Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1310

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    My and a buddy were talking about that last night. Goff is going to continue to fall. Itís crazy how good that team was and just a couple years later they look prepared to be in the bottom half of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Goff is so bad man.. He canít read a defense on his own without Sean Mcvay telling him in his ear piece exactly what is going to happen. Iím not sure why a guy like that should be counted on to lead a franchise.

Funny I remember this and it really doesnít matter because itís not real life, but I remember on draft night they were showing Goff and wentz, after they were drafted, taking turns playing madden on PlayStation. I remember Goff was playing and wentz was watching and wentz said ďuh oh, defense is showing this and this and this, you should change your protection and your TE routeĒ and Goff just looked like a deer in headlights..lmao.. guy canít read a defense to save his life

Your baby can't do this

Here is an interesting video that contributes to our Dak and Wentz conversation. Iím not the only one that recognizes the Cowboy defense part in not winning the NFC East.

https://youtu.be/xbxuDWV2klc

Here is an interesting video that contributes to our Dak and Wentz conversation. Iím not the only one that recognizes the Cowboy defense part in not winning the NFC East.

First Take 😂

Iím not saying the cowboys defense was great or anything but itís laughable to call the cowboys defense atrocious. Thereís nothing that can prove that they were atrocious.

They only allowed 2 teams all year to score more than 30 points and held 8 different teams under 18 points. Only a bottom 5 offense doesnít score at least 18 points per game so that should be more than enough to win but somehow the cowboys lost 3 of those games (whereís that elite offense when you need them). That isnít on the defense, thatís on the offense. So if the cowboys defense cost them 3 games like you were saying earlier, well the cowboys offense also cost them 3 games.

Your baby can't do this

NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

And the reason the offensive season stats were so high for the cowboys isnít because the offense was elite all year long. Itís because the cowboys offense was at a borderline all time great pace in the 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams which actually kept their average to below average offensive numbers in the other 10 games up. The stats show this.

This is where I think Jason Garrett gets a lot of blame but the players also should share some blame here in my opinion

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím not saying the cowboys defense was great or anything but itís laughable to call the cowboys defense atrocious. Thereís nothing that can prove that they were atrocious.

They only allowed 2 teams all year to score more than 30 points and held 8 different teams under 18 points. Only a bottom 5 offense doesnít score at least 18 points per game so that should be more than enough to win but somehow the cowboys lost 3 of those games (whereís that elite offense when you need them). That isnít on the defense, thatís on the offense. So if the cowboys defense cost them 3 games like you were saying earlier, well the cowboys offense also cost them 3 games.
    I said 2 games.

And the reason the offensive season stats were so high for the cowboys isnít because the offense was elite all year long. Itís because the cowboys offense was at a borderline all time great pace in the 6 games against 5-11 or worse teams which actually kept their average to below average offensive numbers in the other 10 games up. The stats show this.

This is where I think Jason Garrett gets a lot of blame but the players also should share some blame here in my opinion
    The players have been the ones taking most of the heat, and deservedly so. At the end of the day they are the ones on the field actually playing. A bad coach though can lead an immensely talented team straight into the ground. We went through it with Barry Switzer before and you guys kind of went through it with Rich Kotite (and Chip Kelly). A bad coach can severely underachieve or completely wreck your franchise.

The players have been the ones taking most of the heat, and deservedly so. At the end of the day they are the ones on the field actually playing. A bad coach though can lead an immensely talented team straight into the ground. We went through it with Barry Switzer before and you guys kind of went through it with Rich Kotite (and Chip Kelly). A bad coach can severely underachieve or completely wreck your franchise.

Oh I agree, coaching can kill a team. Iím just tryina point out that the defense shouldnít take as much heat as they have been and likewise the offense shouldnít be absent from blame. I think overall the offense was the best unit and should take less blame but there were definitely times where they could have stepped up and didnít. As talented as the team is, to go 8-8 thereís blame to throw around everywhere, worse defenses have been dragged into the playoffs before. And as far as the offense goes, Iím not even talking just dak but the running game wasnít great during those games either. But this foxworth guy saying the defense was atrocious is not accurate. Itís a comment made to take any blame away from the offense

Your baby can't do this

But back to coaching, man chip Kelly was the worst.. The team culture was awful, his offensive play calls were so repetitive that other teams defensive players have literally said that they knew what plays the eagles were gonna run before the ball was snapped (oh, and he also wouldnít let the QB change protections routes or plays at the line of scrimmage so if the play was to run the ball off the right tackle and the QB saw 9 defenders stacked around the right tackle he still had to snap the ball), he literally ran the players so much during the week that they were too tired on sundays, he tried to get rid of all of the eagles good players to prove that he can win without them (major backfire), plus he decided it was a great idea to move on from both desean jackson and Jeremy maclin but also thought it was a great idea to resign Riley cooper to a 5 year deal at the same time. That was the guy who caught some heat for shouting out a racist comment at a night club, and yes that incident came before chip signed him to an extension. Iím not sure thereís another coach that literally tried to sabotage a team.

Your baby can't do this

Oh I agree, coaching can kill a team. Iím just tryina point out that the defense shouldnít take as much heat as they have been and likewise the offense shouldnít be absent from blame. I think overall the offense was the best unit and should take less blame but there were definitely times where they could have stepped up and didnít. As talented as the team is, to go 8-8 thereís blame to throw around everywhere, worse defenses have been dragged into the playoffs before. And as far as the offense goes, Iím not even talking just dak but the running game wasnít great during those games either. But this foxworth guy saying the defense was atrocious is not accurate. Itís a comment made to take any blame away from the offense
    Not sure why this is even still going on I gave you a absolute detailed description of the Cowboys issues last year . In short it was inconsistency at every position as well as coaching plus atrocious special teams . Why are you going on and on like your in a court of law trying to get someone to admit Dak was the issue . ..? Lol.. just listen to old surf . I already told you what the issue was last year and yes a part of it was Dak . Career year or not . Then again just ignore what I said Iíll add it to the ASmith hit list of things .

So ... just a quick preview of the upcoming season . We have JSmith , ASmith , Dak , DLawrence , Jarwin and a side bet between Lamb and whoever the hell the eagles drafted in the first round .. 😂😂.. I like my odds here . No?
    Say uncle now and I will be gentle when all those players prove you guys wrong again . 1st and only chance

Oh letís not forget Hurts . That should be fun 🤣🤣🤣😂😂🇺🇸🇺🇸🐍🐍

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    So ... just a quick preview of the upcoming season . We have JSmith , ASmith , Dak , DLawrence , Jarwin and a side bet between Lamb and whoever the hell the eagles drafted in the first round .. 😂😂.. I like my odds here . No?
    Say uncle now and I will be gentle when all those players prove you guys wrong again . 1st and only chance
    this is like 5 years running of you speaking up how great the cowboys are.

who knows, maybe this year you'll get 8 games against bottom 5 teams to up your record and stats
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Could you spell out the details on all of those?

I fear it's just gonna end up with you claiming things again that nobody said.

I certainly don't recall any Eagles fans saying Jalen Reagor will be better than CeeDee Lamb this year.

Oh letís not forget Hurts . That should be fun 🤣🤣🤣😂😂🇺🇸🇺🇸🐍🐍
    Why are there US flags between the lmao and snake emojis?

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast