Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1317
  1. #1111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I was reading that supposedly Jamal is acting like this because of how they treated darrelle Revis
    Also the fact that they even entertained trading him. He has said many times that he never wanted to leave the Jets and was upset that they considered trading him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #1112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Also, what heís done in prior seasons is irrelevant to the now. Most recently, he struggled.
    Does that apply to Wentz too or just Dak?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1113
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Canít win if you donít get stops. Dakís numbers show he did enough to win. The defense lifted their skirt though.
    Last season, Dak played 10 games against teams that finished with a record of 6-10 or better. His passing stats in those 10 games:

    244 completions / 388 attempts = 62.9 completion percentage
    2978 yards (297.8 Y/G), 11 TD (2.8%), 8 Int (2.1%)
    87.33 passer rating

    He also played 6 games against teams with a record of 5-11 or worse. (2xWAS 3-13, 2xNYG 4-12, DET 3-12-1, MIA 5-11.) His passing stats in those 6 games:

    144 completions / 208 attempts = 69.2 completion percentage
    1924 yards (320.7 Y/G), 19 TD (9.1%), 3 Int (1.4%)
    122.76 passer rating

    So his numbers actually show he didn't do enough to win -- at least against teams that made it a little tougher for opposing teams to win.

    EDIT: The league average passer rating in 2019 was 90.4.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 05-27-2020 at 04:41 AM.

  4. #1114
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Does that apply to Wentz too or just Dak?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes

    Wentz was pretty good last season, especially when it mattered the most (until clowney attempted to murder him).

  5. #1115
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,865
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This I disagree. One year is to small of a sample size. Career wise he is fine.
    What he did to this point is now irrelevant, this season is all that matters now. Maybe he can beat good teams again. Time will tell.

  6. #1116
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Last season, Dak played 10 games against teams that finished with a record of 6-10 or better. His passing stats in those 10 games:

    244 completions / 388 attempts = 62.9 completion percentage
    2978 yards (297.8 Y/G), 11 TD (2.8%), 8 Int (2.1%)
    87.33 passer rating

    He also played 6 games against teams with a record of 5-11 or worse. (2xWAS 3-13, 2xNYG 4-12, DET 3-12-1, MIA 5-11.) His passing stats in those 6 games:

    144 completions / 208 attempts = 69.2 completion percentage
    1924 yards (320.7 Y/G), 19 TD (9.1%), 3 Int (1.4%)
    122.76 passer rating

    So his numbers actually show he didn't do enough to win -- at least against teams that made it a little tougher for opposing teams to win.

    EDIT: The league average passer rating in 2019 was 90.4.
    So these numbers say that dak did enough to win in those 6 games against teams that finished 5-11 or worse and didnít do nearly enough in those 10 games that teams finished 6-10 or better.

    So dak beats up on the terrible teams and doesnít do enough against the teams that present a little resistance. I mean.. Itís hard for me not to think that if Andy dalton goes in there that the cowboys wouldnít skip a beat, hell they might even do better to be honest, dalton has never had this much toys to play with.

    Dak Prescott apologists like to talk about his team wins, well Andy dalton had the exact same amount of wins in his first 4 years with the bengals that dak had in his first 4 years in Dallas. And Dallas had more weapons too.. so... Give dalton the weapons, I donít see why he couldnít give Dallas the same win rate as what dak is doing. I think dak is the better QB but I donít think itís by a ton to be honest, just give dalton the weapons and he can ball against the bad teams too, might even play decent against good teams who knows
    Last edited by jaydubb; 05-27-2020 at 08:16 AM.

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #1117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yes

    Wentz was pretty good last season, especially when it mattered the most (until clowney attempted to murder him).
    Iím just saying that if you are going to use that logic against Dak you canít really bring his ďalmostĒ MVP season from 3 years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1118
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Last season, Dak played 10 games against teams that finished with a record of 6-10 or better. His passing stats in those 10 games:

    244 completions / 388 attempts = 62.9 completion percentage
    2978 yards (297.8 Y/G), 11 TD (2.8%), 8 Int (2.1%)
    87.33 passer rating

    He also played 6 games against teams with a record of 5-11 or worse. (2xWAS 3-13, 2xNYG 4-12, DET 3-12-1, MIA 5-11.) His passing stats in those 6 games:

    144 completions / 208 attempts = 69.2 completion percentage
    1924 yards (320.7 Y/G), 19 TD (9.1%), 3 Int (1.4%)
    122.76 passer rating

    So his numbers actually show he didn't do enough to win -- at least against teams that made it a little tougher for opposing teams to win.

    EDIT: The league average passer rating in 2019 was 90.4.
    What did the Cowboys defense do in those same games?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1119
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    So these numbers say that dak did enough to win in those 6 games against teams that finished 5-11 or worse and didnít do nearly enough in those 10 games that teams finished 6-10 or better.

    So dak beats up on the terrible teams and doesnít do enough against the teams that present a little resistance. I mean.. Itís hard for me not to think that if Andy dalton goes in there that the cowboys wouldnít skip a beat, hell they might even do better to be honest, dalton has never had this much toys to play with.

    Dak Prescott apologists like to talk about his team wins, well Andy dalton had the exact same amount of wins in his first 4 years with the bengals that dak had in his first 4 years in Dallas. And Dallas had more weapons too.. so... Give dalton the weapons, I donít see why he couldnít give Dallas the same win rate as what dak is doing. I think dak is the better QB but I donít think itís by a ton to be honest, just give dalton the weapons and he can ball against the bad teams too, might even play decent against good teams who knows
    Dak put up the yardage numbers at least but those came at the expense of Zeke's numbers and controlling the clock to give the defense more of a rest.

    In 2019, the Cowboys offense had an average of 2:42 per drive (15th in the NFL) compared to 2:59 in 2018 (2nd). 17 seconds may not sound like much but it was over 175 drives in 2019 compared to 169 in 2018, i.e. 32 minutes in total that the defense was on the field more in 2019, or more than half a game.

    Now I'm not saying a team is supposed to run the ball for the sake of running the ball, but if your team is built to run the ball then it may not be a bad idea to actually do so.

    Dalton is going to cost $7M in 2019 compared to Dak's $31.4M, and Dalton is certainly not 1/5th the player that Dak is, but if he actually started he would also cost more in 2020 and beyond.

  10. #1120
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,886

    NFCE 2020 Season Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    So these numbers say that dak did enough to win in those 6 games against teams that finished 5-11 or worse and didnít do nearly enough in those 10 games that teams finished 6-10 or better.

    So dak beats up on the terrible teams and doesnít do enough against the teams that present a little resistance. I mean.. Itís hard for me not to think that if Andy dalton goes in there that the cowboys wouldnít skip a beat, hell they might even do better to be honest, dalton has never had this much toys to play with.

    Dak Prescott apologists like to talk about his team wins, well Andy dalton had the exact same amount of wins in his first 4 years with the bengals that dak had in his first 4 years in Dallas. And Dallas had more weapons too.. so... Give dalton the weapons, I donít see why he couldnít give Dallas the same win rate as what dak is doing. I think dak is the better QB but I donít think itís by a ton to be honest, just give dalton the weapons and he can ball against the bad teams too, might even play decent against good teams who knows
    I donít think Dalton is as good as Dak. You are correct though that Dalton put up very similar numbers in his first 4 years when he had healthy weapons to throw to and a good OL. As the Bengals let those players leave in free agency though and as the ones that stayed continued to get injured, Daltonís play declined.

    I think with this exact team Dalton has a ceiling of 10 wins and is capable of getting a Wild Card playoff spot. Dak with this same team has a ceiling of about 12 wins and capable of winning the NFC East. So I would say that Dak is worth about 2 games over Dalton.

    As far as the cap is concerned Dalton would be invaluable to the Cowboys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #1121
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    What did the Cowboys defense do in those same games?
    Allowed 1.88 points per drive in 2019 (14th) compared to 1.91 in 2018 (15th).

  12. #1122
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,430
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Dak put up the yardage numbers at least but those came at the expense of Zeke's numbers and controlling the clock to give the defense more of a rest.

    In 2019, the Cowboys offense had an average of 2:42 per drive (15th in the NFL) compared to 2:59 in 2018 (2nd). 17 seconds may not sound like much but it was over 175 drives in 2019 compared to 169 in 2018, i.e. 32 minutes in total that the defense was on the field more in 2019, or more than half a game.

    Now I'm not saying a team is supposed to run the ball for the sake of running the ball, but if your team is built to run the ball then it may not be a bad idea to actually do so.

    Dalton is going to cost $7M in 2019 compared to Dak's $31.4M, and Dalton is certainly not 1/5th the player that Dak is, but if he actually started he would also cost more in 2020 and beyond.
    Dalton is only making 3 million. Unless you think he will start and win the Super Bowl?

  13. #1123
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,061
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Dalton is only making 3 million. Unless you think he will start and win the Super Bowl?
    Even better for the Cowboys.

  14. #1124
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Iím just saying that if you are going to use that logic against Dak you canít really bring his ďalmostĒ MVP season from 3 years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are talking about last season.

  15. #1125
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Dak put up the yardage numbers at least but those came at the expense of Zeke's numbers and controlling the clock to give the defense more of a rest.

    In 2019, the Cowboys offense had an average of 2:42 per drive (15th in the NFL) compared to 2:59 in 2018 (2nd). 17 seconds may not sound like much but it was over 175 drives in 2019 compared to 169 in 2018, i.e. 32 minutes in total that the defense was on the field more in 2019, or more than half a game.

    Now I'm not saying a team is supposed to run the ball for the sake of running the ball, but if your team is built to run the ball then it may not be a bad idea to actually do so.

    Dalton is going to cost $7M in 2019 compared to Dak's $31.4M, and Dalton is certainly not 1/5th the player that Dak is, but if he actually started he would also cost more in 2020 and beyond.
    Interesting. So the cowboys offense mighta actually tired out the cowboys defense because they were getting less rest

    Your baby can't do this

Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •