Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Witten is like the 4th best tight end of the decade in my opinion. Pretty damn good player
    You might be right. What makes him so amazing too is that he was probably top 4 in the previous decade as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    You might be right. What makes him so amazing too is that he was probably top 4 in the previous decade as well.
    Agreed

Your baby can't do this

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

And I agree about how important blocking is for a tight end. Thatís something that is underrated for a tight end. Itís part of the reason I think Dallas goedert might actually have a higher ceiling than Zach ertz

Your baby can't do this

And I agree about how important blocking is for a tight end. Thatís something that is underrated for a tight end. Itís part of the reason I think Dallas goedert might actually have a higher ceiling than Zach ertz
    I saw on a site somewhere that Goedert was already ranked in the top 5 in blocking tight ends.

Thatís a good response to your comment, I donít think you read it before you posted

Edit: so just to clarify if Jason kelce did make those two pro bowls that he definitely deserved, would you complain if he made it in as a guy with 3 first team all pros and 5 Pro bowls compared to 3 second team all pros and 6 pro bowls for Mack?
    No matter which 2 of the 3 made it, I wouldn't complain. Someone being "Snubbed" means they should have clearly made it over someone else. I disagree that it was so cut and dry that Kelce should have made it over either of the two that did.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    No matter which 2 of the 3 made it, I wouldn't complain. Someone being "Snubbed" means they should have clearly made it over someone else. I disagree that it was so cut and dry that Kelce should have made it over either of the two that did.
    Fair enough

Your baby can't do this

I saw on a site somewhere that Goedert was already ranked in the top 5 in blocking tight ends.
    Blocking for sure Iíd agree. He had some downright nasty blocks this year. Heís still a little inconsistent catching the ball though, sometimes he will make a crazy highlight worthy catch and other times he will drop an easy pass that is dropped right in his bread basket

Your baby can't do this

Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I don't agree with this. Hard to put him above the two that made it
    Kelce should absolutely have made it over Mack. 3-time 1st team All-Pro literally means he was the best center for a third of his career. Plus he had an elite year in 2013, too. Not getting any recognition until later in his career doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the All-Decade honors.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I actually think Graham got snubbed. Iíd put him as the all decade TE over Kelce and Witten.

He and Gronk were easily the most productive TEs from 2010-2019.
    Receiving yards, sure. But in New Orleans Graham played the majority of his snaps lined up wide or in the slot. He even tried to get classified as a WR when the Saints put the franchise tag on him. When the Seahawks asked him to block more, he was terrible at it.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Receiving yards, sure. But in New Orleans Graham played the majority of his snaps lined up wide or in the slot. He even tried to get classified as a WR when the Saints put the franchise tag on him. When the Seahawks asked him to block more, he was terrible at it.
    Oh I know he was always a terrible blocker and not much else other than scoring and receiving but the dude was pretty elite at that. Regardless, he was still classified as a TE.

His offensive numbers were elite for the decade and I donít his blocking woes should overshadow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Kelce should absolutely have made it over Mack. 3-time 1st team All-Pro literally means he was the best center for a third of his career. Plus he had an elite year in 2013, too. Not getting any recognition until later in his career doesn't mean he doesn't deserve the All-Decade honors.
    Again, I disagree. Two of the years that Mack was second team All-Pro, Ryan Kalil and Travis Frederick took home first team honors.

Kalil was a 2 time first team All-Pro and made the second team All-Pro once. He also made 4 Pro Bowls during the decade.

Frederick was a one time first team All-Pro and made the second team All-Pro twice. He made 5 Pro Bowls in the decade.

I don't think that you can argue that Kelce should have made it over Kalil tbh. Especially when you consider that the year he got second team All-Pro, Pouncey got first team All-Pro.

So this is what I'm talking about. The lines that separate the great tackles are so thin that you can't really definitively say which one deserved to make it. Especially when Kelce's closest competition this year was Rodney Hudson who's really good but not the same caliber of player as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Oh I know he was always a terrible blocker and not much else other than scoring and receiving but the dude was pretty elite at that. Regardless, he was still classified as a TE.

His offensive numbers were elite for the decade and I donít his blocking woes should overshadow them.

Tight end blocking is important though. Teams run the ball almost half the time. To be almost useless half the time is not trivial.

Tight end blocking is important though. Teams run the ball almost half the time. To be almost useless half the time is not trivial.
    If the offense is that much better than your peers though?

Gronk is number 1 with no argument.

I could see any combo of Kelce, Witten, Graham for 2nd but I leave heavy Graham with his offensive output. Graham was a guy teams planned for. Kelce to an extent later on too. Witten was absolutely the most well rounded, but falls decently short on the average offensive output.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I almost forgot graham and how dominant he was. Yep, thatís my vote with gronk.

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast