Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    This is where I think fantasy football has ruined our view of the game.
    TDs are probably overrated if anything.
    Blocking is very underrated. No one even talks about even more.
    I think itís so hard to measure though same with oline men.

If you could give me any info on measuring blocking and itís effect, Iíll gladly look to change my mind as you said you have.

I get no player really ever makes a play 100% independently, but depending on where the TE is set to block, does the RB even go to that side? Is the TE assisting on a defender with a lineman or a RB?

I know PFF has their grades but itís not as easily distinguishable. FO ranks TEs too but not sure if blocking is factor in.

Iím not underrating it, Thereís just no way of telling how impactful it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Where did I try to change it? I would like the proof.
    This is about who had the best decade.
    You seem to want the best player who happened to play in the decade. You literally said do you want a bunch of average good guys?
    You have to realize that there will be guys on this list that will have had an inferior career to those who are left off it.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think itís so hard to measure though same with oline men.

If you could give me any info on measuring blocking and itís effect, Iíll gladly look to change my mind as you said you have.

I get no player really ever makes a play 100% independently, but depending on where the TE is set to block, does the RB even go to that side? Is the TE assisting on a defender with a lineman or a RB?

I know PFF has their grades but itís not as easily distinguishable. FO ranks TEs too but not sure if blocking is factor in.

Iím not underrating it, Thereís just no way of telling how impactful it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate your post. Itís very fair.
    Itís just in Grahamís situation heís so horrible at blocking. Doesnít even lineup half the time as a tight end. I really felt Graham should of won his grievance when he said he wasnít a tight end.

This is about who had the best decade.
    You seem to want the best player who happened to play in the decade. You literally said do you want a bunch of average good guys?
    You have to realize that there will be guys on this list that will have had an inferior career to those who are left off it.
    Lol. Thatís all. You donít get what an all decade team is. Lol.

At that point it basically became "who's career happened from 2010-2019 for the most part" list rather than a "best of" team.
    Yup.

Lol. Thatís all. You donít get what an all decade team is. Lol.
    Yes cause it doesnít fit your narrative. Lol
    There are guys who played 9 years that outproduced guys who played 4 years in the decade.
    It doesnít mean they had the better career though. Your going to have to deal with it.

Yes cause it doesnít fit your narrative. Lol
    There are guys who played 9 years that outproduced guys who played 4 years in the decade.
    It doesnít mean they had the better career though. Your going to have to deal with it.
    Word salad. Matthew Slater played 10 years. All decade WR!

I have Peyton Manning ahead of Rodgers in career rankings. But I would of voted Rodgers ahead of him for the decade.
    See how it works?

I have Peyton Manning ahead of Rodgers in career rankings. But I would of voted Rodgers ahead of him for the decade.
    See how it works?
    What the hell are you talking about?

What the hell are you talking about?
    Lesser plays get in sometimes because of the arbitrary dates that were set. Luck is a factor in this.

Lesser plays get in sometimes because of the arbitrary dates that were set. Luck is a factor in this.
    Who's the lesser players from 2010-2019 who are in? I see a few tossups, but I don't see guys who played lights out in the 2010's that got left off for someone that played worse.

Graham had 871 more receiving yards, 29 more TDs, and averaged 2 yards more per reception than Witten.

Iíd say thatís a pretty significant difference.
    Only 0.5 yards more per target.

Seems to me that youíre using TDs as an afterthought.
    Not an afterthought, but as I made the case earlier, Dez Bryant filled that same role of red-zone target on the Cowboys.

If you classify what is essentially a receiver as a tight end, he's most likely gonna end up with the bigger receiving stats.

It's safe to assume if the All-Decade Team had a generic ST spot, Matthew Slater would have made it.

But if he had made the list as a WR despite barely playing WR, that would be as silly as someone making the list as a TE despite barely playing TE.

At that point it basically became "who's career happened from 2010-2019 for the most part" list rather than a "best of" team.
    If there was a 2000-2019 team, wouldn't the TEs on it be:

(in no particular order)

Rob Gronkowski
    Tony Gonzalez
    Jason Witten
    Antonio Gates

Yet when we split that list into 2000s and 2010s, one of them doesn't make either team.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Only 0.5 yards more per target.

Not an afterthought, but as I made the case earlier, Dez Bryant filled that same role of red-zone target on the Cowboys.

If you classify what is essentially a receiver as a tight end, he's most likely gonna end up with the bigger receiving stats.

It's safe to assume if the All-Decade Team had a generic ST spot, Matthew Slater would have made it.

But if he had made the list as a WR despite barely playing WR, that would be as silly as someone making the list as a TE despite barely playing TE.
    I was going a bit extreme to make the point that just playing a lot of years doesn't mean you deserve a spot over a guy who might not have played as many years but was better in those years.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    If there was a 2000-2019 team, wouldn't the TEs on it be:

(in no particular order)

Rob Gronkowski
    Tony Gonzalez
    Jason Witten
    Antonio Gates

Yet when we split that list into 2000s and 2010s, one of them doesn't make either team.
    Tony G and Gates easily are my 2000's team. Gronk on the 2010's team. It's like I said in one of those posts, Wittens prime was that 07-13 range. The issue is the idea that a guys career is also his peak play. That's not the case though. Even though Tony G and Gates played past 2010, their best years were in the 2000's.

I just laugh at this arbitrary idea that a guy needs to play a certain number of years to qualify in these teams. And based on what they want of 8 or 9 more years, they are saying anyone drafted in the 2012 draft to now can't be on the team. And effectively anyone drafted pre-06ish based on average career spans.

Page 17 of 80 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast