Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 155 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2324
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This 38 year old was left for dead in the ***** pile. Nobody wanted him. Then an injury happens and luckily for him he has a job now.
    Now another injury happens and this dead guy is trying to use it as leverage to make more money weeks before the season???
    He signed with the intention of playing an easier position. If your boss expected you to perform at a higher level, wouldn't you want to be compensated at that rate?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He signed with the intention of playing an easier position. If your boss expected you to perform at a higher level, wouldn't you want to be compensated at that rate?
    So if the starting QB gets a season ending injury a few weeks before the season the backup can immediately ask for a raise claiming his job just got a lot harder?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    So if the starting QB gets a season ending injury a few weeks before the season the backup can immediately ask for a raise claiming his job just got a lot harder?
    Yes. You can ask for a raise pretty much whenever you want for whatever reason. Your boss doesn't have to comply. The difference here is Peters is a great, long time Eagle who has done a lot for that franchise. Hes honestly given them discounts for a few years now and then did them a favor by not retiring and moving to OG due to injuries. If he decides to retire instead of playing LT at his current rate it wouldn't impact him in the slightest, whereas the Eagles would have possibly the worst OL in the league.

Yes. You can ask for a raise pretty much whenever you want for whatever reason. Your boss doesn't have to comply. The difference here is Peters is a great, long time Eagle who has done a lot for that franchise. Hes honestly given them discounts for a few years now and then did them a favor by not retiring and moving to OG due to injuries. If he decides to retire instead of playing LT at his current rate it wouldn't impact him in the slightest, whereas the Eagles would have possibly the worst OL in the league.
    Yup.

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Canít really blame Jason Peters for wanting more money. The eagles tried to make a move that benefit them with going with the younger Andre Dillard this offseason and now JP is trying to make a move that benefits him by asking for more money. Itís a business, both sides looking out for themselves is understandable.

I also wouldnít blame the eagles if they donít give JP the extra money because if they do that will set a bad precedent for future players to take advantage of. My expectation for the eagles is they keep JP at RG (where I think he will be most effective at this point in his career) and the eagles will either find someone else on the roster to start at LT or bring someone else in via free agency or trade to play LT.

Hopefully they can build a time machine and trade for Trent Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    And those negatives about JG mostly seem like head coach decisions unless judge completely hands the offense over to Garrett which I donít thibk he will (judge used to be a QB himself so Iím assuming he will want at least some control of the offense). I really think Jason Garrett could be a good offensive coordinator, cut out the bad things and leave the good things that heís used for.
    Yeah exactly he wonít have say on most of the things he sucked at. I do think it will largely be his offense though. Judge will obviously have influence but Garrett is going to be calling the plays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Yeah exactly he wonít have say on most of the things he sucked at. I do think it will largely be his offense though. Judge will obviously have influence but Garrett is going to be calling the plays

Thatís what I was thinking too, Garrett will have play calling duties for the most part but when it comes to going for it on 4th down, running the clock out, when to pull out a trick play etc, those kinda decisions will go through judge in my opinion. The philosophy of the offense wonít exactly be all on Jason Garrett either in my opinion. For example, Jason Garrett would run on 1st down 95% of the time in Dallas, Iím not sure we will see that in New York because Garrett wonít be the top guy anymore

Whats going on Philly?

Damn, sucks for Reagor. Hopefully itís not serious.

As for Peters, I can understand him wanting more money (especially if Eagles have the cap space to give it to him). But the question is, will the Eagles give it to him and if they donít how will he react? He clearly was already retired. If they donít give him what he wants does he just say **** it, Iím going home?

The whole thing is so strange on so many levels. This actually might be unprecedented.
    While good left tackles generally make more then guards there really isnít much of a difference.
    The money Peters is making ranks him 30th among left tackles. As a guard the money he was making ranked him 40th.
    I really hope he gets more money though. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Damn, sucks for Reagor. Hopefully itís not serious.

As for Peters, I can understand him wanting more money (especially if Eagles have the cap space to give it to him). But the question is, will the Eagles give it to him and if they donít how will he react? He clearly was already retired. If they donít give him what he wants does he just say **** it, Iím going home?

He wasnít retired, lol.

Itís highly likely he wonít even move over to LT, they seem to like what Driscoll can do.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Whats going on Philly?

That's pretty much what derailed Cam's career after his MVP season. He threw a pick because Kelvin's fat *** didn't know how to use his frame, then Kelvin half assed a tackle attempt and cam hurt his shoulder trying to make the tackle. I feel like that exact scenario is a common nfl shoulder injury.

Report say that Reagor will be out 4 weeks but no surgery is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/...340690432?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I also saw somewhere that the eagles are looking for a 2nd opinion.

I think he for sure misses the Washington game, but then after that he could be back for the Rams or bengals. Gonna be tough because the eagles are gonna be missing alshon Jeffery to start the season also..

Itís basically gonna be Djack and a bunch of late round rookies or 2nd year WRs for the first few weeks.