Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1319
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,887
    Did you see the E: 60 episode where they talked to Alex Smith about his leg? Itís pretty gruesome. Here is a clip. If youíre squeamish I suggest not watching it.


    https://youtu.be/nddPy0Pmxok


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #557
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,070
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I just donít see how that meme is any more offensive to someone during this pandemic then before .
    Like I said it just came to my mind in response to the meme posted here with Jerry doing the draft from his yacht... while his hospitality business lays off people during the pandemic.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 04-29-2020 at 06:30 PM.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,070
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Anyway whatís yíallís post draft predictions for the division? Iíf the Cowboys draft is half as good as everyone thinks itís gonna be pretty hard to keep pace with Dallas for the next couple years . Especially with the comp picks they are expected to receive this year .
    The Cowboys draft is so highly rated because the first 3 picks are players that mock drafters rated highly. They had Lamb go higher, usually 12th to the Raiders, Diggs as a late first-round pick, sometimes to Philly, and Gallimore as an early 2nd rounder.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Cowboys draft is so highly rated because the first 3 picks are players that mock drafters rated highly. They had Lamb go higher, usually 12th to the Raiders, Diggs as a late first-round pick, sometimes to Philly, and Gallimore as an early 2nd rounder.
    Yeah but Iím seeing praise for the later rounds too . A all American DE , a center who some had as the best center in the draft and a DB who Will Mcclay thinks was their best pick . Plus a Italian QB with the highest completion percentage in the nation . Yes Iím Italian 😂

  5. #560
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,070
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah but Iím seeing praise for the later rounds too . A all American DE , a center who some had as the best center in the draft and a DB who Will Mcclay thinks was their best pick . Plus a Italian QB with the highest completion percentage in the nation . Yes Iím Italian 😂
    Well, those are 5th and 7th round picks.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah but Iím seeing praise for the later rounds too . A all American DE , a center who some had as the best center in the draft and a DB who Will Mcclay thinks was their best pick . Plus a Italian QB with the highest completion percentage in the nation . Yes Iím Italian 😂
    Any time you can save $34 million with a late rd draft pick, you go for it.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, those are 5th and 7th round picks.
    You said they were praised for the first 3 rounds . Iím pointing out they were praised for at least 6 of their 7 picks.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    Any time you can save $34 million with a late rd draft pick, you go for it.
    How about if you can replace a elite CB contract with a rookie deal . Thatís gotta be a good thing .

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,885
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    How about if you can replace a elite CB contract with a rookie deal . Thatís gotta be a good thing .
    Yeah but you save twice as much when you replace your qb with a late rd pick

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,887
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    The Cowboys draft is so highly rated because the first 3 picks are players that mock drafters rated highly. They had Lamb go higher, usually 12th to the Raiders, Diggs as a late first-round pick, sometimes to Philly, and Gallimore as an early 2nd rounder.
    Actually that applied to every player they drafted except for the QB they took in the seventh. Every other player they drafted had a higher grade than where they were selected.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #566
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    17,070
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    You said they were praised for the first 3 rounds . Iím pointing out they were praised for at least 6 of their 7 picks.
    If you were to predict right now that a 5th round pick is going to make any significant impact, there's like a 15% chance you are right. So I'm sorry if I don't engage in that.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,237
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, I was responding to a meme that had Jerrah sitting in his yacht.

    Jeff Bezos could solve the homelessness problem in the USA if he wanted but instead he's shooting rockets into space. Or he could make a little less profit to ensure workers don't regularly die in his warehouses. But who am I to "whine" about how a guy spends his money that he made all on its own. Bezos simply works 500,000 times harder than the average person and that's why he's so rich.

    To me this kind of stuff is ubiquitous, but this is a sports forum so I don't talk about it usually.
    One of the few things you and I probably agree on lol.

    Nearly 1/3 of all billionaires in the world are American, and 7 out of the 10 richest people in the world are American. That's a huge problem and it's only getting worse.

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,147
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If you were to predict right now that a 5th round pick is going to make any significant impact, there's like a 15% chance you are right. So I'm sorry if I don't engage in that.
    I have a hard time getting excited about Ďgreat picksí usually somewhere around the 3rd round.

    Like you mentioned the success rate is still extremely low at that point. Itís important to have good picks then, but people seem to lose perspective a lot that a great pick late in the draft still makes it way more likely than not that theyíll suck most often.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,887
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I have a hard time getting excited about Ďgreat picksí usually somewhere around the 3rd round.

    Like you mentioned the success rate is still extremely low at that point. Itís important to have good picks then, but people seem to lose perspective a lot that a great pick late in the draft still makes it way more likely than not that theyíll suck most often.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís not impossible though for a late round pick to become a starter and make an impact on the team. The Cowboys have also historically done well in the late round and with undrafted guys. Jay Ratliff was a 7th round pick. Tony Romo and Beasley werenít even drafted. Laíel Collins is another example of a guy that didnít get drafted yet is making an impact. Anthony Brown will likely start in the slot for the Cowboys this year and he was a 6th round pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    13,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Itís not impossible though for a late round pick to become a starter and make an impact on the team. The Cowboys have also historically done well in the late round and with undrafted guys. Jay Ratliff was a 7th round pick. Tony Romo and Beasley werenít even drafted. Laíel Collins is another example of a guy that didnít get drafted yet is making an impact. Anthony Brown will likely start in the slot for the Cowboys this year and he was a 6th round pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    La'el Collins is kind of a special case, but yeah they have done well. You didn't mention Xavier Woods, a 6th rounder, who is also pretty good.

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •