Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 339 of 341 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 5111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Justin Fields had a subpar game IMO.
    That Alabama defense is ****in tough... that being said, I think fields might be overrated. I dont think an Ohio state quarterback has ever been successful in the nfl. Not saying that its impossible, it just goes to show that Ohio state QBs are more just part of a system than they are actually elevating talent around them.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    That Alabama defense is ****in tough... that being said, I think fields might be overrated. I dont think an Ohio state quarterback has ever been successful in the nfl. Not saying that its impossible, it just goes to show that Ohio state QBs are more just part of a system than they are actually elevating talent around them.
    While Im not the biggest fan of fields, similar things were said about lsu, Oregon and Texas tech

Look at burrow, Herbert and mahomes

I mean forever Texas tech was a stay away from QB school because of the air raid offense

I think its just harder to discern prospects from schools that have that much talent and a system because it hides flaws for lesser prospects which gets those guys drafted higher so the great prospects get called into question

I mean Troy smith, Dwayne Haskins, jt Barrett

Justin fields is quite a step above all those guys as a prospect. I believe fields success or failure will entirely be based on where hes drafted. He has all the tools and intangibles

Just needs the right coach and franchise

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    While Im not the biggest fan of fields, similar things were said about lsu, Oregon and Texas tech

Look at burrow, Herbert and mahomes

I mean forever Texas tech was a stay away from QB school because of the air raid offense

I think its just harder to discern prospects from schools that have that much talent and a system because it hides flaws for lesser prospects which gets those guys drafted higher so the great prospects get called into question

I mean Troy smith, Dwayne Haskins, jt Barrett

Justin fields is quite a step above all those guys as a prospect. I believe fields success or failure will entirely be based on where hes drafted. He has all the tools and intangibles

Just needs the right coach and franchise
    True, and I agree, still makes me hesitate a bit if Im a team inside the top 5. Obviously you still take a good hard look at him. I havent watched a lot of actual game tape on him to be honest. I need to start watching more film on some of these QB specs as we get closer to the draft.

Agreed. Yeah that looks like a good fit for the cowboys, taking best defensive player available at #10. Patrick surtain and trevon diggs will be a nice young duo with a lot of upside. Get some good pass rushers and theyd be even better. Its weird what happened to smith and vander esch, they were looking like two of the best young linebackers in the league and all of a sudden now they look lost.. you think thats partly because of the wacky scheme Nolan brought in combined with a very short training camp? Vander esch especially I thought very highly of. I mean Im not complaining that theyve been ***..lol but I wonder if theyd be much better in a Dan Quinn defense that would probably fit their style of play better
    Im honestly not sure that either Smith or LVE will fit Quinns defense. Typically hes preferred smaller faster LBs. I think LVE can play in that system but he has to stay healthy. Im not sure what to think of Smith at this point.

There is a rumor that the Cowboys are going to ask Smith to take a pay cut and if he doesnt they will release him. Ultimately I think that will come down to if Quinn thinks he will be good in his defense. As long as they get a full training camp (actually on the field) then I think the LBs and everyone else that looked completely lost will look a lot better. Not only were the guys learning a new defensive scheme they were trying to learn it through Zoom meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Im honestly not sure that either Smith or LVE will fit Quinns defense. Typically hes preferred smaller faster LBs. I think LVE can play in that system but he has to stay healthy. Im not sure what to think of Smith at this point.

There is a rumor that the Cowboys are going to ask Smith to take a pay cut and if he doesnt they will release him. Ultimately I think that will come down to if Quinn thinks he will be good in his defense. As long as they get a full training camp (actually on the field) then I think the LBs and everyone else that looked completely lost will look a lot better. Not only were the guys learning a new defensive scheme they were trying to learn it through Zoom meetings.

Man Micah parsons might be exactly what you guys need.. Im hoping he goes before #10.lol

I think the 'smaller' part came about because that's how you used to get quick LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think the 'smaller' part came about because that's how you used to get quick LB's.
    True, and thats why I think LVE might be able to work in Quinns system if he can stay healthy. Hes actually really good going sideline to sideline. I do think they end up drafting a LB that may not fit the mold but is fast.

Man Micah parsons might be exactly what you guys need.. Im hoping he goes before #10.lol
    Even though I would have preferred a top 5 pick Im actually not upset that they landed at 10. At this pick one of Surtain, Farley, or Parsons will be available. My hope is that 4 QBs get drafted in the top 10. If 4 QBs, 2 WRs, Sewell, and Gregory Rousseau all go in the top 10 all three of Surtain, Parsons, and Farley might still be on the board at 10. I would be happy with any of those guys but Surtain is the guy I really want.

Even though I would have preferred a top 5 pick Im actually not upset that they landed at 10. At this pick one of Surtain, Farley, or Parsons will be available. My hope is that 4 QBs get drafted in the top 10. If 4 QBs, 2 WRs, Sewell, and Gregory Rousseau all go in the top 10 all three of Surtain, Parsons, and Farley might still be on the board at 10. I would be happy with any of those guys but Surtain is the guy I really want.

Agreed. Surtain is the guy I want too. I think the Surtain-Diggs combo would be awesome. If not him, then I think Farley will also be really good. Maybe resign Awuzie and you've got a decent group back there.

I like the Quinn hire but I agree with the concerns others have about him. He was great in Seattle, but his talent level was so high, it's hard to know how much of it was due to him. I think going back to a 4-3 base is absolutely the right move and the defense will improve just based on that because they are built for that. At worst, they won't be a historically bad defense. If they can even be a middle of the road defense that's a dangerous team with a healthy Prescott and offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Agreed. Surtain is the guy I want too. I think the Surtain-Diggs combo would be awesome. If not him, then I think Farley will also be really good. Maybe resign Awuzie and you've got a decent group back there.

I like the Quinn hire but I agree with the concerns others have about him. He was great in Seattle, but his talent level was so high, it's hard to know how much of it was due to him. I think going back to a 4-3 base is absolutely the right move and the defense will improve just based on that because they are built for that. At worst, they won't be a historically bad defense. If they can even be a middle of the road defense that's a dangerous team with a healthy Prescott and offensive line.
    Good luck... Surtain doesn't get passed Denver

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Denver has had enough elite CBs. It's time Dallas gets in on that action again. Spread the wealth a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Denver has had enough elite CBs. It's time Dallas gets in on that action again. Spread the wealth a bit.
    Yeah but aside from QB, that's by far our biggest need. And due to the fact that I don't think any first round QB is worth the pick outside of Lawrence and maybe Fields, I'm pretty confident that whoever our new GM is, will not be drafting a QB.

Yeah but aside from QB, that's by far our biggest need. And due to the fact that I don't think any first round QB is worth the pick outside of Lawrence and maybe Fields, I'm pretty confident that whoever our new GM is, will not be drafting a QB.
    Youre getting Wentz anyway so no need for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Thats very possible. But even if that does happen Caleb Farley should still be in the board and Id be perfectly happy with him. They could also go LB and draft Micah Parsons. OR the could add another pass rusher in Gregory Rousseau who Id also be happy with.

My hope though is that Trey Lance looks so good at the Combine that Denver picks him at 9.