played well this year outside of Philly. Not sure all Agholor's issues are mental. He couldn't track a ball worth a **** in Philly and is suddenly a deep threat? Other guys who didn't do much here are carving out roles for themselves in other places like Devante Bausby, Chandon Sullivan, and LJ Fort.
    Darby wasn't awful. Did he get beat? Yes. Every CB gets beat. He was also constantly rehabbing from injuries. It's not surprising that he's playing much better now more than one year removed from his ACL injury.

Agholor caught plenty of deep balls in 2017. He also failed to track a few with the Raiders. As long as he doesn't let it affect him mentally, he should be fine.

Bausby and Sullivan were serviceable with us as well. It's just when they got cut our entire roster was filled with serviceable CBs.

Really makes no sense. Burrow had rookie moment buts overall looks like he is going to be a star in this league. The guy has no o-line yet has helped the awful Bengals be competitive in nearly every game. Burrow had a 13-5 TD:INT ratio, in comparison Wentz is 14-14. Burrow had a 65.3% completion percentage compared to 58.4% for Wentz. Burrow had a 89.9 QB rating compared to 73.3 for Wentz. Burrow threw for 300+ yards in 5 of 9 games before his injury, Wentz has thrown for 300+ yards in 5 of his last 25 games. Burrow was a rookie, with an awful o-line, limited training camp, and no preseason. Yet, Burrow has still performed despite the difficult situation. To say Burrow has been awful is no only flat out wrong, but it is very strange.
    Burrow has had moments, yes. Overall heís been bad in a bad situation, same as Wentz. I wouldnít necessarily say heís performed though, at least not much differently than Wentz.

Do I think burrow is a bad qb, not at all, just not going to blame him for being fed to the wolves like youíve done with Carson. Some of it is self inflicted, sure, but the sets more pointing to the eagles being bad than Carson.

Not to mention, other guys come here and get worse. Other than o-line this team has not developed any talent under Doug. Stoutland deserves a ton of praise there. But, largely this team is talentless when it comes to young players. They have not development much talent in recent drafts, that is on Howie and the coaching staff. Howie may not be a good talent evaluator but if they had a great coaching staff then certainly they would coach some of these guys up to be useful.

It is not just coaching up technique either. It is about putting these young guys in a position to succeed or use their best attributes. Reagor this year is a great example of how incompetent Doug is. A YAC guy with elite quickness and Doug does not scheme to get the ball in his hands. He is drawing up screens for Greg Ward, the slowest guy on the offense with little ability after the catch. Those are the exact type of plays they should be forcing to Reagor. Obviously there are other common complaints like getting Wentz on the move and rolling out of the pocket. Doug said he would do this more after the Giants game. He ran one rollout against the Browns and it didn't come until the 4th quarter. The one rollout resulted in a 8 yard completion. Jason Peters is very clearly completely washed up. He got abused by struggling DEs on Sunday. Yet, Doug said he is still the starter over Mailata who has played well this season and actually could be the future at LT. How do you defend that one? How in a lost season can you sit a young player who shows promise but needs playing time for a guy who is completely washed up and won't be back next year? That is a fireable offense alone to me. Shows how clueless Doug is.
    Your last paragraph is why I canít put all the blame on 11. Itís spot on.

Doug is a great coach by all accounts, but heís not the guy to call this offense.

Darby wasn't awful. Did he get beat? Yes. Every CB gets beat. He was also constantly rehabbing from injuries. It's not surprising that he's playing much better now more than one year removed from his ACL injury.

Agholor caught plenty of deep balls in 2017. He also failed to track a few with the Raiders. As long as he doesn't let it affect him mentally, he should be fine.

Bausby and Sullivan were serviceable with us as well. It's just when they got cut our entire roster was filled with serviceable CBs.
    Darby was awful on Philly. You are right in why though, heís playing better because heís finally healthy. I donít blame Philly from moving on.

Itís also very fitting that in 2 of the Raiders losses this year NA had a game deciding drop in the 4th.

Oh I disagree big time. Darby was god awful. He didn't just get beat time to time. He was consistently beat deep. He had a great rookie year in Buffalo, fell off a bit in his second year, then was just flat out bad with the Eagles. He ranked 127th out of 130 CBs in 2019 with the Eagles per PFF. Those other guys weren't exactly serviceable with the Eagles or they would've carved out a role considering the Eagles haven't had good CB play in what? Over 10 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Burrow has had moments, yes. Overall heís been bad in a bad situation, same as Wentz. I wouldnít necessarily say heís performed though, at least not much differently than Wentz.

Do I think burrow is a bad qb, not at all, just not going to blame him for being fed to the wolves like youíve done with Carson. Some of it is self inflicted, sure, but the sets more pointing to the eagles being bad than Carson.
    How has Burrow been bad?

How has Burrow been bad?
    Maybe bad is the wrong word, more meh I guess. Honestly itís what I expected with whatís around him. I just donít look at him and think, man that burrow is outperforming his situation nor do I think he should be.

How has Burrow been bad?
    Also a tad disingenuous with the 300 yard games.

He threw 61 times in 1. 299 in another. Was down 21 in a third and still never threw a TD.

Heís been under 200 quite a few times.

Heís been, meh.

Oh I disagree big time. Darby was god awful. He didn't just get beat time to time. He was consistently beat deep. He had a great rookie year in Buffalo, fell off a bit in his second year, then was just flat out bad with the Eagles. He ranked 127th out of 130 CBs in 2019 with the Eagles per PFF. Those other guys weren't exactly serviceable with the Eagles or they would've carved out a role considering the Eagles haven't had good CB play in what? Over 10 years at least.
    Not sure why you would only reference his 2019 grade.

2017: 79.9
    2018: 70.6
    2019: 44.8
    2020: 78.6 (so far)

It usually takes a player one season to return to base level of play after an ACL injury. If they can return at all, that is. But Darby is only 26, so him returning to 2017/2018 level of play isn't surprising. Bad move by Howie not to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Also a tad disingenuous with the 300 yard games.

He threw 61 times in 1. 299 in another. Was down 21 in a third and still never threw a TD.

Heís been under 200 quite a few times.

Heís been, meh.
    Sttttttaaaaattzzzz.

Dude. Considering their experience and surroundings, Burrow has been a HOFer compared to Wentz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/statu...333510659?s=21

People are speculating that someone at the Cowboys facility had a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonmachota/statu...333510659?s=21

People are speculating that someone at the Cowboys facility had a heart attack.

Dang.

Iím willing for Carson to get another chance if we get new eyes on him. Whether it be Carson or Doug we canít run it back with the both of them

Also I agree with eagles3658 about reagor

Itís been bothering me since game 1

Heís not a route tree guy. I have no clue why weíre using him that way. Not to mention we didnít use him deep even a little bit against Cleveland

But I havenít see reagor given the ball in 1 advantageous position. He should be going in motion, taking handoffs, bubbles, swings, crossing routes, hitches

Thatís his game. Heís being so misused itís frustrating.

Give me Ryan day or Lincoln Riley both young offensive minds with no chip Kelly egos

But best of all give me a humbled Doug who chooses to hire an OC not because heís forced but because he wants the help

Guy is a great head coach but believed his own hype. If he gets humbled this year Iím happy. Let him stay with him turning over duties to a fun offensive mind like graham harrell