Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Brandon Brooks over Martin if I were splitting hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't agree with this. Hard to put him above the two that made it
    Eh, it wouldn't be "hard" per say, but I'm not exactly upset either.

I don't agree with this. Hard to put him above the two that made it
    Jason kelce shoulda made it over Mack in my opinion, pouncey I can see though.

Your baby can't do this

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Thing about Jason kelce is he was a 6th round draft pick so they take a lot longer to get recognition than earlier round picks, especially for offensive lineman. Mack was a 1st round draft pick so he got the recognition right away.

Also, for some weird reason Jason kelce wasnít named to the pro bowl in both 2017 and 2018 despite being 1st team all pro in both seasons. Those pro bowl snubs in my opinion made a huge difference in him missing this all decade team

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Brandon Brooks over Martin if I were splitting hairs.
    Iíd say Jason kelce was a lot more deserving of making the all decade team than Brandon brooks. Zack Martin has been better than brooks for longer, though recently thatís changed in my opinion.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eh, it wouldn't be "hard" per say, but I'm not exactly upset either.
    Maybe hard wasn't the right word to use. There were just 3 very good players for only 2 spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Jason kelce shoulda made it over Mack in my opinion, pouncey I can see though.
    Kelce is a 3 time first team all pro and has 3 pro bowl appearances. Mack is a 3 time second team all pro and has 6 pro bowl selections. The reason I don't think Kelce should have made it over Mack is because Kelce really didn't become thought of as one of the best centers until the end of the decade. 5 of his 6 honors have come in the last 3 years. Mack has had those honors pretty consistently throughout the decade. And when you're picking a guy to make an All-Decade team, those things matter.

And I'm not saying that Kelce wasn't good until 3 years ago... He just hadn't risen to prominence at a national level until around that time.

Witten most assuredly should not be on an all decade team lol. He was very good for a lot of years but was never top 3 at his position
    This is not who was the best player to play in the decade but rather who had the most productive decade.

Kelce had 507 receptions
    Witten had 692receptions

Kelce had 6456 yards
    Witten had 7102 yards

Kelce had 37 TDs
    Witten had 45 TDs

Of course Witten played more which is a pro and not a con for a all decade debate.

I actually think Graham got snubbed. Iíd put him as the all decade TE over Kelce and Witten.

He and Gronk were easily the most productive TEs from 2010-2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This is not who was the best player to play in the decade but rather who had the most productive decade.

Kelce had 507 receptions
    Witten had 692receptions

Kelce had 6456 yards
    Witten had 7102 yards

Kelce had 37 TDs
    Witten had 45 TDs

Of course Witten played more which is a pro and not a con for a all decade debate.
    Witten had 2 all pro awards in this decade
    Kelce had 4 all pro awards in this decade

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I actually think Graham got snubbed. Iíd put him as the all decade TE over Kelce and Witten.

He and Gronk were easily the most productive TEs from 2010-2019.

I'd kinda agree with that lol

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post

Kelce had 507 receptions
    Witten had 692receptions

Kelce had 6456 yards
    Witten had 7102 yards

Kelce had 37 TDs
    Witten had 45 TDs

And if these are the numbers you want to use, Witten isnít even in the discussion against Graham.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I'd kinda agree with that lol
    His biggest issue was he was always out a few games a year it seemed making him somewhat inconsistent.

Maybe hard wasn't the right word to use. There were just 3 very good players for only 2 spots.Kelce is a 3 time first team all pro and has 3 pro bowl appearances. Mack is a 3 time second team all pro and has 6 pro bowl selections. The reason I don't think Kelce should have made it over Mack is because Kelce really didn't become thought of as one of the best centers until the end of the decade. 5 of his 6 honors have come in the last 3 years. Mack has had those honors pretty consistently throughout the decade. And when you're picking a guy to make an All-Decade team, those things matter.

And I'm not saying that Kelce wasn't good until 3 years ago... He just hadn't risen to prominence at a national level until around that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thing about Jason kelce is he was a 6th round draft pick so they take a lot longer to get recognition than earlier round picks, especially for offensive lineman. Mack was a 1st round draft pick so he got the recognition right away.

Also, for some weird reason Jason kelce wasnít named to the pro bowl in both 2017 and 2018 despite being 1st team all pro in both seasons. Those pro bowl snubs in my opinion made a huge difference in him missing this all decade team
    Thatís a good response to your comment, I donít think you read it before you posted

Edit: so just to clarify if Jason kelce did make those two pro bowls that he definitely deserved, would you complain if he made it in as a guy with 3 first team all pros and 5 Pro bowls compared to 3 second team all pros and 6 pro bowls for Mack?
    Last edited by jaydubb; 04-07-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    And if these are the numbers you want to use, Witten isnít even in the discussion against Graham.

I canít argue with that honestly. For most this isnít an issue but Witten was actually a great blocker. The importance of run blocking and helping in pass protection is something the average fan doesnít understand.
    Graham actually grieved that he wasnít even a TE that he was actually a slot receiver.
    But yes his receiving numbers were definitely better.

Witten is like the 4th best tight end of the decade in my opinion. Pretty damn good player

Your baby can't do this

Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast