Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 112 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3580
  1. #1666
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,754

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I thought the criticism was apt even when it happened.

    It's not a new development that Wentz wants to do too much when the pressure is on him. In 2017 this usually led to big plays, but it also leads to sacks, turnovers, and injuries.

    Obviously as an Eagles fan I want him to succeed but I can't keep defending this in year 5, especially with Jalen Hurts sitting on the bench.

    And also obviously our OL was really bad, but there are plenty of QBs who play behind bad OLs who don't turn into headless chickens.

    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Wentz enters the concussion protocol this week, because he played like he was concussed.
    It is legit criticism that Iíve always agreed is an issue of his. No arguments there.

    What I think was ridiculous is that people actually believed that a WR was calling for wentz to check down more. Maybe it was a coach or a defensive player or a media member that floated that rumor, but I doubt a WR was saying that. Usually WRs want more targets down the field, not for the QB to dump the ball off to the RB or TE in the flat. Iíd say WRs prefer gun slingers like wentz. I was a WR (though obviously at a different level) and I wish that my QB hit the check down less.lol
    Last edited by QQQ; 09-14-2020 at 08:25 AM.

  2. #1667
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,184
    Take in Washington has a better record than Philly or Dallas right now but Giants have not played yet

  3. #1668
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Take in Washington has a better record than Philly or Dallas right now but Giants have not played yet
    With the way the rest of 2020 has gone I would not be surprised if Washington smokes everyone in the NFC and runs away with the division.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1669
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    With the way the rest of 2020 has gone I would not be surprised if Washington smokes everyone in the NFC and runs away with the division.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They might even be worthy of getting a team name if that happens

  5. #1670
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    89,207
    Injury trade scenario:

    Ertz for Zack Martin

    Who says no?

  6. #1671
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Injury trade scenario:

    Ertz for Zack Martin

    Who says no?
    Hmmmm....I'm tempted to say Cowboys, but Ertz helps them so much. Plus Jerry can pay another guy before Dak so it's a win win.

    I think something would need to be added to Ertz like a 2nd or 3+6 given how good Martin is. But it's an interesting proposal since the Cowboys have depth on OL and can trade one and be ok. Ertz overall is a situation to keep an eye on. Sounds like he's not ready to have his role reduced that much and the Eagles sound a bit like they are ready to move on. I wouldn't be shocked if he asks for a release or trade quietly.

  7. #1672
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Well the play that Gallup got called for a penalty was longer than 10 yards. The Rams have a very good and balanced defense. They took away a lot of the deep routes. Dak took what was available to him, which was usually Zeke.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Dak looked pretty good . He didnít set the world on fire but he put the ball where he wanted for the most part . I thought the team in general looked ok . It was refreshing to see the defense actually make in game adjustments. LVE really screws things up when you add McCoy to the list but itís not like they got mud stomped . Diggs actually looked good for his first start with no pre season . He have up to big completions but he was all over it . They were perfect passes and great catches . Awuzie didnít look great . And my god MM not kicking to toe the game? I had my buddies at work laughing I said different coach same Cowboy hangover from a prime time loss ... Iím just going to sleep next time .

  8. #1673
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    89,207
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I thought Dak looked pretty good . He didnít set the world on fire but he put the ball where he wanted for the most part . I thought the team in general looked ok . It was refreshing to see the defense actually make in game adjustments. LVE really screws things up when you add McCoy to the list but itís not like they got mud stomped . Diggs actually looked good for his first start with no pre season . He have up to big completions but he was all over it . They were perfect passes and great catches . Awuzie didnít look great . And my god MM not kicking to toe the game? I had my buddies at work laughing I said different coach same Cowboy hangover from a prime time loss ... Iím just going to sleep next time .
    Me too.

    Iím too old for this torment.

  9. #1674
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Injury trade scenario:

    Ertz for Zack Martin

    Who says no?
    Not a chance in hell.

  10. #1675
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    89,207
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Not a chance in hell.
    Who says no?

  11. #1676
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,886
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Injury trade scenario:

    Ertz for Zack Martin

    Who says no?
    For Geodert maybe. For Zack Martin thatís where the negotiations would start.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1677
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    For Geodert maybe. For Zack Martin thatís where the negotiations would start.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eagles arenít giving up goedert and Dallas isnít giving up Martin

  13. #1678
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,886
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Eagles arenít giving up goedert and Dallas isnít giving up Martin
    Exactly my point


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1679
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok so my unsolicited Carson Wentz take:

    Peterson does not seem to be getting him a lot of good looks that are also easy looks. On top of that Carson looks to be pressing for plays but isn't stepping up in the pocket.

    Coaching wise I think Doug needs to get Carson some easy success plays with the ball coming out quick. Line up Reagor in trips behind Ertz and Goedert and throw a quick screen. Get a TE screen going. Force Carson into some plays where they ball has to come out hot and fast.

    As far as Wentz goes he's got to work on getting a rhythm before worrying about hitting the HR ball. He hits one at times and gets too fixated on hitting it every time. He's got to take some easy swing routes for 3-4 yards, matriculate the ball down the field. Get it into your guys hands and let them make a play for you.

    Until then it doesn't matter how good the running game is or how good the OL is. This is on the combination of those two guys getting settled early with play calling and game managing.
    If you watched the offense with Nick Foles, it's not a Doug Pederson problem.

    Of course Foles also had the much better OL compared to Wentz on Sunday.

    But still, Wentz rarely checking down doesn't mean Pederson has no check-downs in his offense. Same goes for quick throws.

  15. #1680
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    61,354
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If you watched the offense with Nick Foles, it's not a Doug Pederson problem.

    Of course Foles also had the much better OL compared to Wentz on Sunday.

    But still, Wentz rarely checking down doesn't mean Pederson has no check-downs in his offense. Same goes for quick throws.
    I was questioning less whatís in the play and more what is called. The offense always seems to take a slightly different beat with a different QB. Maybe the Pederson-Wentz match just isnít great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •