Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1317
  1. #1096
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,052
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Ah true that, I guess I just thought that 5th year option would be void if they agreed to an extension before the 4th year. Iím wrong though. So I guess a 4 year extension would really be like a 6 year contract (including the two remaining years).

    Iím not good with how these NFL contracts work.lol
    Technically they wouldn't have to account for the 5th year option in an extension but Adams doesn't really have the leverage there. Usually when a rookie contract gets extended before it is over, the remaining year(s) are accounted for in terms of average salary. But the player will get a significant amount of money up front, unlike if he were to play out his contract.

  2. #1097
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Technically they wouldn't have to account for the 5th year option in an extension but Adams doesn't really have the leverage there. Usually when a rookie contract gets extended before it is over, the remaining year(s) are accounted for in terms of average salary. But the player will get a significant amount of money up front, unlike if he were to play out his contract.
    Oh I gotcha

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #1098
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Or as someone else put earlier in this thread, the cowboys have three #1 WRs. One of those WRs already has a top 3 WR contract so itíd be trading a cheap young WR that still has two team controlled years for a safety that will probably immediately command the most money ever by a safety. Plus they still gotta pay dak. Thatís a lot of money to throw around.

    I understand if they want to trade Gallup before his price gets too high but I think it might be smarter to do that next offseason when they already know if lamb pans out or not. Plus, hell who knows, maybe dak needs the three #1 WRs.. We just saw the cowboys go 8-8 when he had only two #1 WRs.
    If only Dak played defense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #1099
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.

    As far as dak goes, I definitely agree, they are spending a lot of resources to make dak look good which will inadvertently make dak a lot more money. As of right now itís not a big sample size but so far when we see dak lose players on offense he really starts to struggle big time. They say amari can be cut or moved in 2022 for a 6mill dead cap hit, that would be interesting if they canít afford offensive weapons anymore because dak is getting paid the big bux.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Thatís true about the two extra years for Jamal Adams but heís basically saying that he doesnít want to go into the season without a contract extension. Maybe he just means if he stays a New York jet but Iím assuming heíd want a contract extension if he was traded too and if he gets that extension Iím assuming it would go into effect after this next year so the 5th year option probably wouldnít be exercised. Safety is a need for them but personally I just think itís a position that a team shouldnít invest a lot into unless they have an elite level talent there (which Jamal Adams arguably is). But still, sending out a lot of assets and also giving him a huge extension on top? Just seems too big of a price for me for a safety. Defensive end on the other hand, I can see that because thatís a position that can directly make the rest of the defense better.

    As far as dak goes, I definitely agree, they are spending a lot of resources to make dak look good which will inadvertently make dak a lot more money. As of right now itís not a big sample size but so far when we see dak lose players on offense he really starts to struggle big time. They say amari can be cut or moved in 2022 for a 6mill dead cap hit, that would be interesting if they canít afford offensive weapons anymore because dak is getting paid the big bux.
    Jamal has recently come out and said that if he were traded to the Cowboys he would not immediately demand a new contract. If heís staying with the Jets heís still demanding one though. The funny thing is they are using Zekeís contract as an example of a guy getting paid after his 3rd year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1100
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If only Dak played defense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only he could lead them to wins against bad teams you mean?

  6. #1101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,520

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    If only Dak played defense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only dak had good defensive teammates like Robert Quinn, Demarcus Lawrence, jaylon Smith, Sean lee, Leighton vander esch, byron jones etc..

    Most teams would love to have any of those guys

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #1102
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Jamal has recently come out and said that if he were traded to the Cowboys he would not immediately demand a new contract. If heís staying with the Jets heís still demanding one though. The funny thing is they are using Zekeís contract as an example of a guy getting paid after his 3rd year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was reading that supposedly Jamal is acting like this because of how they treated darrelle Revis

    Your baby can't do this

  8. #1103
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If only he could lead them to wins against bad teams you mean?
    Heís pretty decent at it if you look at his entire career and not cherry-pick a smaller sample size.

  9. #1104
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,864
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Heís pretty decent at it if you look at his entire career and not cherry-pick a smaller sample size.
    Well considering it was made after a comment about the Dak not playing defense for a team being 8-8 last season it seems fairly relevant.

  10. #1105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,864
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Heís pretty decent at it if you look at his entire career and not cherry-pick a smaller sample size.
    Also, what heís done in prior seasons is irrelevant to the now. Most recently, he struggled.

  11. #1106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,520

    Your baby can't do this

  12. #1107
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Well considering it was made after a comment about the Dak not playing defense for a team being 8-8 last season it seems fairly relevant.
    This is very fair.

  13. #1108
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Also, what heís done in prior seasons is irrelevant to the now. Most recently, he struggled.
    This I disagree. One year is to small of a sample size. Career wise he is fine.

  14. #1109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If only he could lead them to wins against bad teams you mean?
    Canít win if you donít get stops. Dakís numbers show he did enough to win. The defense lifted their skirt though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #1110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    If only dak had good defensive teammates like Robert Quinn, Demarcus Lawrence, jaylon Smith, Sean lee, Leighton vander esch, byron jones etc..

    Most teams would love to have any of those guys
    You can have all the talent in the world but if you donít have a general to lead them (coach) talent doesnít matter. Losing LVE hurt too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •