Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1178
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,301
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Would eagle fans be happy if they gave up their second round pick for Brandon Cooks?
    Not me

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,301
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I really think it's foolish to use early picks on needs rather than best player.

    it's how you end up drafting eric ebron over aaron donald
    Agreed

    Your baby can't do this

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,823
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Would eagle fans be happy if they gave up their second round pick for Brandon Cooks?
    Only IF you get to draft day and can't get something done for the big 2/3.

    That said, some of the stuff I am reading says a 3rd could get it done. For a 3rd, count me in.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Only IF you get to draft day and can't get something done for the big 2/3.

    That said, some of the stuff I am reading says a 3rd could get it done. For a 3rd, count me in.
    Ya a second might be a slight overpay. A receiver drafted in the second round would be cheaper and might even outproduce Cooks in the next 4 years.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,395
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Only IF you get to draft day and can't get something done for the big 2/3.

    That said, some of the stuff I am reading says a 3rd could get it done. For a 3rd, count me in.
    Ya I agree a third would be a great deal.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,301

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    A 3rd could also be a very bad deal. Heís gotten like 5 or 6 concussions already in his career (that are documented) and heís only 26. One more and he could be a vegetable for the rest of his life. Even if he doesnít get completely ****ed up by another concussion, his contract isnít exactly pretty and the eagles already have one of the highest cap hits in the NFL dedicated to the WR position. Also trading a 2nd or 3rd for cooks may satisfy the eagles enough not to draft a WR in round 1 or 2, which I think would be bad both in the immediate future and long term.

    Iíd also prefer the eagles go away from injury concerns (which has plagued the eagles WRs for two years straight) and get younger at the WR position at the same time.

    Also, you guys donít think itís suspicious that this guy is 26 and after heís traded this time he will have been traded 3 times already in his career? To me, that starts to put up some red flags.

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I really think it's foolish to use early picks on needs rather than best player.

    it's how you end up drafting eric ebron over aaron donald
    I do too... But too many teams end up drafting a position of need instead

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,301
    My thoughts on drafting BPA is itís the right way to go for sure, thing is every team has a different idea on what that actually means. A team that has a huge need at WR for example might rate a WR much higher on their draft board than maybe a LB that has similar potential.

    Also, if it is getting close to their pick and top player on the draft board is maybe a Safety but the 2nd player on their draft board is WR and that WR is ranked slightly lower than the safety but safety isnít a need at all, then Iíd say most teams would probably select that WR.

    When drafting for need becomes an issue in my opinion is when the best player at the position that you want to upgrade is pretty low on a teams draft board and that team is jumping like maybe 7-10 players on their board just to select that player at position of need, thatís when it becomes an issue.

    The best thing to do in a scenario where your teams need isnít close to the top of your draft board is either trade down 5-10 picks or select BPA at another position that might have free agents coming up and/or getting old at a position or just a position that needs better depth in general or a player that has a very high grade on your board that has fallen for whatever reason.

    Your baby can't do this

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Poe and McCoy were nice veteran grabs, but it depends what version of them you are getting. I'm not sure they will rival the tops in the league though.
    Iím really thinking that Kinlaw would be the stud and the guy commanding the double team while McCoy and Poe be the run stuffers and depth. They would have Lawrence coming off one side however they would still need to address the loss of Quinn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I really think it's foolish to use early picks on needs rather than best player.

    it's how you end up drafting eric ebron over aaron donald
    I agree. Thatís why even if the best player on the board is a WR the Cowboys should take him. If Kinlaw is there at 17 though he would easily be the best player on the board.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím really thinking that Kinlaw would be the stud and the guy commanding the double team while McCoy and Poe be the run stuffers and depth. They would have Lawrence coming off one side however they would still need to address the loss of Quinn.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quinn and Cobb are both in the 10 worst FA signing list - theScore

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    My thoughts on drafting BPA is itís the right way to go for sure, thing is every team has a different idea on what that actually means. A team that has a huge need at WR for example might rate a WR much higher on their draft board than maybe a LB that has similar potential.

    Also, if it is getting close to their pick and top player on the draft board is maybe a Safety but the 2nd player on their draft board is WR and that WR is ranked slightly lower than the safety but safety isnít a need at all, then Iíd say most teams would probably select that WR.

    When drafting for need becomes an issue in my opinion is when the best player at the position that you want to upgrade is pretty low on a teams draft board and that team is jumping like maybe 7-10 players on their board just to select that player at position of need, thatís when it becomes an issue.

    The best thing to do in a scenario where your teams need isnít close to the top of your draft board is either trade down 5-10 picks or select BPA at another position that might have free agents coming up and/or getting old at a position or just a position that needs better depth in general or a player that has a very high grade on your board that has fallen for whatever reason.
    Exactly. In essence, in the first round teams draft bpa at a position of need. Every single team has several positions that could be improved and every teams needs are different. That's why some players end up sliding a little bit sometimes imo. Because say on a true big board you have a defensive tackle as the 7th best player but teams 7-12 don't have a huge need at that position but they needs at other positions or are willing to trade back. That's where the draft gets crazy and that's also why the first 5 picks are usually pretty set in stone... Because those teams usually have a lot of needs so any of the top players usually fit right in lol

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,666
    Dallas has been strictly a draft by position team for a while. Itís worked more then not. But itís also 1 of the things MM said he was going to change . Adding 3 veteran starters through FA was the most none Garret thing you could think of . FA has been %80 depth players . So thereís another change . However it was a odd year with so many players contracts up . They needed to upgrade the interior line and SS and it seems like they did that even if itís not a conventional way for this cowboy team this last decade

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,767
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Quinn and Cobb are both in the 10 worst FA signing list - theScore
    For this year they absolutely are two of the worse FA signings. Last year though Cobb was one of the best FA signings and Quinn was a great trade considering both of the salaries they were making compared to their production. This year though both players got severely overpaid. Thatís why the Cowboys made no attempt to keep them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,533
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    A 3rd could also be a very bad deal. Heís gotten like 5 or 6 concussions already in his career (that are documented) and heís only 26. One more and he could be a vegetable for the rest of his life. Even if he doesnít get completely ****ed up by another concussion, his contract isnít exactly pretty and the eagles already have one of the highest cap hits in the NFL dedicated to the WR position. Also trading a 2nd or 3rd for cooks may satisfy the eagles enough not to draft a WR in round 1 or 2, which I think would be bad both in the immediate future and long term.

    Iíd also prefer the eagles go away from injury concerns (which has plagued the eagles WRs for two years straight) and get younger at the WR position at the same time.

    Also, you guys donít think itís suspicious that this guy is 26 and after heís traded this time he will have been traded 3 times already in his career? To me, that starts to put up some red flags.
    This. I'd completely stay away from Cooks because of that contract.

Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •