Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 209 of 341 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 5111
    The Broncos probably should have taken Jefferson as well but Jeudy was a Top 3 WR consensus pick so what can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Broncos probably should have taken Jefferson as well but Jeudy was a Top 3 WR consensus pick so what can you do?
    And the raiders ďshouldaĒ taken Justin Jefferson over Henry ruggs but hey, ruggs was a consensus top 3 WR in the draft so their hands were tied

Can Justin Jefferson call plays?

Jeudy has looked good though too and was expected to go in the first. Most thought Reagor was a second round pick. Thatís the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Can Justin Jefferson call plays?
    I think so. But itís 4 verts every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Jeudy has looked good though too and was expected to go in the first. Most thought Reagor was a second round pick. Thatís the thing.
    DK Metcalf was a consensus late first / second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    All the mocks I read had him in the 1st so thatís not true.

Sure they had him behind jefferson on most of the mocks I read

But hey claypool was drafted after all of them and looks to have the most potential.

Were the rest of the teams that drafted a WR stupid for not taking claypool. I mean he has more potential than even Jefferson. Should they have taken him instead

The draft isnít an exact science. Yes itís possible reagor never stays healthy, never plays even close to the others

Oh well move on. Take another WR down the road. Or maybe he improves and becomes comparable who knows. I donít. Itís early. He had a short camp and has been injured for most of the season. So he hasnít really been with the team all that much lol

If Lurie fires Doug but keeps Howie and/or Carson, I'm done as a fan.
    Iím actually of the mind either Carson or Doug need to go.

Iím pretty set on howie needing to go. But in terms of Doug and Carson Iíd kinda like to either

A) see Doug with a different QB

b) Carson with a different coach

I donít want both gone I think thatís rash. If Doug stays though he needs an OC plain and simple. No more playcalling. If I have to listen to one more press conference where he tells me that he didnít know how many running plays weíve ran, or how many passing plays, or situationally whatís going on Iím going to explode

Andy has had Doug, bienemy for a reason. You need a good OC. Even if you want to call plays (which I donít think he should) but you need a real OC to actually keep you organized during the week and on game day offensively

The head coach has 9,000 responsibilities. Play calling on top of it means you need help

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    All the mocks I read had him in the 1st so thatís not true.

Sure they had him behind jefferson on most of the mocks I read

But hey claypool was drafted after all of them and looks to have the most potential.

Were the rest of the teams that drafted a WR stupid for not taking claypool. I mean he has more potential than even Jefferson. Should they have taken him instead

The draft isnít an exact science. Yes itís possible reagor never stays healthy, never plays even close to the others

Oh well move on. Take another WR down the road. Or maybe he improves and becomes comparable who knows. I donít. Itís early. He had a short camp and has been injured for most of the season. So he hasnít really been with the team all that much lol
    Yeah most had Justin Jefferson going before reagor but I think a lot of teams looked at reagor as a pick somewhere in the 20s.

This guy actually mocked reagor to the eagles at #21

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierl...p3000001110679

Iím pretty set on howie needing to go. But in terms of Doug and Carson Iíd kinda like to either

I donít want both gone I think thatís rash. If Doug stays though he needs an OC plain and simple. No more playcalling. If I have to listen to one more press conference where he tells me that he didnít know how many running plays weíve ran, or how many passing plays, or situationally whatís going on Iím going to explode

Andy has had Doug, bienemy for a reason. You need a good OC. Even if you want to call plays (which I donít think he should) but you need a real OC to actually keep you organized during the week and on game day offensively

The head coach has 9,000 responsibilities. Play calling on top of it means you need help
    I also think a change needs to be made. It looks like to me like Doug and Carson just arenít a great fit together. Iím not blaming one guy over the other, itís likely a bit of both. I think both guys might be more successful working with another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    JJAW has COVID.

Sadly itís the only thing heís caught this season.
    Oh kj...

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I also think a change needs to be made. It looks like to me like Doug and Carson just arenít a great fit together. Iím not blaming one guy over the other, itís likely a bit of both. I think both guys might be more successful working with another guy.
    Completely agree

And honestly thereís only one way to kinda know. And that would be for Carson to miss a game and hurts to go in

I donít want it nor am I advocating for it

Iím just saying that right now thereís a conundrum

I lean towards grabbing a young coach like Ryan Day from Ohio state whoís an offensive mind and seeing what he does. Heís been touted as a QB guy

But if Carson were to letís say have the sniffles and have to miss one game, I think weíd learn a lot. Nothing final because well... QBs can come in and have 1 good game and have it mean nothing

But thereís some weird stuff going on. And I think itís largely wentz and Doug. And arguably wentz and Philadelphia. But definitely both could use a divorce imo

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Eagles fans are never objective when it comes to Wentz and it is very weird. It's like they care about Wentz more than the team and take anything against Wentz as an insult and will defend Wentz with their life. They will throw the whole team under the bus before Wentz even when Wentz is the problem.

You realize me saying the situation hasn't been that bad is actually complimenting the play of most of the backups. Mailata looks like he could be the LT of the future, Herbig has been solid, even Driscoll has looked good when he has been in there. Fulgham has been one of the few bright spots and looks like a legit very good WR, Reagor has showed potential, even Hightower has shown he can get open deep even if he has a lot of things to work on. Goedert has been hurt but has looked like the future and hell, even Richard Rodgers has looked really good. Not to mention, Miles Sanders is a stud and the o-line has been pretty good at run blocking as a whole. This is all positive things that people refuse to admit because it might make their lord and savior Carson Wentz look bad.
    You can't possibly be this naive when talking about the offensive lines play. Like what exactly are you watching? Mailata was so bad in camp that he was on the verge of being cut if not for injuries and Peters has arguably played worse than Mailata. Guys have been shuffled in and out on a weekly basis, but sure they've been just fine. How bout you just admit you have an irrational hatred for Carson and just move on.

I don't know how anyone can watch the Super Bowl win and think Doug is a bad play-caller.

I'm aware there's now this revisionist history going on that Frank Reich was responsible for the success of the Eagles offense, but the Colts offense isn't looking too hot either despite having better talent this season.

As for Reid and Bieniemy, Andy's still calling the plays.

If we get rid of either Doug or Carson or both, I'm much more confident in Pederson having success with another team (as OC or HC) than Wentz having success on another team.

By the way, watching press conferences is pointless. The only time someone tells the truth in these circumstance is when they gaffe.

As for the run-pass ration, at least in our offense, it's largely determined by the QB at the line and his decision-making based on defensive personnel. Foles had a much higher propensity for deciding on run even when trailing in score. Of course he also had the Brooks-Johnson right side of the OL which pretty much guaranteed positive yards.

I lean towards grabbing a young coach like Ryan Day from Ohio state whoís an offensive mind and seeing what he does. Heís been touted as a QB guy
    He's also have familiarity with the Eagles organization. Not sure he'd be interested if Howie sticks around.