Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Who Trades for Minshew?

With the Jags expected to draft Lawrence and bringing in Urban as the coach, they don't really need Minshew anymore. Mike Glennon probably makes more sense as a backup QB, or a different QB not currently on the roster.

Minshew has started 19 games at 62.6% comp, 5,126 yards, 34 TDs and 11 INTs, which are starting-grade numbers. Only negative is only 7 wins, because Marrone and because Jags.

Steelers?
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

He'll probably become the new Ryan Fitzpatrick. The only difference being there's a lot more QBs around, so he probably won't be brought in to be a starter as much. Still, if he was a 1st round pick, people would be debating whether it actually makes sense to replace him, like say the Jets with Darnold. (Who has been worse than Minshew.)

Steelers would be much more wise to trade for Minshew than Darnold.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    He'll probably become the new Ryan Fitzpatrick. The only difference being there's a lot more QBs around, so he probably won't be brought in to be a starter as much. Still, if he was a 1st round pick, people would be debating whether it actually makes sense to replace him, like say the Jets with Darnold. (Who has been worse than Minshew.)
    I guess the old Ryan Fitzpatrick, in a way. Like Fitz now has a role as a mentor that Minshew wouldn't have, but back when Fitz was on the Bills is probably a good compare to Minshew now. Pre-2018 Tampa, Minshew is actually better than Fitz ever was, statistically.

2021 teams that need a QB:
    - Patriots
    - Steelers
    - Washington
    - Chicago (probably not Minshew)
    - Carolina (draft? Teddy?)

2021 teams that might need a QB:
    - Houston (if Watson traded)
    - Indy (if Rivers doesn't return)
    - Raiders (if Gruden needs to save his job)
    - Cowboys (if Dak isn't retained/healthy)
    - Giants (if they give up on Daniel Jones)
    - LA Rams (if done with Goff)
    - 49ers (if done with Jimmy G)
    - Lions (if Stafford traded)
    - Vikings (if done with Cousins)

More teams than expected when I actually wrote this out.

Still like Steelers the best for him. Minshew could possibly turn around the toxic culture of the Steelers... or could amplify the worst of it and dance on logos with JuJu.

I'm kinda feeling the Patriots. Moustache and Hoodie together could be an intriguing fit. I don't think Minshew would be set up for success there though, with the Pats roster.

Washington would be good, probably. They've got a solid team and just seem to need a QB who is more of a playmaker than game manager. Respect on Alex Smith though.

Weird wildcard is the Rams, I think. Minshew can do what Goff does, probably better. Don't know that the Rams make a change though, unless its for a bigger upgrade. Especially with at least 1 playoff win under their belt.

Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    With the Jags expected to draft Lawrence and bringing in Urban as the coach, they don't really need Minshew anymore. Mike Glennon probably makes more sense as a backup QB, or a different QB not currently on the roster.

Minshew has started 19 games at 62.6% comp, 5,126 yards, 34 TDs and 11 INTs, which are starting-grade numbers. Only negative is only 7 wins, because Marrone and because Jags.

Steelers?
    I honestly donít see any reason why they should trade Minshew. Lawrence might not be ready to start in the NFL from day 1. Or their OL might not be ready for Lawrence to start. Minshew is the perfect option if they want to bring Lawrence along slowly. Or even if Lawrence is ready and they do start the rookie the Jags would have one of the better backups in the NFL. So unless someone offers up a 1st Iíd just keep Minshew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I honestly donít see any reason why they should trade Minshew.
    Mike Glennon, the guy who took the job from Minshew.

Sticking to traditions:

-Scott van Pelt

He'll probably go to some team with a QB competition, lose, and we won't hear about him again until an injury.

I'm not opposed in Carolina since Teddy is trash, but I'm not very impressed by him and if we don't have a legit developmental rookie I'll be disappointed.